Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
There's no way to tax your way out of gross overspending.

The spending is and will remain the problem.

I understand that which is why I advocate increasing taxes and cutting spending.
Taxes are already at insanely high levels....The federal rates are only a fraction of the story.

The problem remains spending.
Ridiculous. They were higher under Clinton, and the rich still got richer.

Taxes are already at insanely high levels....The federal rates are only a fraction of the story.

I disagree that taxes are at insanely high levels but I agree that the main problem is spending. When the spending results in $13 trillion in debt and a $1.3 trillion deficit then the solution has to be a combo of tax increases and spending cuts. Time to pay the piper.

Why didn't Obama "pay the piper" for two years?
With WHAT? Did you want him to borrow more from China?

You are clearly trolling.

Why didn't Obama "pay the piper" for two years?
I know!! Because lax oversite on Wall Street (thanks Sen. Phil Gramm (R) Texas, Chairman of the Senate banking Committee!) allowed them to bundle mortgages into derivatives, make huge profits and collapse the world economy. In order to prime the pump, Obama had to act as the customer of last resort and move capital through the economy.

Who told banks to make loans to borrowers who could not repay?
Why didn't Bush/Cheney hold them accountable for their bad business decisions, then?

Why be "bi-partisan" with with a party whose ideas got their asses kicked?

Partisan? Damn straight.

We won.

laugh3.gif

The poll choices are inadequate.

The correct response is to make all of the tax cuts permanent. Most small businesses are not going to increase payroll just to be walloped in the back of the head with a huge tax increase in 2013.

I understand that which is why I advocate increasing taxes and cutting spending.

Ridiculous. They were higher under Clinton, and the rich still got richer.

In spite of the taxation.. .they did not get rich because of the higher taxation

The problem DOES remain to be spending... ridiculous amounts of government spending

The correct response is to make all of the tax cuts permanent. Most small businesses are not going to increase payroll just to be walloped in the back of the head with a huge tax increase in 2013.

The correct response is to make the wealthy pay taxes for the people whose jobs they moved overseas. They moved 14,000 factories and built or expanded thousands more, jobs that used to be here in the US.

Making tax cuts permanent would make the US go bankrupt, not the answer, not even close. I can't believe the whining by the GOP and the wealthy for a few percent increase in taxes. Maybe they should picture a failed US economy and a real depression when the economy crashes permanently.

STOP WHINING. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, you greedy fucks.

bingo I say 4 years minimum.

The correct response is to make the wealthy pay taxes for the people whose jobs they moved overseas. They moved 14,000 factories and built or expanded thousands more, jobs that used to be here in the US.

Making tax cuts permanent would make the US go bankrupt, not the answer, not even close. I can't believe the whining by the GOP and the wealthy for a few percent increase in taxes. Maybe they should picture a failed US economy and a real depression when the economy crashes permanently.

The above is a classic Pea Green With Envy Class Warfare Rant.

It's also incredibly ignorant. In major metro areas, a couple making a combined income of $250,000 can be a nurse married to a marketing director living in a 3 bedroom 2 bath tract home in Sunnyvale. Hardly the Wealthy Elite.

And you want to tax any extra bit of income they make at a marginal rate of over 50% (including state taxes).

Last edited:
Until the morons in congress learn how to control spending someone needs to pay for their stupidity, namely the ones with jobs/money. You can't keep borrowing, or the entire system collapses. Cutting taxes and borrowing from China and paying interest on that borrowed money isn't class-envy, or class-warfare, its called being fiscally responsible.
Stop whining. If/when the debt comes down the tax rates can come down.

Businesses rich enough to be affected by the top rate will start hiring when they need more employees to meet demand,

and plus or minus 3 percentage points on the top fraction of their net income isn't going to affect that one way or another.

Use your head. If you had the opportunity to make an extra, say, ten grand profit in your business, would you pass it up because you had to pay 3900 in taxes instead of 3600?

No, you wouldn't, nor would anyone with a brain. So stop pretending otherwise.

It's also incredibly ignorant. In major metro areas, a couple making a combined income of $250,000 can be a nurse married to a marketing director living in a 3 bedroom 2 bath tract home in Sunnyvale. Hardly the Wealthy Elite.

And you want to tax any extra bit of income they make at a marginal rate of over 50% (including state taxes).

250,000 per household is about 5 times the median income in CA. And triple the median income in Sunnyvale, CA. I would consider that the elite. I'm sure they certainly consider themselves as such. Not what I would consider a middle-class community.

We never paid for either war of this decade, nor are we paying for Medicare part D, the prescription drug bill, so,

question is to all of you who want no tax increases of any kind, no expiration of tax cuts,

how do YOU pay for just those 3, past, present, and future?
Why is it you lefties are never concerned about how a tax INCREASE will be paid for?
How is it that the government has a budget and yet the government considers the people to have an unlimited supply of money?
can you explain the difference?

250,000 per household is about 5 times the median income in CA. And triple the median income in Sunnyvale, CA. I would consider that the elite. I'm sure they certainly consider themselves as such. Not what I would consider a middle-class community.

Looks like the median home price in Sunnyvale is about $500k.
Sunnyvale Home Prices and Heat Map - Trulia.com
Median income of Sunnyvale is $82,000..
So why are libs hung up on $250k? Because that is what you were told by Obama and Biden. They told you what to think.
Well, heck. Let's make it so that non one can have assets exceed $250,000. That includes a home and all their investments and income as well as cash and collectibles. After all, according to you libs, they don't "need" it.
You people are a miracle. In some cities such as NYC, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, $250k( less the government admission charge of 35%) per year is not wealthy. It's getting by.

Looks like the median home price in Sunnyvale is about $500k.
Sunnyvale Home Prices and Heat Map - Trulia.com
Median income of Sunnyvale is $82,000..
So why are libs hung up on $250k? Because that is what you were told by Obama and Biden. They told you what to think.
Well, heck. Let's make it so that non one can have assets exceed $250,000. That includes a home and all their investments and income as well as cash and collectibles. After all, according to you libs, they don't "need" it.
You people are a miracle. In some cities such as NYC, Washington, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu, $250k( less the government admission charge of 35%) per year is not wealthy. It's getting by.

its not exactly the middle class either. someone making over $250k annually doesn't have problems of putting food on the table and paying their rent or mortgage. plus anyone making over $250k still get the tax cut on the first $250k of their income.

now we could raise the limit to say $500,000 a year, but repubs still maintain that they want to keep the tax cuts for all, so the talking point doesnt hold any weight right now either.

this will only affect 1 in 50 households. approx 1.5-2% of all household.

FactCheck.org: What percentage of the U.S. population makes more than $250,000 per year?
Affluence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back