Poll: Do You Have a Problem with NFL Players Locking Arms During National Anthem?

Do you have a problem with NFL players locking arms during National Anthem? Why?

• Total voters
What is wrong with just standing with your hand over your heart facing the flag.

You know, like they used to do and like most American citizens do.

They want to impress Me, get into these black communities and start putting in the effort to rebuild the family.

I think it is a decent compromise. It does not disrespect the flag but it points to the concerns the players have about the situation in the black community, which is a different topic.

Packers joined by fans in linking arms during national anthem

What do you think?

I don't have a problem with it but the damage is done, my boycott stands, maybe watch the SuperBowl if one of my teams makes it but that's about it, MLB is in post season and the Cubs clinched their division and NHL regular season starts shortly, fuck the NFL.
Yep. I won't even watch the Superbowl, regardless of who is in it. The 2017-18 season is done for Me. I'll be rooting Iowa along on Saturday and using Sundays for time with the grandkids.

If the teams don't take a knee this week, what does that say about their alleged protest last week? Has social injustice been solved in one week?

I think it is a decent compromise. It does not disrespect the flag but it points to the concerns the players have about the situation in the black community, which is a different topic.

Packers joined by fans in linking arms during national anthem

What do you think?
The problem I have with this story is essentially the same problem I have with the Regressives whining about conservative speakers on campus.

First, this country is stronger when we not only tolerate, but defend freedom of expression.

Second, look at how the Regressives made Milo and Ben Shapiro into heroes. Trying to shut people up often has the opposite ultimate result.

Maybe we can just get over ourselves and let people express themselves, whether we like what they say or not.

First, this country is stronger when we not only tolerate, but defend freedom of expression.
Second, look at how the Regressives made Milo and Ben Shapiro into heroes. Trying to shut people up often has the opposite ultimate result.
Maybe we can just get over ourselves and let people express themselves, whether we like what they say or not.
I defend freedom of speech all the time, but I dont like the NFL allowing itself to be turned into some far leftwing institution that slanders our policemen.

But as for the kneeling BS, I dont want to turn on the football game and see that BS either.

The NFL has the right to tell its employees how to behave while 'on the clock' and allowing this disrespect to the flag, the nation and people of the USA is not OK, and no, I will not 'get over it'.

Some things should not be just 'gotten over' and attacking the people of this country and our veterans is one of them.

I defend freedom of speech all the time, but I dont like the NFL allowing itself to be turned into some far leftwing institution that slanders our policemen.

But as for the kneeling BS, I dont want to turn on the football game and see that BS either.

The NFL has the right to tell its employees how to behave while 'on the clock' and allowing this disrespect to the flag, the nation and people of the USA is not OK, and no, I will not 'get over it'.

Some things should not be just 'gotten over' and attacking the people of this country and our veterans is one of them.
I get that, I just don't see any constructive behaviors here. I don't know if we're trying to actually improve anything or just fight.

I get that, I just don't see any constructive behaviors here. I don't know if we're trying to actually improve anything or just fight.
Well, lets just hope the NFL goes with the locking arms approach and stops paying these players to disrespect Old Glory and the American people.

Standing, sitting, locking arms - The real issue is that we should be celebrating the fact that in the US, we are not required to stand at Achtung!

Ignore Herr Trump. He cannot force us to become the fascist nazi hell hole he wants.

Well, lets just hope the NFL goes with the locking arms approach and stops paying these players to disrespect Old Glory and the American people.

Protesting systemic institutional racism has nothing to do with the flag. Consuming yourself with the flag shows you have more faith in symbols than what those symbols stand for.

yeah, it's better than the kneeling thing, but I still don't want this nonsense bleeding into my football.

football is about football.

I'm the customer, so the way I see it they're doing this shit on my time, which I am giving to them in the form of my viewership, fan support etc. That's worth money which I have, over the years, paid into this system as a fan, as have many others via tickets to games, gear etc.

I do not want, need nor expect some cause du jour jammed at me every time I turn on or go to a football game, which I want to be nothing more than entertainment and sport. It's entertainment in the form of sport, that's what I'm tuning in for, that's what I'm paying for. I wouldn't like something similar splashed on a movie screen when I went to the theater and would have a reaction to anything like this shoved in my nose when all I want, and am paying for/supporting, is something else completely. In other words it is ceasing to be what I am tuning in for and the further it drifts in this direction the further I'll drift away from it, as I have with other sports at this point....

yeah, it's better than the kneeling thing, but I still don't want this nonsense bleeding into my football. football is about football.

And what we're talking about happens before the game is even played.

I'm the customer, so the way I see it they're doing this shit on my time, which I am giving to them in the form of my viewership, fan support etc.That's worth money which I have, over the years, paid into this system as a fan, as have many others via tickets to games, gear etc.

Completely unearned sense of entitlement. No one owes you anything. Get over yourself. Your comfort is no one's concern. It just seems to me like you don't want to have a conversation about why these guys are protesting. You just want to screech endlessly that they are, and then avoid the discussion as to why. Mostly because you would have to admit things that discomfort you. Well, democracy and free speech aren't comfortable, so get the fuck over yourself already.

I do not want, need nor expect some cause du jour jammed at me every time I turn on or go to a football game, which I want to be nothing more than entertainment and sport.

It's entertainment in the form of sport, that's what I'm tuning in for, that's what I'm paying for. I wouldn't like something similar splashed on a movie screen when I went to the theater and would have a reaction to anything like this shoved in my nose when all I want, and am paying for/supporting, is something else completely. In other words it is ceasing to be what I am tuning in for and the further it drifts in this direction the further I'll drift away from it, as I have with other sports at this point....

Maybe you do since all other attempts to discuss it have fallen on your deaf, cauliflower ears. You do a lot of talking; you tell players to "get back in line, BOY", you tell the owners to fire the players, you tell the NFL to fine the players, you tell everyone how to feel about what the players are doing.

So you do a lot of telling, but no listening. Yet you demand everyone listen to you.

That is privilege.

yeah, it's better than the kneeling thing, but I still don't want this nonsense bleeding into my football. football is about football.

And what we're talking about happens before the game is even played.

I'm the customer, so the way I see it they're doing this shit on my time, which I am giving to them in the form of my viewership, fan support etc.That's worth money which I have, over the years, paid into this system as a fan, as have many others via tickets to games, gear etc.

Completely unearned sense of entitlement. No one owes you anything. Get over yourself. Your comfort is no one's concern. It just seems to me like you don't want to have a conversation about why these guys are protesting. You just want to screech endlessly that they are, and then avoid the discussion as to why. Mostly because you would have to admit things that discomfort you. Well, democracy and free speech aren't comfortable, so get the fuck over yourself already.

I do not want, need nor expect some cause du jour jammed at me every time I turn on or go to a football game, which I want to be nothing more than entertainment and sport.

It's entertainment in the form of sport, that's what I'm tuning in for, that's what I'm paying for. I wouldn't like something similar splashed on a movie screen when I went to the theater and would have a reaction to anything like this shoved in my nose when all I want, and am paying for/supporting, is something else completely. In other words it is ceasing to be what I am tuning in for and the further it drifts in this direction the further I'll drift away from it, as I have with other sports at this point....

Maybe you do since all other attempts to discuss it have fallen on your deaf, cauliflower ears. You do a lot of talking; you tell players to "get back in line, BOY", you tell the owners to fire the players, you tell the NFL to fine the players, you tell everyone how to feel about what the players are doing.

So you do a lot of telling, but no listening. Yet you demand everyone listen to you.

That is privilege.

dude, just fuck off. I'm not even going to respond to your nonsense. I didn't say I had a sense of entitlement, jackass, I said what I was and was not willing to support with my time, which I am in complete 100% control of in terms of how I allocate it. I did not "tell" anyone anything, I related how I viewed this for myself. It is your ignorant ass doing the 'telling'

I explained what I thought and you spew crap and ad hominems. Oh, and strawmen. You've erected quite a collection of those in your little spew. I've never said any of the words you're attempting to put in my mouth here or elsewhere.

so, yeah, just fuck off.

Last edited:
dude, just fuck off. I'm not even going to respond to your nonsense. I didn't say I had a sense of entitlement, jackass, I said what I was and was not willing to support with my time, which I am in complete 100% control of in terms of how I allocate it.

Ahem - that is entitlement. You are saying you are entitled to not be discomforted by what players do before the game. What you just wrote is exactly what entitlement is. And from where did you get this sense of entitlement? From nowhere. It's completely unearned.

I did not "tell" anyone anything, I related how I viewed this for myself. It is your ignorant ass doing the 'telling'

Your view is that protesting the national anthem by taking a knee is disrespecting (?) the flag (?) or the anthem (?) or whatever. That's you telling people what is appropriate according to your comfort. You don't bother to ask why they're kneeling, and if you do, you don't listen to the reasons. Instead, you just impose your reasons as to why their grievances aren't legitimate from your privilege, and claiming you're entitled to not being discomforted because they don't want to abide by an arbitrary standard you made up off the top of your head.

It's all an exercise in avoidance. Saying that protesting institutional racism discomforts you is both expressing an unearned sense of entitlement and privilege.

I explained what I thought and you spew crap and ad hominems. Oh, and strawmen. You've erected quite a collection of those in your little spew. I've never said any of the words you're attempting to put in my mouth here or elsewhere.so, yeah, just fuck off.

All this because your views were challenged; privilege.

dude, just fuck off. I'm not even going to respond to your nonsense. I didn't say I had a sense of entitlement, jackass, I said what I was and was not willing to support with my time, which I am in complete 100% control of in terms of how I allocate it.

Ahem - that is entitlement. You are saying you are entitled to not be discomforted by what players do before the game. What you just wrote is exactly what entitlement is. And from where did you get this sense of entitlement? From nowhere. It's completely unearned.

I did not "tell" anyone anything, I related how I viewed this for myself. It is your ignorant ass doing the 'telling'

Your view is that protesting the national anthem by taking a knee is disrespecting (?) the flag (?) or the anthem (?) or whatever. That's you telling people what is appropriate according to your comfort. You don't bother to ask why they're kneeling, and if you do, you don't listen to the reasons. Instead, you just impose your reasons as to why their grievances aren't legitimate from your privilege, and claiming you're entitled to not being discomforted because they don't want to abide by an arbitrary standard you made up off the top of your head.

It's all an exercise in avoidance. Saying that protesting institutional racism discomforts you is both expressing an unearned sense of entitlement and privilege.

I explained what I thought and you spew crap and ad hominems. Oh, and strawmen. You've erected quite a collection of those in your little spew. I've never said any of the words you're attempting to put in my mouth here or elsewhere.so, yeah, just fuck off.

All this because your views were challenged; privilege.

more nonsense, assumptions and straw men.

is this all you have? cause if so, it's not much.

nothing but bombastic talking points, and attempting to pin them on others regardless of what they've actually said.

in other words you are completely and utterly full of shit. and full of yourself as well if you think you can make these assumptions about others based on a single post on an internet BB and that your conclusions have any actual validity. case in point, I've posted on this topic in other threads. I have never taken the position on this that you are, yet again, attempting to pin on me in another feeble attempt to forward a strawman.

do yourself a favor and maybe remove your head from your......talking points long enough to look at those and you'll realize I have no actual problem with these people doing whatever the fuck they please. It's their right to do with their time what they see fit. It is also my right to exercise that same privilege. See how that works?

I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of folks like you on this BB and others, all with the same intellectually dishonest MO of spewing the party line and talking points, while throwing logical fallacy around like ticker tape at the Macy's parade, and you are doing the same here. Your second post is as full of it as the first.

and this is why my initial response is what it was. I've spent/wasted enough time arguing with people exactly like you and it is nearly always the same thing and certainly has been here- Ad hominems, strawmen, rage and spew. blah, blah, fucking blah. And no, none, zero, substance or fact of any kind.

you have no basis for any of the assumptions you forward as fact while attempting to find cover behind the use of blatantly intellectually dishonest logical fallacy in an attempt to draw me into an argument you've framed out, without bothering to find out, or even wonder apparently, if what you take as fact has even a passing relationship with reality.

all I have to do (and will do until I get bored of it, which is fairly near already), is point this out. thanks for playing....

Last edited:
more nonsense, assumptions and straw men.

I made no assumptions...you oppose what these guys are doing because, in your words, it upsets you to have to see them do that. So that, friend, is what entitlement is. Because you think you are entitled to not have to see someone take a knee during the anthem. I'm telling you that entitlement doesn't exist.

So put on your big boy pants and suck it up that a black guy is taking a minute or so to protest social injustice during forced patriotic displays.

you have no basis for any of the assumptions you forward as fact while attempting to find cover behind the use of blatantly intellectually dishonest logical fallacy in an attempt to draw me into an argument you've framed out, without bothering to find out, or even wonder apparently, if what you take as fact has even a passing relationship with reality..

Can you explain what assumption I made? You're the one whining about how it offends your delicate sensibilities to see someone kneeling before a football game, during the national anthem. You're saying you're entitled to be comfortable and not have to acknowledge why these plays are kneeling because...because...that's the part you don't fucking answer. So you whine like a little bitch that seeing Kaep take a knee discomforts you because you are entitled to not have to see that. Why you're entitled to it, I'm not sure. It's not like you did anything to earn that entitlement, so I'm not sure why you think it's something you're owed.

Free speech isn't comfortable. That's the point. Get the fuck over yourself.

And the icing on the cake is that after that long, empty post of bullshit, you skate away so you don't have to be challenged on it...which is more of that unearned entitlement I was speaking about earlier.

No one owes you anything, least of all the football players choosing to kneel.

Forum List

Back