Polyphonic Spree

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I watched them perform on Austin City Limits last night and it was the first time I've even heard of them although they gained fame at our SXSW festival here. At first it looked like the cast from Jesus Christ Superstar doing Beatle music but I got drawn in by my curiosity and found them to be quite enjoying. Any other folks heard or seen them?

I like them a lot. Great music to relax to, or if you're in a bad mood, it'll cheer you up. I think "Light & Day" is their best song. I wish I would've known they were on Austin City Limits, I hear they're great live.

Have you ever heard the backstory on that band? The main guy (I forget his name) was the lead singer in a hardcore punk band and was huge into drugs and stuff. One night, he tried to kill himself, but couldn't do it, and the next day he quit the punk band and started organizing the Spree because he didn't want anything negative in his life anymore.

Dan said:
I like them a lot. Great music to relax to, or if you're in a bad mood, it'll cheer you up. I think "Light & Day" is their best song. I wish I would've known they were on Austin City Limits, I hear they're great live.

Have you ever heard the backstory on that band? The main guy (I forget his name) was the lead singer in a hardcore punk band and was huge into drugs and stuff. One night, he tried to kill himself, but couldn't do it, and the next day he quit the punk band and started organizing the Spree because he didn't want anything negative in his life anymore.

Ya--quite a story--It was just refrehing for me to hear some really new music as opposed to hip-hop, rap,etc. The are fun to watch too !

Forum List

Back