Poll: do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

Do you think Rubio still has a shot at the nomination?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
I never thought Rubio had a chance to begin with. :)

After his miserable performance in the last debate, he's toast.

giphy.gif
Yeah his polling in NH says it all. He's only going to lose SC and Nevada as well.
With Trump in the race, Cruz, Rubio, and even Bush have a shot. If the leader was Bush, I would say Rubio and Cruz would be toast because Bush would have the full backing of the establishment. However, with Trump in the race, anything can happen because of his unpredictable paranoid behavior. If Trump doesn't carry South Carolina, then we could be looking at an open convention. 1976 was last open Republican convention. The last time a president nominated in an open convention won the white house was FDR in 1932.

Poor Rubio, he blundered during a debate. A week ago he was the rising star of the GOP establishment, and now people are talking about if he stands a chance! I only hope he is not so much distracted by what happened that night and carry on. After all, he's my second pick :/

I don't think Rubio has a future. I think you'll see the Establishment money men give Bush another look or maybe Kasich.

But the establishment is looking at the possibility of having to get either Trump or Cruz, neither of whom they want.

Poor Rubio, he blundered during a debate. A week ago he was the rising star of the GOP establishment, and now people are talking about if he stands a chance! I only hope he is not so much distracted by what happened that night and carry on. After all, he's my second pick :/
He's my first. Remember he took a sip of water and the left wing called it a career ender. It's what they do. The race has a long long way to go and Rubio is only a few delegates short of Cruz. Even the Dems are no certainty at this point.

Sorry, but Democrat turnout was almost as weak as Obama's foreign policy. Here are the numbers:
2016 - Republicans drew 263K voters to the Democrats’ 232K.
In 2008 (the last time the Democrats had a contested primary in New Hampshire), they got 289K to the GOP's 239K - they fell almost 20% short. (19.72%)

Adding to the bad news, New Hampshire is a "Blue State" with a significant advantage in registered Democrats over Republicans.

Yes, keep telling yourself that this is meaningful.

Keep telling yourself that a Reality TV Rodeo Clown hasn't hijacked your process.

Fact is, Bernie got more votes than ANY of your candidates and Hillary got more votes than most of them.

State your case.
He choked a few years ago giving the Republican response to the sotu. We thought he was young then and now is ready but he choked again. Now he says it will never happen again? Easy to say but what if it does? He's out!

Not only do I think he has a shot at the nomination, I think the smart money is on him.
You mean the billionaire class backs him, just as they do Cankles and many of the others. He would be another disastrous POTUS...and we have had far too many of them.

Rubio needs to stop talking about GOD and talk about things that help make this nation powerful. We don't need a goddamn pope in the white house.
Rubio is going to be fighting for the evangelical vote which is a very strong force in South Carolina. Trump parading around with his fowl mouth, ex-wives, and sex scandals around his neck, off again on again support for prolife, and proclaiming he doesnt' have time for regular church attendance is not going to attack evangelicals.

If Rubio can steel enough Curz votes he'll probably end up in 3rd place. However, with a strong showing in the debate and a stubble by Trump or Cruz he could claim 2nd. If the campaigns continue as they have in Iowa and New Hampshire, Rubio won't win in South Carolina..

Forum List

Back