anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
ponceau flowers are wild flowers all over Eurasia. Mostly red, but sometimes can be orange too in north west Europe. People consider them weed. But are they weed for real? There was one orange one growing in the garden here. Then my stupid gf ripped it out like weed. How do you cultivate ponceau flowers? Have you tried? And why do they lose their petals so quickly always?

ponceau flowers are wild flowers all over Eurasia. Mostly red, but sometimes can be orange too in north west Europe. People consider them weed. But are they weed for real? There was one orange one growing in the garden here. Then my stupid gf ripped it out like weed. How do you cultivate ponceau flowers? Have you tried? And why do they lose their petals so quickly always?
Do you still have the flower? You can propagate it with honey and cinnamon and a potato. Pierce a whole 3/4 through side of potato to fit the size of the stem's roundness(hope the stem is firm - I'm not familiar with that flower). Cut the bottom of stem at an angle. Dip the cut off tip (about an inch) in cinnamon and honey and then put the stem inside the hole in potato if it wilts stick a tall stick in the potato and tie it off. The potato will feed the flower until it grows roots. Stick it in the ground and mist it with water daily. The potato will eventually fall apart and become fertilizer. Problem solved. You can do the same thing with roses.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back