Poll shows more Americans want Black Lives Matter riots investigated than Jan. 6 Capitol riot — and it's not close

Daily Wire ^

As Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi picks members of a select committee to investigate the riots of January 6, a new poll finds that many Americans believe she’s focusing on the wrong riots.

One-third more Americans believe Congress should hold investigative hearings about last summer’s “Black Lives Matter protests that sparked violence” than think lawmakers ought to probe the riot at the capitol on January 6.

In all, two out of three likely U.S. voters say they believe Congress should open an official investigation into “the violent protests” which blazed a trail of arson and looting through major and mid-sized cities nationwide. On the other hand, fewer than half (49%) of Americans support Pelosi’s investigation of the D.C. riot in which rioters protesting the 2020 presidential election results stormed the capitol.

Support for a federal inquiry into the riots that engulfed U.S. cities after the death of George Floyd cut deep across racial and political lines. “Sixty-seven percent (67%) of whites, 64% of black voters, 66% of Hispanics and 62% of other minorities think Congress should investigate the 2020 riots in U.S. cities,” reported Rasmussen Reports. “Seventy-five percent (75%) of Republicans, 60% of Democrats and 63% of voters not affiliated with either major party say Congress should investigate last year’s violent protests.”

The Speaker’s controversial select committee stands on shakier ground. Americans were almost evenly divided on whether members of Congress should launch another examination of the Capitol riot, which Pelosi and her fellow Democrats label an “insurrection”: 42% of respondents told pollsters that the event does not merit a national inquest, with 49% in favor. By contrast, only 21% of Americans said Congress should not investigate the riots surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement.

The riots were the most expensive in U.S. history, costing insurance companies an estimated $1 billion to $2 billion, according to Property Claim Services. That estimate only includes the share of the damage insurance companies cover.

The riots also left hundreds of policemen and civilians injured, and dozens killed, in their wake. “Approximately, 72% of major city law enforcement agencies had officers harmed” during last summer’s riots, according to the Major Cities Chiefs Association. A single police agency “reported that 462 of [its] officers were injured during the protests in [its] jurisdiction.”

Tragically, at least 27 people died during the riots.

“Many elected officials of both parties and at all levels followed up, not by apologizing to their citizens for failing to uphold the law, but by accusing police officers of systemic racism, being in need of reform, reimagining and defunding,” said Sgt. Betsy Brantner Smith (Ret), a spokesperson for the National Police Association, in a statement.

The poll also found:

62% of voters believe politicians who downplayed the riots should be criticized, 11 points higher than those who believe politicians should be called out for minimizing the importance of the D.C. riot; 63% believe looters and rioters who broke the law last summer should be charged and criminally prosecuted; 65% say President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris should meet with the family of former St. Louis Police captain David Dorn, who was slain by rioters; 68% believe failing to prosecute “quality of life” crimes like shoplifting make criminals more likely to reoffend; and 76% of likely voters say young people ought to be taught to obey police officers’ lawful commands instead of resisting or fleeing arrest. The results, which come from a poll released by Rasmussen and the National Police Association last Wednesday, follow a poll in April that found 55% of likely voters believe anti-police rhetoric makes police officers’ jobs more dangerous.

----------

NOT Good Enough, I want EVERY Elected Official that Collaborated with them Charged Accordingly
I’d love an official investigation. I’d like to know why so many politicians turned down the National Guard and allowed the riots to go unimpeded. I read the death toll was 63. Way more than the capital riot.

Yes, if someone goes for a gun but the police now have a lot harder time lying about it. The outcomes are changing as much as you want to deny it.

Please show us where the deaths of blacks from shootings have dropped precipitously since?

Chicago Gun Violence: 461 Shootings Reported in July, Up 15% From Last Year

1 day ago [Aug. 1, 2021]

pknopp: Please show us your list of Democrat-run cities with sharply reduced violent crime, murders, and shootings due to the policies they have adopted over the past year.

Another rasmussen poll. Next time you should find a more credible source, like Alex Jones, or that crazy guy on the street corner who says he gets all his information from coded messages sent to him in a can of alphabet soup.
Yep! :D

1627960650077.jpeg

Do you mean to tell us that your beloved CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, The New York Times, and The New York Post have yet to tell you that the Russian Collusion story was a total, complete LIE?

Naw, you're just joking, aren't you?

You obviously believed Barr's phony summation of the Mueller Report. You really don't have to rely on any of the Networks as the source document is available.

Barr was also the AG that helped GWHB sweep his role in the Iran/Contra affair under the rug.

You obviously believed Barr's phony summation of the Mueller Report. You really don't have to rely on any of the Networks as the source document is available.

Barr was also the AG that helped GWHB sweep his role in the Iran/Contra affair under the rug.
I'm not in the least surprised that you demand to remain ignorant.

butthurt about Hillary?
did we file 50 fake lawsuits about her election loss?
did we storm the capitol when they confirmed Trump's electoral vote?
How soon they forget.

Donald Trump’s US presidential election win sparks riots by Hillary Clinton fans as fighting erupts outside the White House

‘Not Our President’: Protests Spread After Donald Trump’s Election

Tens of Thousands Protest Trump Election Victory, 124 Arrested

Yes. You're butthurt about Hillary. I mean you, personally, are butthurt that your queen wasn't coronated.

was that incited by any democratic leadership?
or was it just some nuts going crazy for a night.

Thank you leftists. You know, our police department wants to hire more police officers. I had a meeting with our chief a few weeks ago and we discussed the problem for about an hour. He told me thanks to you leftists, nobody is interested in being a police officer anymore. It's not just our city, it's a plague stretching nationwide. We have money for additional officers, the police vehicles, but can't find anybody qualified to do the job anymore.

Now that Satan is winning this battle thanks to you and his other disciples, evil will spread with more crime, assaults and murders, and we law abiding citizens will only have our guns for protection.
Many of the folks who want to be police officers have the mindset of the sheet wearers. Why don't they want to be police officers, because they will be held accountable for their actions.

Many of the folks who want to be police officers have the mindset of the sheet wearers. Why don't they want to be police officers, because they will be held accountable for their actions.

Police have always been held accountable for their actions. It's just that we have a terribly uneducated public like those scum on the football field or Olympic games. They think when a police officer shoots or kills an unarmed fellow scum, they broke the law and got away with it. Legally ignorant.

It all boils down to "roots." They urn for an uncivilized society with no rules except the ones they make at the time. They love to destroy things, hurt and kill people even if all procedures work in their favor like the Floyd death. It doesn't matter to them. As long as they have an excuse to behave like animals, they will use it and behave like animals.

It's one of the many reasons I support and promote dividing this country in half. One side for liberals, and the other side for conservatives. Nothing would make me happier, and if all the Democrats had to leave this side of the country, my property value would double or triple overnight.

Police have always been held accountable for their actions.
History proves that is bullshit.
It's just that we have a terribly uneducated public like those scum on the football field or Olympic games. They think when a police officer shoots or kills an unarmed fellow scum, they broke the law and got away with it. Legally ignorant.
That's what racist tell themselves to jusify the police killing unarmed or innocent folks. See you can just suit up and ride out and beat, maim and lynch folks anymore so the police are your means of doing it today.
It all boils down to "roots." They urn for an uncivilized society with no rules except the ones they make at the time. They love to destroy things, hurt and kill people even if all procedures work in their favor like the Floyd death. It doesn't matter to them. As long as they have an excuse to behave like animals, they will use it and behave like animals.
Behave like animals? Uncivilized society? What are these the new right wing catch phrases. Did you hear that on Tucker Carlson.
It's one of the many reasons I support and promote dividing this country in half. One side for liberals, and the other side for conservatives. Nothing would make me happier, and if all the Democrats had to leave this side of the country, my property value would double or triple overnight.
Just move to Idaho or Montana it is already lily white like you want it.

That's what racist tell themselves to jusify the police killing unarmed or innocent folks. See you can just suit up and ride out and beat, maim and lynch folks anymore so the police are your means of doing it today.

No innocent people get killed by police unless it was an accident. Using deadly force against an unarmed suspect or attacker is legal. If you don't like the laws, take civilized action to change those laws. But guess what? Most all of these incidents happen in commie cities and states where they could have changed those laws many years ago. Why don't they?

One reason is that Democrats F-up their area so badly, then run to Republican states after they ruined their last state. Then they vote the same way to F-up our good states as well.

Behave like animals? Uncivilized society? What are these the new right wing catch phrases. Did you hear that on Tucker Carlson.

You mean they didn't behave like animals? They were civilized? We don't form our opinions by the media or our party, we on the right think for ourselves. We are not puppets like you on the left.

Just move to Idaho or Montana it is already lily white like you want it.

My suburb was lily white too. Then you people moved here. You can't live without us. That's why I want two countries. Destroy your own country and then be forced to live in it, just like it should have been with neighborhoods all along.

Forum List

Back