Poll: Percent of Christians drop, those identifying as "none" soars

I don't define any of the gawds as anything more than inventions of humans. It is the obligation of those claiming the existence of these supernatural entities to demonstrate their existence.
You need me to demonstrate the fabric of the universe in which you live? Odd request. That you replied to my post is my proof. Next.
I accept the existence of the universe. What does something you call the fabric of the universe have to do with any gawds?
What part of me defining god as the fabric of the universe did you find confusing? The fabric of the universe is space and time.
I agree that space and time, natural phenonenon, describe the universe. God (Amun Ra), may be the true gawd who set space and time into existence but there's no evidence of that.

The combination of the sun god The "cackling one" who morphed into different animals...even had a frog head? Id call that a gawd...but not God.
Can you make a defendable case for your gawds being rationally founded where Amun Ra is not?

You need me to demonstrate the fabric of the universe in which you live? Odd request. That you replied to my post is my proof. Next.
I accept the existence of the universe. What does something you call the fabric of the universe have to do with any gawds?
What part of me defining god as the fabric of the universe did you find confusing? The fabric of the universe is space and time.
I agree that space and time, natural phenonenon, describe the universe. God (Amun Ra), may be the true gawd who set space and time into existence but there's no evidence of that.

The combination of the sun god The "cackling one" who morphed into different animals...even had a frog head? Id call that a gawd...but not God.
Can you make a defendable case for your gawds being rationally founded where Amun Ra is not?
could one simply make a choice to believe in one, but not the other?.....

I'm under no obligation to provide evidence of non-existence of the supernatural. That's silly.

If you have evidence for one or more supernatural gawds, or the Loch Ness monster, or the Easter Bunny, present your evidence. The above entities may exist as a part of your beliefs, but no one else is under any obligation to accept your beliefs absent your presenting evidence for your beliefs.

As it has been explained to you, others can come to rational conclusions about the non-existence of supernatural entities you have no evidence for.

The difference between us is that I am not claiming anything, other than you lack any basis for a rational conclusion. You are the one making the claim, so you have the obligation to support your claim. As I said, we both know you can't do that. So your conclusion is not rational.
Of course you're claiming something. Do you typically argue for the positive attributes of having no position?

My position is that supernaturalism remains demonstrated. The very suggestion that something is supernatural is both unreasoned and beyond the bounds of rationality. Therefore, it is rational to conclude that such extraordinary claims are unreasonable.

Your belief is apparently that proof for non-existence of non-existence is the burden of one who doesn't share your beliefs. Well sorry, but it's not up to me to prove the non-existence of every supernatural entity you believe may exist because there is not conclusive evidence for its non-existence.

Your position is certainly more than that, as you have shown repeatedly in the past. Your position is that gods do not exist. That is a belief and nothing more than a belief.
There isnt any evidence something created us let alone cares and wants to live with you in heaven forever after you die if you pass the test.

We dont know if something created all we see or if its a god or just another living thing. Who created it? Must be god. I dont know. 3rd base.

But you arent just talking about a creator. You claim a god that visits and cares. No evidence to support that.

There is no evidence at all. And it is not true that I claim a god that visits and cares. If you want to have a conversation with me, have it with me. Not some voice in your head. Right now I am getting a little tired of being constantly misquoted by people who claim to be rational.
Explain what you believe then. Clarify.

The difference between us is that I am not claiming anything, other than you lack any basis for a rational conclusion. You are the one making the claim, so you have the obligation to support your claim. As I said, we both know you can't do that. So your conclusion is not rational.
Of course you're claiming something. Do you typically argue for the positive attributes of having no position?

My position is that supernaturalism remains demonstrated. The very suggestion that something is supernatural is both unreasoned and beyond the bounds of rationality. Therefore, it is rational to conclude that such extraordinary claims are unreasonable.

Your belief is apparently that proof for non-existence of non-existence is the burden of one who doesn't share your beliefs. Well sorry, but it's not up to me to prove the non-existence of every supernatural entity you believe may exist because there is not conclusive evidence for its non-existence.

Your position is certainly more than that, as you have shown repeatedly in the past. Your position is that gods do not exist. That is a belief and nothing more than a belief.
There isnt any evidence something created us let alone cares and wants to live with you in heaven forever after you die if you pass the test.

We dont know if something created all we see or if its a god or just another living thing. Who created it? Must be god. I dont know. 3rd base.

But you arent just talking about a creator. You claim a god that visits and cares. No evidence to support that.

There is no evidence at all. And it is not true that I claim a god that visits and cares. If you want to have a conversation with me, have it with me. Not some voice in your head. Right now I am getting a little tired of being constantly misquoted by people who claim to be rational.

What I believe is irrelevant. I will concede my personal beliefs are irrational. Will you do the same?

You can choose to believe whatever you want. It isnt like you guys are OK with being neutral on this. You want us atheists to stay silent because a lot of people would stop believing if they knew the facts, werent afraid of hell or what people will think about them or werent worried about getting killed by a god but and we know what you christians would say. I shouldn't have been so offensive. Basically keep our mouths shut on your racket.

Sorry we lump you in with the rest of the mixed bag of nuts. Not 2 nuts are exactly the same. Bunch of cherry pickers.

What I believe is irrelevant. I will concede my personal beliefs are irrational. Will you do the same?
I'm trying hard to see it your way. I guess if you mean "how can I believe all this happened by itself? OK that does blow my mind. But I understand that. It blows everyones mind. Has for thousands of years. So I understand all the motivations people have for believing. So many please dont make me list them. I just thought of 5 tangents I could have gone on.

So you remind me of a lot of my friends who understand all organized religion are poop but you continue to believe in god.

I hate it because it may make you feel better and I would never want to ruin my brother or his kids faith but deep down I think it is a dumb thing to believe and that can't be good for people. It just can't. I could go off on why but I've told you all the reasons before.

I love finding athiests but I dont typically preach to theists on the street. This is my pulpit. Lol

And perhaps I dont want to start a war before my numbers are bigger. I can be patient. I dont see modern americans falling backward on this.

But then again Scientology just opened up a big church in Detroit. They are all over the country.

You can choose to believe whatever you want. It isnt like you guys are OK with being neutral on this. You want us atheists to stay silent because a lot of people would stop believing if they knew the facts, werent afraid of hell or what people will think about them or werent worried about getting killed by a god but and we know what you christians would say. I shouldn't have been so offensive. Basically keep our mouths shut on your racket.
????.....I only want you silent because I'm tired of all the whiney law suits....."omigorsh, I saw somebody praying at a football game"....."omigorsh, there's a cross at the cemetery"......"omigorsh, my dime has the word God on it"........

I'm trying hard to see it your way. I guess if you mean "how can I believe all this happened by itself? OK that does blow my mind. But I understand that. It blows everyones mind. Has for thousands of years. So I understand all the motivations people have for believing. So many please dont make me list them. I just thought of 5 tangents I could have gone on.

So you remind me of a lot of my friends who understand all organized religion are poop but you continue to believe in god.

I hate it because it may make you feel better and I would never want to ruin my brother or his kids faith but deep down I think it is a dumb thing to believe and that can't be good for people. It just can't. I could go off on why but I've told you all the reasons before.

I love finding athiests but I dont typically preach to theists on the street. This is my pulpit. Lol

No, that isn't what I mean at all. I don't care what you believe. You are as entitled to your blind guess as anyone else. I'm not questioning it or disputing it. I'm not saying it is wrong nor am I asking you to justify it. You don't have to justify it. I am not interested in an argument between people who have not the foggiest idea of what they are talking about, which is what we would have if you and I argued beliefs.

What I am saying, and all I am saying, is that your position is a belief. No different than any other belief. It is not superior or inferior to any other belief because it is based upon precisely the same information - none at all. You can't have a rational conclusion on the subject because you have no evidence upon which to base such a conclusion. No one can. The only rational conclusion which can be reached with the available information is "we don't know". Any other conclusion, including saying one answer is more likely than another answer, is nothing but belief and therefore irrational.

Mind you, human beings are irrational. There is nothing wrong with being irrational. But at least recognize it for what it is.

And perhaps I dont want to start a war before my numbers are bigger. I can be patient.
interesting.....how many atheists do you need before you declare war on us?......
51%% lol
so we DO have a reason to supress your numbers.....

Not an issue. The vast majority of Atheists don't care enough to even bother discussing religion, let alone go to war over it.

No, that isn't what I mean at all. I don't care what you believe. You are as entitled to your blind guess as anyone else. I'm not questioning it or disputing it. I'm not saying it is wrong nor am I asking you to justify it. You don't have to justify it. I am not interested in an argument between people who have not the foggiest idea of what they are talking about, which is what we would have if you and I argued beliefs.

What I am saying, and all I am saying, is that your position is a belief. No different than any other belief. It is not superior or inferior to any other belief because it is based upon precisely the same information - none at all. You can't have a rational conclusion on the subject because you have no evidence upon which to base such a conclusion. No one can. The only rational conclusion which can be reached with the available information is "we don't know". Any other conclusion, including saying one answer is more likely than another answer, is nothing but belief and therefore irrational.

Mind you, human beings are irrational. There is nothing wrong with being irrational. But at least recognize it for what it is.
Your belief that such entities as Nessie, Invisible Pink Unicorns, Leprechauns, etc., are likely true as not is fine. However, in the rational world, we are able to reach rational conclusions about the "we don't know" mentality. It actually is possible to make rational assessments and to draw rational conclusions about those who suggest a nature gone awry, supernatural phenomenon and absurdities of nature that can't be defended.

OK but the evidence, scientific at least, suggests there is no creator, the universe is eternal and we are probably just one species on one rock in the cosmos. Anything else is wild speculation. Are you speculating?

OK but the evidence, scientific at least, suggests there is no creator, the universe is eternal and we are probably just one species on one rock in the cosmos. Anything else is wild speculation. Are you speculating?

No, there is not. There is no evidence which suggests anything at all regarding a creator. Not one iota. And of course I speculate, just as you are doing. However, I recognize that I am speculating and don't pretend it is more than that. Do you?

And perhaps I dont want to start a war before my numbers are bigger. I can be patient.
interesting.....how many atheists do you need before you declare war on us?......
51%% lol

Sorry we lump you in with the rest of the mixed bag of nuts. Not 2 nuts are exactly the same. Bunch of cherry pickers.

:blahblah:you are still at it? lol
Did you gather your 51% yet :tank:

Your belief that such entities as Nessie, Invisible Pink Unicorns, Leprechauns, etc., are likely true as not is fine. However, in the rational world, we are able to reach rational conclusions about the "we don't know" mentality. It actually is possible to make rational assessments and to draw rational conclusions about those who suggest a nature gone awry, supernatural phenomenon and absurdities of nature that can't be defended.
>>>>>>>>>>>
The only time my/our alleged irrational beliefs should be called out is if "we" are treating others unfairly. I dont mean watering down or changing scripture like some of you want, Im talking about times when Christians really are being unfair and close minded. Otherwise...I dont see why you would need to convince anyone to come to "your" conclusions.
What you are describing isn't the diversity/equality you ( not you specifically) supposedly stand for.

>>>>>>>>>>>
The only time my/our alleged irrational beliefs should be called out is if "we" are treating others unfairly. I dont mean watering down or changing scripture like some of you want, Im talking about times when Christians really are being unfair and close minded. Otherwise...I dont see why you would need to convince anyone to come to "your" conclusions.
What you are describing isn't the diversity/equality you ( not you specifically) supposedly stand for.
We think the delusion is bad for society. Holding us back.

>>>>>>>>>>>
Stop banning stem cell picking on gays or insisting this is a christian nation.

Forum List

Back