Poll Q??: Which Stimulus Did You Prefer? Bush's or Obama's?...

Ok so i'll put the two BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) dudes down as preferring Obama's Stimulus. Thanks. I'm still interested in hearing what others think though. Is receiving a check as a Stimulus under Bush preferred over this current President's Stimulus? In my experiences so far,most have told me they preferred receiving a check.

Ok so i'll put the two BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) dudes down as preferring Obama's Stimulus. Thanks. I'm still interested in hearing what others think though. Is receiving a check as a Stimulus under Bush preferred over this current President's Stimulus? In my experiences so far,most have told me they preferred receiving a check.

Of course, isn't the creed of the average Republican, "I got mine, screw you"? Of course it is.
Obama is putting money into our nations infrastructure, providing money to state and local government who are hiring private contractors to repair bridges, widden roads, etc. These contractors hire skillled and unskilled labor, lease heavy equipment, have designs drawn and blueprints (CAD drawings) prepared, etc.
Makes sense to me, get and keep people working, working people pay taxes, buy goods and services and get the economy moving. And what's the Republican plan again...oh, of course, cut taxes. Same (and only) idea for 30 years.

Last edited:

Here is my other answer. How about the gubmint stay out of the stimulus business altogether and let the market correct itself over time. Neither stimulus will achieve the desired effect.

Q: What happened to the economy after the Bush stimulus?

A: We fell into a deep recession

Q: What happened after the Obama stimulus?

A: We emerged from the worst recession in 70 years

Here is my other answer. How about the gubmint stay out of the stimulus business altogether and let the market correct itself over time. Neither stimulus will achieve the desired effect.

"The Market" is a noun. People motivated by self interest control the market. Of course government officials are also motivate by self interest, but the former cannot be fired by the people, the latter can.

The economy has been artificially stimulated since about 80 with defecit spending and then with artificially low interest rates by the feds.

I still believe that giving people a check to spend or save is better than what this Administration has done with their Stimulus. I believe that average American Citizens know how to spend the money better than our Government does. So i'm going with the Bush Stimulus. Hey just my take anyway.

I still believe that giving people a check to spend or save is better than what this Administration has done with their Stimulus. I believe that average American Citizens know how to spend the money better than our Government does. So i'm going with the Bush Stimulus. Hey just my take anyway.

It is still redistribution of wealth....although, there was no wealth to distribute under Bush anymore than there was under Obama. We were spending our great gandchildren's tax dollars under Bush too. Bush's stimulus was money borrowed from China. guess what those gubmint checks bought for the most part........things made in China.

Yea i hear ya kwc. Personally i do not support "Stimulus Packages" in any way. I was just asking a question. If you're going to do a Stimulus i just feel like i trust average American Citizens to spend the money better than our Government does. Just send the people their checks and let them decide how best to handle the money. I think Bush was onto something there. I just haven't run into anyone who has seen any tangible benefits from this President's Stimulus. I did however run into many who saw real benefit from George Bush's Stimulus. In fact it seems that only corrupt Wall Street Fat Cats have benefited from this President's Stimulus. Wall Street does seem to be doing fine with this Stimulus but i can't say the same for Main Street.

So when it comes down to it: Actually, Obama has set a withdrawal timetable, which Bush wouldn't do, since the atrocity of the invasion and occupation of Iraq:

You're a frcken idiot........Bush negotiated the withdrawal of troops from Iraq before he left office.....your crack pipe needs cleaning.

What you are missing is that 80% of those checks when to personal debt.. They did nothing.. Credit companies got the money.. That is it.. Nobody saved anything and very little was actually put back into the economy buying goods.. So everyone got to pay a bill that month.. So what?? It did nothing for the economy!!

The tax cuts to the rich need to end.. Rich need to pay their fair share in taxes as well.. The arguement they pay the most is stupid!! They make the most so they should pay the most.. If they don't want to pay taxes, they should try living in poverty..

Bush has done nothing or our economy except ruin it!

So when it comes down to it: Actually, Obama has set a withdrawal timetable, which Bush wouldn't do, since the atrocity of the invasion and occupation of Iraq:

You're a frcken idiot........Bush negotiated the withdrawal of troops from Iraq before he left office.....your crack pipe needs cleaning.

Actually you are the idiot.. Bush never made any indication as to when the Iraq or Afghan war might end.. If you remember, which I am sure you don't.. He had just completed his troop surge in Iraq.. I am also curious?? As commander and chief?? Who exactly would Bush negotiate with?? Wouldn't he order it??

Put up or Shut up!!

Thanks all for your opinions so far. I'm still going with Bush's Stimulus. Send the people a check and allow them to spend or save it. I really do trust the people more than our Government as far as spending our tax dollars goes.

When you hear a birther-handjob say,
"Obama is killing the economy..."
stocks-I-50-nov-09.jpg

say, "Go fuck yourself!" and show them this. Going from 104 to 141 is no small feat and remember, the numbers went DOWN under Bush

Thanks all for your opinions so far. I'm still going with Bush's Stimulus. Send the people a check and allow them to spend or save it. I really do trust the people more than our Government as far as spending our tax dollars goes.

Any idea how much it cost to print those checks and send them out? The better thing to have done would have been to decrease taxes or give a tax holiday to put the money in people's hands thru their paycheck. Bush was passing redistributing wealth by taking my tax dollars and giving checks to people who make so little that they don't pay taxes.

Yes the whole idea of "Stimulus Packages" is a Lose/Lose in the end. I wont argue with ya on that. I'm just talking about which Stimulus showed tangible results. I haven't talked to anyone who has seen any tangible benefits from this President's Stimulus. I found that many did feel that they saw tangible results from Bush's Stimulus. Just my experience anyway.

When you hear a birther-handjob say,
"Obama is killing the economy..."
stocks-dow-1109.jpg
say, "Go fuck yourself!" and show them this.
Going from 8,292 to 10,437 is a 25% increase and remember,
the numbers went DOWN under Bush.

Personally i don't support "Stimulus Packages" but if i had to choose which one i preferred,it would have to be George Bush's. Many Americans received Stimulus checks from George Bush which allowed them to make their own decisions on how they wanted to use the money. I felt like this was good because i really believe average Americans can spend the money better than our Government can. I just haven't seen any tangible benefit from this current President's massive Stimulus spending. How bout you? I really would be interested in hearing what others think. Thanks.

Ditto.

Forum List

Back