POLL: Should America's President "Rule with an Iron Fist"?

Should America's President "Rule with an Iron Fist"?

• Total voters
isn't that what Biden is already doing? Bypassing congress and the law....working behind the scenes with compromised federal agencies to hamstring his opponents while his illconceived policies and overreaching executive orders hurt America.

isn't that what Biden is already doing? Bypassing congress and the law....working behind the scenes with compromised federal agencies to hamstring his opponents while his illconceived policies and overreaching executive orders hurt America.
That's not the question. The question is should the president rule with an iron fist. Care to answer?

That's not the question. The question is should the president rule with an iron fist. Care to answer?
In our system the President does not rule. He is not a king or a dictator. He is in charge of the Executive branch of our government.

***snip***

Who has more power than the President?

The President, the head of the Executive, holds only as much power as the legislature and the Judiciary.

This is enshrined under the United States Constitution through Separation of Powers and Checks and Balances. The President holds appointment powers over judges of the Supreme Court.

In our system the President does not rule. He is not a king or a dictator. He is in charge of the Executive branch of our government.

***snip***

Who has more power than the President?

The President, the head of the Executive, holds only as much power as the legislature and the Judiciary.

This is enshrined under the United States Constitution through Separation of Powers and Checks and Balances. The President holds appointment powers over judges of the Supreme Court.
This is an opinion poll, beginning with the word "should".

What's your opinion on the question?

Negative, nor should one skirt the laws because they know it will take two years for SCOTUS to slap whatever they did illegally down. That's the way the dems roll now.....You know, the whole "pen and phone" thing.

The executive branch is way too powerful now since congress ceded much of their power to it so they won't have to legislate. In part that is why we have a unelected "shadow government" in the regulatory agencies.

The executive is supposed to suggest legislation for congress to act or not act upon, not go it on their own. That's why there are so many EOs and heavy handedness from the agencies.

canned polls soliciting narrow choices are pursuant to an agenda Mac

Do you like Red or Blue ?

Green or Yellow isn't a choice, ergo one is constrained towards agenda.

~S~
I remain confident that any reasonably intelligent adult can take a clear and direct question, answer it, and effectively expand on it in their own words to their heart's content. This forum allows for independent prose to do just that. Multiple paragraphs are even allowed.

But I certainly appreciate your concern.

Last edited:
Negative, nor should one skirt the laws because they know it will take two years for SCOTUS to slap whatever they did illegally down. That's the way the dems roll now.....You know, the whole "pen and phone" thing.

The executive branch is way too powerful now since congress ceded much of their power to it so they won't have to legislate. In part that is why we have a unelected "shadow government" in the regulatory agencies.

The executive is supposed to suggest legislation for congress to act or not act upon, not go it on their own. That's why there are so many EOs and heavy handedness from the agencies.
It's the conservative way to expand the limits of executive power and then bitch when a democratic president uses those powers. When congress tried to claw back their oversight and subpoena powers during recent events republicans made it very clear what they thought about that.

I remain confident that any reasonably intelligent adult can take a clear and direct question, answer it, and effectively expand on it in their own words to their heart's content. This forum allows for independent prose to do just that. Multiple paragraphs are even allowed.

But I certainly appreciate your concern.
As you wish then Mac

Fascism is a rather insidious animal, most folks do not even realize they may even be subscribing to.

Ergo, is is not a yes/no choice

jmho....

~S~

I grant you, the lazy self serving cucks in the House and Senate have not been worth a crap at doing their job for the good of the country, at least since the 70s.

President Trump wasn't referring to the office of POTUS, he was referring to the Leader of Red China. And of course ANY Communist leader should rule with an iron fist unless they want to be deposed.

As far as America, we are under the iron fist of Brandon, and it is definitely un-American when he gets on TV and denounces half the country. I'd love to see Sleepy Joe rule in a more bipartisan way and reach across the aisle- although I really don't see it.

the vaguely discussed but seldom qualitatively defined question of political leadership is one that needs deep academic study, which none of you amateurs on USMB (except for a couple of bright dudes like me) are qualified to discuss

being decisive, staying the course, and having a clear vision are my core requirements of good leadership

To give the former President full credit for his words, this one really struck me from his rally last night:

"He rules with an iron fist. I'd say that's smart".

Trump supporters, it appears that this is what you want. Is Trump correct?
Trump is correct again, as usual. Xi does rule China and the Democratic party in the USA with an iron fist. And yes, Xi is obviously very smart to be able to pull that off.

But of course calling that "praise" is just plain fucking stupid.

You're a TDS afflicted moron. Your TDS makes you stupider by the day.

Forum List

Back