POLL: What do you think of the new suicide machine?

Is the Sarco a good thing or a bad thing?

• Good thing

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Bad thing

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Mango thing

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
200_s.gif

"Where art meets its end"! Now, that is some motto.
Kinda stylish, though. Like a car.

Which may not be a bad idea. Drive it out to the woods...
That might be an option. Insofar as the thing is 3D printed, I'm sure it wouldn't take much to put wheels on it, or even make an airtight (or not) version of it so one can be floated to sea or sunk at sea or whatever.

Ok, a serious comment.

I spent 3 decades talking to 'frequent flyers' ,many of who were terminals.

A lotta them wanted out.

they not only knew their time was short, they were living a very undignified and painful existence

AND, imposing the prospect of leaving their families with fiscal crisis , up to and even including loosing their homes

Check out the expense of the last 6 months of a terminal , it's obnoxiously $$$, if not predatory.

Oh and, for you fools who think you're insured, think again ,i can't begin to recall all those who had to fight their insurer on the way out

THAT's American medicine ,bowing to the insurance cabal, kicking a man down is what they do, if it'd make you mad to witness those good hard working Americans who've stood by,if not served this country go out this way, please consider we are kinder to dogs

<<end rant>>

~S~

I think a proper regulation would be that full counseling would be required before use.

I don't necessarily agree with full counseling unless you are dealing with someone that has been down that road. Those can't exist or those that made the choice to opt out are going to be few and far between. What you will get is people who will say all the right things (what you want to hear) and do it anyway. It would be a waste of time. The US system would utilize students who have not yet become licensed to profit as much as possible. Who the hell wants to deal with a 20 something that has their life in front of them?

It's neither good or bad. It offers an option.

My daughter and sister both know that if I get the diagnosis my mother got, I'm either going to take all the pills I have on-hand (90 day supply of four different meds,) take a walk into the woods for a snow nap, or both of the above. They both understand and promise they will not resent me.

Therefore, I don't believe I need a very expensive machine.

I'm glad you will be mobile when it comes time to make your choice.

I think we should have the choice to end our lives with dignity. I find it strange that I can offer my beloved pet an end to the pain but not my family members.

I think its awesome. Some people just want to go... Who are any of us to stop them?
And this is much better than blowing their brains out in the family home, jumping in front of a moving vehicle etc

And this is much better than blowing their brains out in the family home, jumping in front of a moving vehicle etc

oh gawd yes

and to leave themselves for their families to walk into and see .......body on floor, brains on wall.....

images they'll never really get over...

~S~

A euthanasia expert just unveiled his ‘suicide machine’ at an Amsterdam funeral fair

Introducing the "SARCO" suicide machine. Big enough for two!

Thoughts? Good thing or bad thing?

I think a proper regulation would be that full counseling would be required before use. Other than that, it's up to the individual.
DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg
I support it as long as the decision meets legal requirements and has medical concurrence
Define “medical concurrence” and explain why it’s needed.

Please and thank you.

A euthanasia expert just unveiled his ‘suicide machine’ at an Amsterdam funeral fair

I think a proper regulation would be that full counseling would be required before use. Other than that, it's up to the individual.
DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg
People should only get legal suicide assistance if they are deathly ill with no hope of recovery and in a great deal of unremitting pain. A machine like this just makes it too easy; so many people who have survived a suicide attempt are grateful to wake up and find they are still alive.

DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg
I support it as long as the decision meets legal requirements and has medical concurrence

Please and thank you.

Medical concurrence on the prospects of recovery, extent of the disease, quality of life

DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg

Please and thank you.

Medical concurrence on the prospects of recovery, extent of the disease, quality of life

And the “pro life” doctors?

I may be willing to go through the motions, but if the doctor says no, that just means I wouldn’t be using the machine.

When people are serious about ending it, they end it.

DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg

Please and thank you.

I may be willing to go through the motions, but if the doctor says no, that just means I wouldn’t be using the machine.

And if you screw up?
You die in agony or survive and make things worse

I am not comfortable with it being a patients decision
A patient can be depressed, have low pain tolerance, be unwilling to go through a short period of discomfort

DasN3U_W0AENMGR.jpg

Please and thank you.

And if you screw up?
You die in agony or survive and make things worse

I am not comfortable with it being a patients decision
A patient can be depressed, have low pain tolerance, be unwilling to go through a short period of discomfort

You didn’t answer about the pro-life doctor.

My mother was bloody brilliant. Watching those lights go out over five years ...followed by two where there were no lights, before she finally passed away, was excruciating.

I can just hear some doctor chirping about how a cure may be right around the corner, and I should make the best of the time I have left.

Forum List

Back