Poll: Do You Have a Problem with NFL Players Locking Arms During National Anthem?

Do you have a problem with NFL players locking arms during National Anthem? Why?

• Total voters
I'm genuinely surprised that conservatives are still objecting to this symbolism of locking arms.

It has little context, so one can interpret it as almost anything, for example meaning symbolic unity for all Americans.

But you guys have every right to feel how you do and disagree with me and be completely wrong :)
Locking arms is for fans to show approval of the players who are locking arms in support of the kneeling.

For me it's mostly about appearances.
Sure, we have freedom of speech, they have a right to do that, as humans on this planet we have a right to do anything we want, but, there are consequences.

If something is done and it give the image of disrespect for our leader or country, it makes us appear weak and unpatriotic to others. Certainly not United.

Sure, we have freedom of speech, they have a right to do that, as humans on this planet we have a right to do anything we want, but, there are consequences.

If something is done and it give the image of disrespect for our leader or country, it makes us appear weak and unpatriotic to others. Certainly not United.
Well hunney it's been going on for longer than we have been alive, I figured it was part of the trip...

Well hunney it's been going on for longer than we have been alive, I figured it was part of the trip...

With peaks and valleys. I'm pretty sure out image as a strong super power is declining rapidly.

i guess my question now is - when does it end?

do we fire 400 police officers and hire black ones only? even though many who did the "violence" are black?
when the president starts a special investigation into the police violence against blacks?
when the stands are empty because people just got tired of million dollar causes?

if they want "discussion" that was resolved a few weeks after kap took a knee and told everyone how he's against violence while honoring violent leaders through his wardrobe.

the only thing they are doing at this point is hurting their cause because people have been bashed in the head long enough on "the social unjust" in the world.

so - when does it end? when do they stop telling everyone what to talk about and how to think and feel and understand we do not need them for that?

when?

i guess my question now is - when does it end?

do we fire 400 police officers and hire black ones only? even though many who did the "violence" are black?
when the president starts a special investigation into the police violence against blacks?
when the stands are empty because people just got tired of million dollar causes?

if they want "discussion" that was resolved a few weeks after kap took a knee and told everyone how he's against violence while honoring violent leaders through his wardrobe.

the only thing they are doing at this point is hurting their cause because people have been bashed in the head long enough on "the social unjust" in the world.

so - when does it end? when do they stop telling everyone what to talk about and how to think and feel and understand we do not need them for that?

when?

Awwwww. Poor baby feels like he's been bashed in the head.

It has little context, so one can interpret it as almost anything, for example meaning symbolic unity for all Americans.
Locking arms is for fans to show approval of the players who are locking arms in support of the kneeling.
That is the broader context as you see it, AvgGuy, but it is not for example why Jerry Jones (*spit*) had his team kneel. He claims to be as opposed to disrupting the national anthem and displaying a negative attitude toward our veterans as anybody else. For him and his club the kneeling gesture was about nothing more than unity in the face of Trumps criticism.

But I understand how you think that way, considering the MSM's 24/7 spin about everything.

That is the broader context as you see it, AvgGuy, but it is not for example why Jerry Jones (*spit*) had his team kneel. He claims to be as opposed to disrupting the national anthem and displaying a negative attitude toward our veterans as anybody else. For him and his club the kneeling gesture was about nothing more than unity in the face of Trumps criticism.

But I understand how you think that way, considering the MSM's 24/7 spin about everything.

Nobody displayed a negative attitude toward our veterans. That's you being duped.

If they are standing while locked together in such a way, I don't see an issue with it, especially if its a way to show unity.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Jones and his team kneeling was about one thing, protecting the NFL brand. If you think he cares about social injustice where was he two weeks ago?

I think it is a decent compromise. It does not disrespect the flag but it points to the concerns the players have about the situation in the black community, which is a different topic.

Packers joined by fans in linking arms during national anthem

What do you think?

I don't have a problem with it but the damage is done, my boycott stands, maybe watch the SuperBowl if one of my teams makes it but that's about it, MLB is in post season and the Cubs clinched their division and NHL regular season starts shortly, fuck the NFL.

Forum List

Back