Poll: Do you want the Federal governemnt running all healthcare?

Do you want single payer healthcare run by the Federal government?

• No. I'd rather work and pay for my own healthcare

Votes: 56 83.6%
  • Yes. I trust the government to provide world class healthcare to everyone

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
It should not be mandatory, but insurance lobbyists bribed congressmen.

Now insurance companies have government laws backing them, not a good situation.
You people prefer to let the rich get richer and the poor die from lack of proper healthcare benefits.

No, we prefer to have FREEDOM of choice, and not be dictated to for everything by an overbearing, tyrannical government. Something you people have put up with for centuries. Anybody can walk into a U.S. hospital and get healthcare if they need it. If they can't afford to pay they are NOT CHARGED anything,

Nobody is dying in the streets unless they are drug users, crazy, etc.
Choosing universal healthcare for this country is a freedom, and it will come to be: the voters will choose it.

I think our healthcare system needs an overhaul. Obamacare did huge damage to it. However, a government run system is not the answer. Universal healthcare will neither be affordable, nor sustainable in a country of 330 million and growing with ILLEGALS and people that don't pay into it every. We are not Canada, nor the UK. We are different, have different social pressures, and need a different, market based, competitive and efficient solution.
And yet nobody has a good solution.

I do. The solution is call lobbying what it is: Bribery; Make it illegal and punishable by heavy fines, removal from office, and prison time.

The Swiss do.

Healthcare in Switzerland - Wikipedia

Healthcare in Switzerland is universal[3] and is regulated by the Swiss Federal Law on Health Insurance. There are no free state-provided health services, but private health insurance is compulsory for all persons residing in Switzerland (within three months of taking up residence or being born in the country).[4][5][6]

The whole healthcare system is geared toward the general goals of keeping the system competitive across cantonal lines, promoting general public health and reducing costs while encouraging individual responsibility.
The Swiss are very similar to Obamacare. Doesn’t seem to be working.

You people prefer to let the rich get richer and the poor die from lack of proper healthcare benefits.

No, we prefer to have FREEDOM of choice, and not be dictated to for everything by an overbearing, tyrannical government. Something you people have put up with for centuries. Anybody can walk into a U.S. hospital and get healthcare if they need it. If they can't afford to pay they are NOT CHARGED anything,

Choosing universal healthcare for this country is a freedom, and it will come to be: the voters will choose it.

I think our healthcare system needs an overhaul. Obamacare did huge damage to it. However, a government run system is not the answer. Universal healthcare will neither be affordable, nor sustainable in a country of 330 million and growing with ILLEGALS and people that don't pay into it every. We are not Canada, nor the UK. We are different, have different social pressures, and need a different, market based, competitive and efficient solution.

I do. The solution is call lobbying what it is: Bribery; Make it illegal and punishable by heavy fines, removal from office, and prison time.

Lobbying isn't criminal, at least until a quid pro quo exists.

the free market is a good solution,,,
I don’t see markets working in healthcare. The biggest bills are emergency and surgery. People don’t shop pricing while in the ambulance in need of emergency care..

and all that happened after government intervention,,,not before,,,

they are one in the same,,,

the free market is a good solution,,,
I don’t see markets working in healthcare. The biggest bills are emergency and surgery. People don’t shop pricing while in the ambulance in need of emergency care..

and all that happened after government intervention,,,not before,,,
It’s been happening for a long time. Sick people have a weak position to negotiate.

Nobody is denied healthcare in the U.S. If you can not afford to pay you can walk into, or be delivered to any hospital and get healthcare provided to you. <snip>.

You should try to get into an Emergency Room in South Florida.

You can't. It is FILLED to the brim with beaners, none of whom have insurance.

Because they know, they have been instructed and taught, that the E-Room MUST treat them.

Then they take off never to pay a dime of the costs.

So what do the Hospitals and Doctors do?

They cost-shift it onto the those who CAN pay. You. Me.

We need to have a Mandatory Insurance Law in this Country. Just like you are required to have Auto Insurance (which is private)
Wrong.

We have mandatory auto insurance, and we're still all paying an item called "uninsured motorist".

This raises the question: If the the mandatory insurance laws works and everyone is required to have coverage, why is it we still have to pay for uninsured drivers?

It should not be mandatory, but insurance lobbyists bribed congressmen.

Now insurance companies have government laws backing them, not a good situation.

Not exactly true, they will be changed for the services rendered. Whether they pay it or not is a different story.

If they are an American citizen and cannot pay it then it will haunt them on their credit report for much of their life.

Either way, those of us who can pay will pay for those people...one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't believe it is only a choice between 100% gov't run healthcare and 0% gov't healthcare (I think the All-Payer model may be a better option). But if I had to choose one or the other I'll go with gov't. I've seen how healthcare in this country doesn't work, both before and after the ACA, whereas it works in other countries and the VA.

The VA's history of setbacks and missteps

It always does. Derp!

Sure, one which will appeal to you: Soylent Green when someone cannot pay for the health care they need.

Clearly a final solution to health care in America which the callous conservatives will support, at least until they or a love one of their's is on their way to the slaughter house.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire

Just shut the fuck up, bitch

Why do some people get away with a post such as this? It is threatening, vile, vulgar and stupid - does it reflect well for the USMB?

That’s a clear NO
More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.
Stop giving it away for free to people that can work and the price goes down
Lots of people who work don’t get it or it’s really expensive.
Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government

I’m all for it. And in honor of two fine government bloated bureaucracies, Amtrak and the Post Office, we call our new federal healthcare bureaucracy AmPost, and then run a national contest to guess the time/date it first runs a billion dollar loss and some lucky stiff wins $10M or so.

That’s a clear NO
More people consider it as more people can’t afford healthcare. With costs increasing it seems inevitable.
Stop giving it away for free to people that can work and the price goes down
Lots of people who work don’t get it or it’s really expensive.
Yes because of government interference, when I was making 12 an hour 20 years ago I had the best insurance plan for 30 bucks a week. Fast forward to today. It’s out of control. Thanks to the government
Government keeps getting involved as it gets more expensive.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year, it actually cost them about $10,000 a year in deductibles, meaning that they basically pay premiums AND pay deductibles to see a doctor. McCain really screwed up not killing Obamacare when he had the chance.

The democrats are running on "single payer" Medicare for all, where the government pays for all healthcare, and its FREE when needed. I can't imagine the lines of people waiting to see doctors. I wonder what GS pay grade doctors would get?

These two links basically prove two main points:
1. About 20% of the population uses 80% of the healthcare system. Can you say "pre-existing conditions"?

Does 20% of the population really use 80% of health care dollars?
2. The bottom 50% of the population by income pays basically nothing for healthcare
How do health expenditures vary across the population? - Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker

How can we improve the US healthcare system?
1. The bottom half of the population needs to work to get healthcare, medicaid needs to be cut
2. The 20% of the sickest need top pay more for healthcare since they use most of the resource

Any better ideas??
Oh do you mean the same federal government that lost track of over 1 trillion dollars within 8 years? The same federal government that spent 1 billion to make the Obamacare website that was utter dogshit? Nah I’m good. Go with the Swiss system instead please, healthcare mandate with as minimal regulation as humanly possible. Enough with making people buy through work, quit forcing people to buy coverage for shit they’re never gonna need, make customizable plans with a shit ton of competition, and finally, let patients and doctors see the prices of what they’re actually paying for/ordering.

I remember Obama's promise that Obamacare would save all families about $2,500 a year
I remember Trump's promise to repeal and replace Obamacare on Day One.

"You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy!"

It always does. Derp!

That's not true Mary. If you believe it, you are more ignorant than even I believe you are.

Forum List

Back