Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
If it's to expire for some, it should expire for all. This class warfare bs is utterly insane.

But please, please stop wasting our money on crap.

I don't mind paying taxes as long as my money isn't being wasted on crap that has not, does not and will not work.

Time for a flat tax?

250,000 per household is about 5 times the median income in CA. And triple the median income in Sunnyvale, CA. I would consider that the elite. I'm sure they certainly consider themselves as such. Not what I would consider a middle-class community.

Looks like the median home price in Sunnyvale is about $500k.
Sunnyvale Home Prices and Heat Map - Trulia.com
Median income of Sunnyvale is $82,000..
So why are libs hung up on $250k? Because that is what you were told by Obama and Biden. They told you what to think.
Well, heck. Let's make it so that non one can have assets exceed $250,000. That includes a home and all their investments and income as well as cash and collectibles. After all, according to you libs, they don't "need" it.
You people are a miracle. In some cities such as NYC, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, $250k( less the government admission charge of 35%) per year is not wealthy. It's getting by.

its not exactly the middle class either. someone making over $250k annually doesn't have problems of putting food on the table and paying their rent or mortgage. plus anyone making over $250k still get the tax cut on the first $250k of their income.

now we could raise the limit to say $500,000 a year, but repubs still maintain that they want to keep the tax cuts for all, so the talking point doesnt hold any weight right now either.

this will only affect 1 in 50 households. approx 1.5-2% of all household.

FactCheck.org: What percentage of the U.S. population makes more than $250,000 per year?
Affluence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No they do not. Income is taxed at ONE rate. If one earns a certain amount in a year, all of those earnings are taxed at the rate commensurate with the size of the paycheck.
For example. My wife is paid a performance bonus at the end of each fiscal year.
That bonusis a lump sum payment. Because of the way the IRS calculates earnings, that money is taxed at the higher rate bwecause it is treated as a regular check. So where as her bi weekly salary falls in the 28% bracket, the bonus is treated as a regular check and as such is taxed at the 35% rate.
Same as though she had received a promotion and a substantial bump in pay. Her gross wages would IMMEDIATELY be taxed in the higher bracket. There is no graduated rate.
For instance. Let's say a person making $10 a week is taxed at 15%. The next higher bracket is $20 per week. So, let's say the $10 per week earner is given a promotion. His/her salary is now $20 per week. Now he/she will be taxed at the higher bracket for the remainder of that year. The higher rate DOES NOT kick only after the worker has earned a certain amount. The new rate kicks in immediately.
Same as overtime pay. That is also taxed at a higher rate IF the amount earned places the worker in a higher bracket.
Where you people get your information from is a mystery.
Now, Ii would like to to answer this question. What would raising taxes on high earners do for ANYONE?
Really? How and why would your life get any better is someone earning over $250k is taxed at a higher rate?
Are you people so glued to government that you'd rather see money go to the public sector or where it belongs in the private sector?
Who is a better steward of finances, the government or the people that earn the money?

Looks like the median home price in Sunnyvale is about $500k.
Sunnyvale Home Prices and Heat Map - Trulia.com
Median income of Sunnyvale is $82,000..
So why are libs hung up on $250k? Because that is what you were told by Obama and Biden. They told you what to think.
Well, heck. Let's make it so that non one can have assets exceed $250,000. That includes a home and all their investments and income as well as cash and collectibles. After all, according to you libs, they don't "need" it.
You people are a miracle. In some cities such as NYC, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, $250k( less the government admission charge of 35%) per year is not wealthy. It's getting by.

its not exactly the middle class either. someone making over $250k annually doesn't have problems of putting food on the table and paying their rent or mortgage. plus anyone making over $250k still get the tax cut on the first $250k of their income.

now we could raise the limit to say $500,000 a year, but repubs still maintain that they want to keep the tax cuts for all, so the talking point doesnt hold any weight right now either.

FactCheck.org: What percentage of the U.S. population makes more than $250,000 per year?

No they do not. Income is taxed at ONE rate. If one earns a certain amount in a year, all of those earnings are taxed at the rate commensurate with the size of the paycheck.
For example. My wife is paid a performance bonus at the end of each fiscal year.
That bonusis a lump sum payment. Because of the way the IRS calculates earnings, that money is taxed at the higher rate bwecause it is treated as a regular check. So where as her bi weekly salary falls in the 28% bracket, the bonus is treated as a regular check and as such is taxed at the 35% rate.
Same as though she had received a promotion and a substantial bump in pay. Her gross wages would IMMEDIATELY be taxed in the higher bracket. There is no graduated rate.
For instance. Let's say a person making $10 a week is taxed at 15%. The next higher bracket is $20 per week. So, let's say the $10 per week earner is given a promotion. His/her salary is now $20 per week. Now he/she will be taxed at the higher bracket for the remainder of that year. The higher rate DOES NOT kick only after the worker has earned a certain amount. The new rate kicks in immediately.
Same as overtime pay. That is also taxed at a higher rate IF the amount earned places the worker in a higher bracket.
Now, Ii would like to to answer this question. What would raising taxes on high earners do for ANYONE?
Really? How and why would your life get any better is someone earning over $250k is taxed at a higher rate?
Are you people so glued to government that you'd rather see money go to the public sector or where it belongs in the private sector?
Who is a better steward of finances, the government or the people that earn the money?

You don't understand how the tax system works.

In your example if the next higher bracket is $20 a week that person is taxed at a 15% rate on all income up until $20. Income over that $20 is taxed at the next highest rate. The higher rate doesn't kick in for every dollar earned just those over $20.

Let's pretend that that rate is 20% and the person earns $30 a week.

The first $20 is taxed at 15% or 20 * 0.15 = $3
The next $30 is taxed at 20% or 10 * 0.2 = $2
Total taxes paid on $30 in income = $5

Now please stop spreading such misinformation.

Last edited:
We never paid for either war of this decade, nor are we paying for Medicare part D, the prescription drug bill, so,

question is to all of you who want no tax increases of any kind, no expiration of tax cuts,

how do YOU pay for just those 3, past, present, and future?
Why is it you lefties are never concerned about how a tax INCREASE will be paid for?
How is it that the government has a budget and yet the government considers the people to have an unlimited supply of money?
can you explain the difference?

The cost of the wars is an irrefutable fact. They are America's first wars that were not paid for with taxes.

Why do you suppose that is?

The poll choices are inadequate.

The correct response is to make all of the tax cuts permanent. Most small businesses are not going to increase payroll just to be walloped in the back of the head with a huge tax increase in 2013.

The correct response is to make the wealthy pay taxes for the people whose jobs they moved overseas. They moved 14,000 factories and built or expanded thousands more, jobs that used to be here in the US.

Making tax cuts permanent would make the US go bankrupt, not the answer, not even close. I can't believe the whining by the GOP and the wealthy for a few percent increase in taxes. Maybe they should picture a failed US economy and a real depression when the economy crashes permanently.

STOP WHINING. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, you greedy fucks.

The above is a classic Pea Green With Envy Class Warfare Rant.

It's also incredibly ignorant. In major metro areas, a couple making a combined income of $250,000 can be a nurse married to a marketing director living in a 3 bedroom 2 bath tract home in Sunnyvale. Hardly the Wealthy Elite.

And you want to tax any extra bit of income they make at a marginal rate of over 50% (including state taxes).

The couple making 250,000 taxable is not in the top bracket.

In your example if the next higher bracket is $20 a week that person is taxed at a 15% rate on all income up until $20. Income over that $20 is taxed at the next highest rate. The higher rate doesn't kick in for every dollar earned just those over $20.

Bullshit!
You are the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.
Explain then how the hell it is when I got my bonus, it is taxed at a higher rate?
Why is it that when OT is paid, it is taxed at a higher rate?
Explain why when one who is eligible for a weekly draw or a lump sum for saved up sick time, they take the weekly draw? I know. Do you?
You are with the rest of them. An agenda of greed. The greed and envy for the accomplishments of others. You are despised by every person who has achieved and succeeded in making their lives better for themselves and their families.
I am sick of you greedy sons of bitches who think you are owed something. Screw you. Go make your own mark. Stop looking to government to accomplish your money grabs for you.
Keep your filthy paws out of my business.

Here ya go smartass..Next time you post, make sure you know what the fuck it is you're talking about.
Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single
15% Bracket $0 – $70,040 $0 – $35,020
28% Bracket $70,040 – $141,419 $35,020 – $84,872
31% Bracket $141,419 – $215,528 $84,872 – $177,006
36% Bracket $215,528 – $384,860 $177,006 – $384,860
39.6% Bracket Over $384,860 Over $384,860
http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2010/02/15/2011-federal-income-tax-brackets-irs-income-tax-rates/

These are tax rates beginning 1/1/2011 should the democrats do the WRONG thing and raise taxes.

I searched the IRS website and there is nothing that agrees with your assertion of a graduated tax rate.

Last edited:
Either $1 mil and below extend or at the very least $750K and below tax cuts extended! They keep saying millionaires well maybe they should mean what they say for once!

Bullshit!
Explain then how the hell it is when I got my bonus, it is taxed at a higher rate?
Explain why when one who is eligible for a weekly draw or a lump sum for saved up sick time, they take the weekly draw? I know. Do you?
You are with the rest of them. An agenda of greed. The greed and envy for the accomplishments of others. You are despised by every person who has achieved and succeeded in making their lives better for themselves and their families.
I am sick of you greedy sons of bitches who think you are owed something. Screw you. Go make your own mark. Stop looking to government to accomplish your money grabs for you.

Here ya go smartass..Next time you post, make sure you know what the fuck it is you're talking about.
» 2011 Federal Income Tax Brackets (IRS Tax Rates)

These are tax rates beginning 1/1/2011 should the democrats do the WRONG thing and raise taxes.

I searched the IRS website and there is nothing that agrees with your assertion of a graduated tax rate.

Then you are a retard because the evidence is in your own post.

^------Do you know what this means?

The correct response is to make the wealthy pay taxes for the people whose jobs they moved overseas. They moved 14,000 factories and built or expanded thousands more, jobs that used to be here in the US.

Making tax cuts permanent would make the US go bankrupt, not the answer, not even close. I can't believe the whining by the GOP and the wealthy for a few percent increase in taxes. Maybe they should picture a failed US economy and a real depression when the economy crashes permanently.

STOP WHINING. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, you greedy fucks.

The above is a classic Pea Green With Envy Class Warfare Rant.

It's also incredibly ignorant. In major metro areas, a couple making a combined income of $250,000 can be a nurse married to a marketing director living in a 3 bedroom 2 bath tract home in Sunnyvale. Hardly the Wealthy Elite.

And you want to tax any extra bit of income they make at a marginal rate of over 50% (including state taxes).

The couple making 250,000 taxable is not in the top bracket.
Yeah and that a kick in the balls of class envy.

Bullshit!

asslick,.The tax is deducted with EVERY PAYCHECK..at the percentage of the expected total yearly income.
A $1000 weekly paycheck has deducted from it the tax as though the worker is earning $52,000 per year. Dummy.
You show me where the IRS Tax Code graduates rates.
Let me make sure I have this correct. 28% bracket Filing single... You say on the first $35,019 is taxed at 15% then each dollar up to $84,872 is taxed at 28%?
Now, you go ahead and show factual data the truth of this.
Good luck. Cuz you won't.

Bullshit!

asslick,.The tax is deducted with EVERY PAYCHECK..at the percentage of the expected total yearly income.
A $1000 weekly paycheck has deducted from it the tax as though the worker is earning $52,000 per year. Dummy.
Let me make sure I have this correct. 28% bracket Filing single... You say on the first $35,019 is taxed at 15% then each dollar up to $84,872 is taxed at 28%?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMFG

So you really don't know!

Here google is your friend.

And one more.

Try squinting when you read about it and just maybe a light will go off.

OMFG

And one more.

Where's the Tylenol...A person for example in the 28% bracket STILL ends up paying 28% of their income.
28% of the amount is 28% of the amount.
What's this got to do with the price of curry powder in Mumbai?
The fact is the greedy politicians on the left side of the aisle think they along with those sucking at the taxpayer tit are entitled to as much as they want.
And at what cost? Job loss. Less investment capital. Less for consumer spending.
It has been well established that the federal government is a very poor steward of the people's money.
why you people want to give the DC Bombers more is a mystery.
You certainly won't be getting any of it. So what is your ACTUAL interest in high taxes. Tell the truth.

OMFG

And one more.

Holy shit Art, another one!

How many of you dimwits are out there?

EVERYONE'S subject to the same tax table, whether you make a dollar a year or a billion! The lower brackets are taxed at their respective rates! The withholdings from your employer are only an estimate. If you owe less or more, it's reconciled at the end of the year via a tax bill or return.

C'mon, really spoon? Did you believe that the moment you earn a dollar over any bracket, your entire income is taxed at that bracket? Is that what you thought?

Forum List

Back