Pollution is officially racist study shows

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Yeah.......me too. I thought it was a joke or Onion piece, but it's not.

The air that Americans breathe isn't equal.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

Poor air quality remains the largest environmental health risk in the United States, the study warns. In fact, with 100,000 deaths per year, more Americans die from air pollution than car crashes and murders combined.

“Even though minorities are contributing less to the overall problem of air pollution, they are affected by it more,” said study co-author Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota, who is white. “Is it fair (that) I create more pollution and somebody else is disproportionately affected by it?”

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

Just when you thought we abandoned the pollution argument and advanced to global warming, some leftist kook comes out with a study to bring it right back, only this time with a new twist.

It appears to me to be an act of desperation; trying to mobilize minorities to join the dying global warming movement using race. Question to you liberals: why don't you just come out and tell minorities you think they are dumber than a box of rocks? At least then you'd be honest about it.

LOL, it's now just hilarious.....they link everything to race, because it's the only issue the democrats have. They lose every other issue. And once black people come back home to the Republican Party, the democrats will Jim Crow them again.......

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

This is awful!!
We should help all blacks and Hispanics leave immediately, for a cleaner, non-white country.
It's the least we can do for them.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

Poor air quality remains the largest environmental health risk in the United States, the study warns. In fact, with 100,000 deaths per year, more Americans die from air pollution than car crashes and murders combined.

“Even though minorities are contributing less to the overall problem of air pollution, they are affected by it more,” said study co-author Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota, who is white. “Is it fair (that) I create more pollution and somebody else is disproportionately affected by it?”

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

Just when you thought we abandoned the pollution argument and advanced to global warming, some leftist kook comes out with a study to bring it right back, only this time with a new twist.

It appears to me to be an act of desperation; trying to mobilize minorities to join the dying global warming movement using race. Question to you liberals: why don't you just come out and tell minorities you think they are dumber than a box of rocks? At least then you'd be honest about it.

So Mexico City pollution is caused by whites?

China pollution is caused by whites?

India pollution is caused by whites?

Brazil pollution is caused by whites?

My point?

All those countries pollution is caused by non-whites, so the study is retarded...

Damn racist white ppl be pollutin the cities.

The left will use this to try to justify moving people from the ghettos and the somali refugee settlements out to the country.

Pollution is Racist

Pollution is concentrated in densely populated areas and minorities are also concentrated in densely populated areas.
It’s not the eeeeviiiil white people’s fault.
Maybe the Troglocrats will impose a pollution tax on white suburbanites to end this great injustice.

Yes. Didn't you guys know? Every time us non-Hispanic whites pass one of your neighborhoods, we're suppose to fart.

Where's IM2 and schlep and all the other idiots? They should be here loudly yammering about white privilege and how we are obliged to give black people our rural holdings.

Where's IM2 and schlep and all the other idiots? They should be here loudly yammering about white privilege and how we are obliged to give black people our rural holdings.

You mean they can't just add it to the reparations?

Pollution is Racist

Pollution is concentrated in densely populated areas and minorities are also concentrated in densely populated areas.
It’s not the eeeeviiiil white people’s fault.
Maybe the Troglocrats will impose a pollution tax on white suburbanites to end this great injustice.

I guess they never thought of those industries were there first and minorities moved in to get the jobs.

LOL, it's now just hilarious.....they link everything to race, because it's the only issue the democrats have. They lose every other issue. And once black people come back home to the Republican Party, the democrats will Jim Crow them again.......

You would think at some point they would tell the left enough is enough. Quit using us for your political agenda.

My point?

All those countries pollution is caused by non-whites, so the study is retarded...

You totally don’t understand do you? Just because others create pollution doesn’t mean that whites can’t be responsible! If you are white, it’s your fault.

My point?

You totally don’t understand do you? Just because others create pollution doesn’t mean that whites can’t be responsible! If you are white, it’s your fault.

Why not? It is with everything else. White privilege = pollution privilege.

Forum List

Back