Poll: Do You Have a Problem with NFL Players Locking Arms During National Anthem?

Do you have a problem with NFL players locking arms during National Anthem? Why?

• Total voters
more nonsense, assumptions and straw men.

I made no assumptions...you oppose what these guys are doing because, in your words, it upsets you to have to see them do that. So that, friend, is what entitlement is. Because you think you are entitled to not have to see someone take a knee during the anthem. I'm telling you that entitlement doesn't exist.

So put on your big boy pants and suck it up that a black guy is taking a minute or so to protest social injustice during forced patriotic displays.

no, those weren't my words.

and here's a softball, cause you're foundering so badly I feel you need a hand:

If those were my words, quote them. that should be pretty easy now shouldn't it? lol.

ahhh, but, alas, I never said any such thing so you will fail at even this simple task, meaning you yet again intentionally misrepresented what I said, this time in a stunning fashion in just completely making up a quote and attributing it to me; and then, in typical fashion, padding a bunch of other bullshit around it that I'm now apparently supposed to rebut to make it easy for you to argue THAT point instead of anything I've actually said.

and that, friend, is what a strawman is. you really should open a factory. with halloween coming up you could make some moniez, as you do for sure know how to crank those out with amazing speed. lol

ah well, you suck at this worse than most, but you're dedicated, so I guess you've got that going for ya. If you're going to be a crazed, utterly dishonest parrot for the left you might as well go all in.

keep it unreal, homie! lol.

I’m good with it it seems like they figured out that taking a knee during the national anthem wasn’t having the positive impact they thought it would so this seems like a reasonable alternative.

you have no basis for any of the assumptions you forward as fact while attempting to find cover behind the use of blatantly intellectually dishonest logical fallacy in an attempt to draw me into an argument you've framed out, without bothering to find out, or even wonder apparently, if what you take as fact has even a passing relationship with reality..

Can you explain what assumption I made? You're the one whining about how it offends your delicate sensibilities to see someone kneeling before a football game, during the national anthem. You're saying you're entitled to be comfortable and not have to acknowledge why these plays are kneeling because...because...that's the part you don't fucking answer. So you whine like a little bitch that seeing Kaep take a knee discomforts you because you are entitled to not have to see that. Why you're entitled to it, I'm not sure. It's not like you did anything to earn that entitlement, so I'm not sure why you think it's something you're owed.

Free speech isn't comfortable. That's the point. Get the fuck over yourself.

And the icing on the cake is that after that long, empty post of bullshit, you skate away so you don't have to be challenged on it...which is more of that unearned entitlement I was speaking about earlier.

No one owes you anything, least of all the football players choosing to kneel.

nonsense. again.

I owe them nothing in return. I've already said twice now (three if you bothered to read my other posts) that I do not give a single shit if they decide to do this.

If any cause was pushed every single weekend before every single game I'd get sick of it. I don't care if it's girl scout cookies, breast cancer, or this issue. That's not what I'm there for. how this doesn't make it through your thick head I have no fucking idea, and I don't bother to answer your straw men, basically because they're all bullshit, and because I have no duty to do so. You are not entitled to an answer to logical fallacy. duh.

I can't believe this is the first time someone's actually pointed out that YOU are not entitled to simply erect one strawman after the next and expect a reply. when you come out of the gate attacking the shit out of someone based on utter nonsense you have to expect the response you've gotten here. that you apparently don't but instead expect someone to give a reasoned dialogue in response to your bombast or to treat you with any respect in the face of your utterly mindless vitriol, and that you hop up and down- apparently in protest of their lack of stupidity because they refuse to take your bait based on one false premise after the next, speaks volumes about YOUR sense of entitlement, friend, not to mention logic

irony- it's what's for dinner.

now scuttle along to your antifa meeting. It's your turn to bring the spray paint....

Last edited:
no, those weren't my words.
and here's a softball, cause you're foundering so badly I feel you need a hand:
If those were my words, quote them. that should be pretty easy now shouldn't it? lol.

So I'm confused then why you are arguing with me about this topic if you support what Kaep and the other players are doing. Because you either support it or you don't. Seems like you are trying to bounce around within the parameters you've set for yourself.

I owe them nothing in return.

So you are actively choosing to ignore their message. OK, well, that's pretty much all we need to know. The players have complaints about our justice system and law enforcement and you don't want to hear it because...because...why, again?

I've already said twice now (three if you bothered to read my other posts) that I do not give a single shit if they decide to do this.

Doing it isn't the issue here, why they're doing it is. They're doing it to start a conversation about institutional racism in our Justice system and law enforcement. You seem like you don't want to have that conversation at all. Is that the case?

now scuttle along to your antifa meeting. It's your turn to bring the spray paint....

Is that supposed to be an insult or something? I think you think calling someone on the left "antifa" is the natural equivalent to calling you a Klansman/Nazi/fascist. However, antifa isn't an organization or a system of government. But your shit is. So why do you think calling someone "antifa" is an insult?

I'm proudly anti-fascist, aren't you?

I think it is a decent compromise. It does not disrespect the flag but it points to the concerns the players have about the situation in the black community, which is a different topic.

Packers joined by fans in linking arms during national anthem

What do you think?

They aren't concerned about the black community.....they are dumb people reacting to left wing lies without thinking. The real problem in the Black community isn't cops.....it is democrat policies, out of wedlock birth rates, and young black males murdering other young black males.......do you think those are the problems they are linking arms to address?

Assine reply by a white snowflake.

I think it is a decent compromise. It does not disrespect the flag but it points to the concerns the players have about the situation in the black community, which is a different topic.

Packers joined by fans in linking arms during national anthem

What do you think?

They aren't concerned about the black community.....they are dumb people reacting to left wing lies without thinking. The real problem in the Black community isn't cops.....it is democrat policies, out of wedlock birth rates, and young black males murdering other young black males.......do you think those are the problems they are linking arms to address?

Assine reply by a white snowflake.
Translation; Otto disagreed with 2A, so 2A isa snowflake.

Standard leftard goofball. has no idea what a snowflake is.

They aren't concerned about the black community

You're the ones who disregard and diminish the black community's outrage at institutional racism in our justice system and law enforcement, so you're the ones who have no concern.

.....they are dumb people reacting to left wing lies without thinking. The real problem in the Black community isn't cops.....it is democrat policies, out of wedlock birth rates, and young black males murdering other young black males.......do you think those are the problems they are linking arms to address?

Ahhh whitesplaining the problem...because that means you're open to the message. :/

I owe them nothing in return.

So you are actively choosing to ignore their message. OK, well, that's pretty much all we need to know. The players have complaints about our justice system and law enforcement and you don't want to hear it because...because...why, again?

I've already said twice now (three if you bothered to read my other posts) that I do not give a single shit if they decide to do this.

Doing it isn't the issue here, why they're doing it is. They're doing it to start a conversation about institutional racism in our Justice system and law enforcement. You seem like you don't want to have that conversation at all. Is that the case?

Wrong- AAAAgain. Straw Men Aaaagain.

As to your completely wrong (again) assertion that I don't want to have that broader conversation, my posting history on this board will tell the truth on that. I have been very vocal in criticizing law enforcement on this issue when it seemed the facts supported it. I have posted threads on this issue, I have criticized them when it seemed pretty clear they'd way overstepped their bounds, I have done essentially every damn thing you claim I don't want to do.

What I don't want, as I've stated repeatedly, is this nonsense, or any nonsense, getting jammed in my face every time I decide to do something else entirely.

Now kindly either make a point that you haven't completely pulled out of your ass to the point of being so wrong time and time again that it is absurd, or we're back to simply 'fuck off'. You do not know shit about how I view this topic, you don't know shit about how to have a logical rational discussion, as all you've done, and all you continue to do is jump to one erroneous assumption/conclusion after the next to the point that I'm tired of pointing it your endless parade of strawman arugments- and I've wasted enough time on people exactly like you to know that this is not likely to change any time in the near future.....

As to your completely wrong (again) assertion that I don't want to have that broader conversation, my posting history on this board will tell the truth on that. I have been very vocal in criticizing law enforcement on this issue when it seemed the facts supported it. I have posted threads on this issue, I have criticized them when it seemed pretty clear they'd way overstepped their bounds, I have done essentially every damn thing you claim I don't want to do.

So then why are you disagreeing with me? What is your actual problem with these protests?

What I don't want, as I've stated repeatedly, is this nonsense, or any nonsense, getting jammed in my face every time I decide to do something else entirely.

So it is about your comfort and your entitlement to not have to hear/see the problem. All you're saying is that you're aware the problem exists, you might be sympathetic to it, yet you don't want to have to be reminded of that problem before a football game?

Why? Shouldn't institutional racism be at the forefront of everything? Is it not a massive problem? Why does your comfort and entitlement entitle you to not seeing, hearing, or discussing this topic any time, any where? Black people don't have the luxury of not being black, which is the point.

So then why are you disagreeing with me? What is your actual problem with these protests?

So it is about your comfort and your entitlement to not have to hear/see the problem. All you're saying is that you're aware the problem exists, you might be sympathetic to it, yet you don't want to have to be reminded of that problem before a football game?

Good god, enough already with your bullshit about the sense of entitlement you insist on projecting, or any of the other myriad conclusions you pull out of thin air and forward as some sort of argument, when they are no such thing.

this is a strawman, this is a strawman, this is a strawman. again, and again and again. get it?

do you even understand your own use of logical fallacy to the point of absurdity or do you simply not give a shit that everything that comes clattering off your keyboard is utter nonsense? It's like a one trick pony that doesn't care that he's spewing intellectually dishonest crap all over himself and everyone else, while pointing at the other guy and accusing them of not doing this or that.

I don't even disagree with you all that much here on the broader topic, but that's not good enough, noooooo, you'll still pull the same tired shit on anyone that isn't 100% onboard with what you see as the correct view.

I've said repeatedly that I would not want this, or ANY OTHER, cause jammed at me each and every time I tune in to watch football. it has NOTHING to do with this particular issue, which, again, I have hammered on repeatedly on this board. you're so intent on trying to prove something that is utterly fallacious to the point of absurdity (and provably so, based on my posting history) that you'd rather continue on the same path rather than taking a step back to consider whether or not what you're saying makes any sense at all.

enough. it's utterly absurd. I knew it would be, of course. I've read your spew on this board and it's nothing but more of this type of underhanded nonsense. I am not stupid enough to get drawn into arguing your strawmen or falling for any of your other typical attempts at underhanded argument, which is all you seem to know. I wasn't last week, I'm not now and I never will be.

My posting history conclusively proves your assertions/assumptions to be wrong, and yet you just continue on this same brainless path of trying to 'win' an argument in which it's pretty clear you're totally wrong, and provably so, based on my posting history on the broader issue. And you refuse to see it or acknowledge it, because that doesn't fit, but instead circle back around to more of the same bullshit to try to make THAT fit, even though it obviously, and provable does not. lol. it's like watching a bird fly into a window for crying out loud.

you have no idea how to actually have a discussion. it's pathetic. you're not stupid but ignorant, intellectually dishonest to the extreme- and utterly devoid of any sort of logic, formal or otherwise, or you'd see that quite simply, the facts of my posting history here support none of what you attempt to forward, and, IMO, that sort of willful ignorance is leaps and bounds worse than just simple stupidity if for no other reason than it prevents any sort of rational discussion on the very topic you purport to be supporting.

This makes you and those like you with your mindless lockstep nonsense and outright hostility towards anyone not in complete 100% agreement with them a huge part of the problem. You claim to want a discussion, but you want nothing of the kind. You do not wish, nor desire in any capacity to hear anything from anyone that disagrees in any way, no matter how trivial, as is the case here, and that, quite simply, is ridiculous. That approach solves nothing. It never has, it never will and it absolutely, positively, will make no headway with respect to a problem as complex as this one.

But then I don't think that's the goal. The goal, IMO, is to shout down the other guy under the continued barrage of nonsense. Well that won't fly either. As stated early on, all I've to do is point out your endless stream of logical fallacies. You cannot 'win' anything based on these sorts of tactics when faced with someone that recognizes them for exactly what they are, so good luck....

Good god, enough already with your bullshit about the sense of entitlement you insist on projecting, or any of the other myriad conclusions you pull out of thin air and forward as some sort of argument, when they are no such thing.

You have maintained that seeing players kneeling isn't something you feel you should have to see. So how is that not entitlement? What have you done to earn the entitlement to not see these players kneel?

Setting aside why they kneel for the moment, let's first figure out why you think you are entitled to not having to see them do it?

I've said repeatedly that I would not want this, or ANY OTHER, cause jammed at me each and every time I tune in to watch football.

What you just said above is entitlement. You are saying you are entitled to not see anyone "jam a cause" down your throat. From where does that entitlement come? What makes you think it's a right you have earned? What have you done to earn that entitlement?

You have maintained that seeing players kneeling isn't something you feel you should have to see. So how is that not entitlement? What have you done to earn the entitlement to not see these players kneel?

Setting aside why they kneel for the moment, let's first figure out why you think you are entitled to not having to see them do it?

really, this is what you come back with? same shit. again and again and again.

lol. come on already.

I know this is driving you nuts, but it's really pretty simple. I understand what they're protesting. To a large extent I support their overall message (although at times I think both sides are really chock full of shit on this or that), but I do not want to see this every single game.

As I've said multiple times now, I would not care what the topic is, the cause du jour is not something I want bleeding into football games from now to eternity. I do not want it turning into a 'platform'. When I tune in or head to the stadium I want to watch football and that's pretty much it.

Have breast cancer day. Fine. Have a veteran's day event. Fine. Have a 'we kneel for Laquan Day'. Fine. Do any of the above, or anything else, before every game all year long and it's going to have me drifting off to sleep, as that's simply not what I'm tuning in for.

I've done it with baseball, I've done it with basketball and now I'm doing it with football. All very different reasons at the surface but at the root, when it seems to me that the game stops being about the game I start to lose interest- and that's what's happening now.

As stated in another thread, it isn't even a conscious decision. It's not like I've said 'well, screw em, I'm not watching because of this', it's more, I think, that I start to interpret this as a loss of focus on the sport, but instead on these other issues, which in turn, I think, causes me to also begin to lose that focus, which results in my not caring as much, which results in my not watching as much...although, again, it's not even a conscious thing....

I've said repeatedly that I would not want this, or ANY OTHER, cause jammed at me each and every time I tune in to watch football.

What you just said above is entitlement. You are saying you are entitled to not see anyone "jam a cause" down your throat. From where does that entitlement come? What makes you think it's a right you have earned? What have you done to earn that entitlement?

I don't have to earn anything. I can decide how I do and do not want to spend my time. I'm not asking them to actually do anything. They can do whatever they please, as I've stated repeatedly...

I don't have to earn anything.

So you do think you're entitled to it. So why were you screeching at me that you didn't have a sense of entitlement? And what gives you that entitlement? Nothing as far as I can tell. You haven't earned the entitlement to not be discomforted when watching a football game, so why do you think you're entitled to it this time? What gave you that entitlement?

I can decide how I do and do not want to spend my time.

Great, so it's about you, not the players. Again, that's a sense of entitlement. One that is completely unearned. You do not have the entitlement or right to not be discomforted by expressions of free speech.

Here's a novel idea; get over yourself.

I'm not asking them to actually do anything. They can do whatever they please, as I've stated repeatedly...

But you are demanding they to do something; not discomfort you and your sensitivities. That's what you said. That you don't want to be discomforted by seeing on your TV a few players kneeling in protest during the anthem. I'm saying that sense of entitlement is entirely unearned and non-existent. It's really about you not wanting to acknowledge their grievances so you make excuses that revolve around this unearned sense of entitlement you have. Completely unearned, by the way.

As stated in another thread, it isn't even a conscious decision. It's not like I've said 'well, screw em, I'm not watching because of this', it's more, I think, that I start to interpret this as a loss of focus on the sport, but instead on these other issues, which in turn, I think, causes me to also begin to lose that focus, which results in my not caring as much, which results in my not watching as much...although, again, it's not even a conscious thing....

What your caterwauling boils down to is that you think you're entitled to not be discomforted by what you see on your television.

I am telling you that such an entitlement doesn't exist.

Get over yourself.

Forum List

Back