Poll: Don’t Extend Bush Cuts for Wealthy

An income of 250K a year does not make one wealthy.

If you believe that, then you don't have a fucking clue how to manage money.

To be in the top 5% of U.S. earners in 2009, you needed to earn $154,643 per year.

The top 1% earned over $343,927 a year.

So where does $250,000 fall? Top 2.5%?

Top 1 Percent: How Much Do They Earn? | Bankrate.com

I don't just believe sweetheart I know it.

We had an AGI of 278,000 last year but it wasn't really 278,000 because we invested nearly 100K into our business as capital improvements. Now the fucking government says I can't write off the entire 100K but can only write off less than one tenth of that.So I made 287K but I never saw nearly 100K of that money. But according to idiots like Bam Bam, the fucking morons on capital hill and you I am some kind of robber baron.

So until you get a fucking clue don't tell me I can't manage my money. I guarantee you I know more than you about running a business and money management.

You can't write off the entire capital expense in one year. You have to depreciate and amortize the expense over the course of more than a few years. Is that what is happening? Without knowing your situation, you will most certainly be able to write off far more than less than one tenth.

So if a married father of 3 living in New York, New York makes $250,000 you would consider him wealthy?

Answer yes or no please

If your answer is yes, be prepared for me to provide a basic run down of what a married father of 3 making $250,000 in New York pays in order to live a standard middle class way of life. Just fair warning.

If you're making 250K a year and you're not able to use that money to create wealth, then you aren't managing your money very well. If living in New York city is sucking up all your money, then you aren't prioritizing your goals. Obviously you'd rather live in NY than live somewhere cheaper and create wealth.

Besides, you're living a much better life in NY on 250K a year than the other 98% of married fathers of three are living off of in NY city.

Again, Left wing Ignorance. Many times the only way you can make that much, IS TO live somewhere like NYC.

Fucking fool.

I don't care where you live, if you are raising even a couple kids and make 250,000 a Year. You are not Rich, You are Middle Class. Yes if you manage your money right you should end up well off some day, but then only if Obama lets you fucking keep enough of it.

The problem is Obama think you are rich just because you make that much. He did not say you are only rich if you make that much and manage to save up your money lol. He wants to raise taxes on anyone who makes that much or more. regardless of Situation, Savings, or any other Factor. And he wants to Call them Millionaires to demonize them.

Never heard of Hoboken?

You're the fucking fool.

If you believe that, then you don't have a fucking clue how to manage money.

To be in the top 5% of U.S. earners in 2009, you needed to earn $154,643 per year.

The top 1% earned over $343,927 a year.

So where does $250,000 fall? Top 2.5%?

Top 1 Percent: How Much Do They Earn? | Bankrate.com

We had an AGI of 278,000 last year but it wasn't really 278,000 because we invested nearly 100K into our business as capital improvements. Now the fucking government says I can't write off the entire 100K but can only write off less than one tenth of that.So I made 287K but I never saw nearly 100K of that money. But according to idiots like Bam Bam, the fucking morons on capital hill and you I am some kind of robber baron.

So until you get a fucking clue don't tell me I can't manage my money. I guarantee you I know more than you about running a business and money management.

You can't write off the entire capital expense in one year. You have to depreciate and amortize the expense over the course of more than a few years. Is that what is happening? Without knowing your situation, you will most certainly be able to write off far more than less than one tenth.

NO shit Sherlock. Isn't that exactly what I said.
You missed the point entirely. My income according to the IRS was 278K. In reality it was about 180K.

So you see picking an arbitrary number like 250K as the demarcation of wealthy is moronic.

Last edited:
If you're making 250K a year and you're not able to use that money to create wealth, then you aren't managing your money very well. If living in New York city is sucking up all your money, then you aren't prioritizing your goals. Obviously you'd rather live in NY than live somewhere cheaper and create wealth.

Besides, you're living a much better life in NY on 250K a year than the other 98% of married fathers of three are living off of in NY city.

Again, Left wing Ignorance. Many times the only way you can make that much, IS TO live somewhere like NYC.

Fucking fool.

I don't care where you live, if you are raising even a couple kids and make 250,000 a Year. You are not Rich, You are Middle Class. Yes if you manage your money right you should end up well off some day, but then only if Obama lets you fucking keep enough of it.

The problem is Obama think you are rich just because you make that much. He did not say you are only rich if you make that much and manage to save up your money lol. He wants to raise taxes on anyone who makes that much or more. regardless of Situation, Savings, or any other Factor. And he wants to Call them Millionaires to demonize them.

Never heard of Hoboken?

You're the fucking fool.

Ah, yes Commuting in NYC is so much Fun.

Again you are an Idiot dude. You look at anyone making more than you and want them to give it to you.

You missed the point entirely. My income according to the IRS was 278K. In reality it was about 180K.

So you see picking an arbitrary number like 250K as the demarcation of wealthy is moronic.

If you believe the government is only letting you deduct less than one tenth of your 100K captial investment without explaining the circumstances, then I have no choice but to believe that you A) need to fire your accountant and/or B) you don't have a fucking clue how to manage money.

What do you think? That people can read minds?

Fucking fool.

Never heard of Hoboken?

You're the fucking fool.

Ah, yes Commuting in NYC is so much Fun.

Again you are an Idiot dude. You look at anyone making more than you and want them to give it to you.

What the fuck does a commute being fun have to do with it? Where does it say in the rule book that in order to create wealth, your commute needs to be fun?

If you earn 250K a year and you aren't able to turn that into wealth, you aren't doing it right.

If you believe the government is only letting you deduct less than one tenth of your 100K captial investment without explaining the circumstances, then I have no choice but to believe that you A) need to fire your accountant and/or B) you don't have a fucking clue how to manage money.

I know what my depreciation schedule is you don't . Depreciation schedules are usually timed for the useful span of the capital improvement or the piece of equipment being depreciated.

As you know or should know before you hand out advice the type of property improvement determines the depreciation schedule which can range anywhere from 3 to 25 years.

So keep your piss poor advice to yourself.

I know what my depreciation schedule is you don't . Depreciation schedules are usually timed for the useful span of the capital improvement or the piece of equipment being depreciated.

As you know or should know before you hand out advice the type of property improvement determines the depreciation schedule which can range anywhere from 3 to 25 years.

I see. So instead of explaining what kind of property improvement you've made in order for us to understand your situation (and perhaps commiserate with you??) you prefer to post things like: Since you don't know, I won't tell you.

How about if you keep your piss poor posts to yourself?

I see. So instead of explaining what kind of property improvement you've made in order for us to understand your situation (and perhaps commiserate with you??) you prefer to post things like: Since you don't know, I won't tell you.

How about if you keep your piss poor posts to yourself?

If I want advice I'll ask for it.

Another losing issue for Romney.

Poll: Don’t Extend Bush Cuts for Wealthy

As President Obama navigates a choppy economy in his reelection bid, he can rely on one comforting fact: Americans continue to strongly embrace his opposition to extending tax breaks for those earning more than $250,000 a year.

A new United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll shows that only 26 percent of the public wants to see all of the tax breaks created during the George W. Bush administration, which are set to expire at year’s end, extended for at least another year. And only 18 percent want the tax breaks across all income levels made permanent, the position taken by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

That little bitch obama has had 3.5 years to make those changes.

He's a coward and a liar for not doing so.

Forum List

Back