POLL: Do you ask yourself these questions?

Do you ask yourself these questions when consuming media you like?

• I'm a Republican/Conservative - YES

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'm a Republican/Conservative - NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Democrat/Liberal - YES

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'm a Democrat/Liberal - NO

• I'm an Independent - YES

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I'm an Independent - NO

• Total voters

^^^ People are addicted to BS. When Sally Boynton Brown said (paraphrasing) that poor people don't care about issues and are emotionally driven, she neglected that whole chicken vs egg argument.

Any decent return usually requires at least a minimal investment.
If you are not the investor ... Then any return is negligible ... That's just reality.

When you're watching, reading or listening to news media that you prefer (we'll leave the "type" of media open here from Fox & CBS to Hannity & Maddow), do you find yourself wondering any of the following...

1. What facts & details are they purposely leaving out?
2. What facts & details are they distorting?
3. What facts & details are they just making up?

I sure do. And if so, does that bother you?
Another great thread Mac!

4. Is there an agenda?

I find I am fairly cynical in news but certain language, terms or types of claims raise red flags for. It’s often not what is or isn’t presented...but also the creation of faulty links.

Question everything ... Recognize what is news and what is commentary.
One's political preference does not determine truth.

Pineapple

I heartily agree, except I would add, "coconut".

Hey, they compliment each other. So sue me.

When you're watching, reading or listening to news media that you prefer (we'll leave the "type" of media open here from Fox & CBS to Hannity & Maddow), do you find yourself wondering any of the following...

It's not only essential to question the motivation of anything one hears from anywhere, but irresponsible to NOT question it.

Yes Mac1958
I listen to and support Pacifica Radio and Democracy Now which is the real left that is left out of
mainstream media, and listen to independent Conservative moderates who are left out of the rabid rightwing media too.

They haven't figured out yet to listen to each other to get the whole truth in stereo and full surround sound!

What one bias leaves out or distorts for political hate bait,
the other side checks and corrects. So of course, if we put the two
together, all distortions would be corrected and only where the two
agree would that be established as common truth without spin.

the day the two forces unite, to clean up media from any more politicized garbage,
we'd change the market and make it where NO party can pay for propaganda to
spin the records their way. They'd all be held to accurate standards for the public benefit.
then the people would be in charge, not the party corporate machines that pay for
whatever they want to put out to sway votes this way or that way.

We have to put ALL the people before party interests, if we are going to end
this trend of selling political ads and "infomercials" as news when it's not.

Only it's not really "corporate machines" that are DRIVING the bus. It's because the NY Times is owned by a Mexican billionaire (actually he saved them from bankruptcy and just has the largest slice) or Jeff Bezos who's more than rich enough to kill the WashPo as a "political contribution". Or CNN that lowers itself to MANAGING propaganda management for dictatorships. Or Fox -- who is scoping out the lucrative "opposition" ground to this onslaught.

More and more, these "corporate machines" are in the war for ignoble purposes and they are taking casualties. Like when they try to side on a political issues and end up LOSING 1/2 of their customer good will. They never USED to go to war with 1/2 of their clientele. But now, we've escalated the battles apparently..

With the media dishonesty and polarization, you CANNOT be the voter in a representative Republic by being loyal to one set of sources. Even smaller more alternative sources should be listened to. That's why I HATE people who simply REJECT links and sources without checking the accuracy or completeness of reporting. Don't CARE what tthe source is. Address the Bull SHit..

Emily -- I used to be informed and entertained by KPFA when I was in the Bay Area. Was my source for GLOBAL news and conflict. But those jerks were always EATING each other for CONTROL of this wimpy operation. They would have on-air coups nearly every year and hostile takeovers of the microphones. It was quite dramatic. Like "big brother" house or some weird media reality show.. That's what Marxists do I guess when they get control of a "community asset".. :19:

Yes flacaltenn sadly because of mismanagement and bankruptcy rulings
Pacifica is being ordered to sell off their NY and Berkeley stations to settle with creditors
who set them up on purpose, to bankrupt the station so they could seize this overvalued
assets and sell them to commercial markets so they can profit off the losses.

I wrote out a plan to unite all independents and liberals around the Pacifica stations
and use each one to organize plans and resources for self governing solutions to each issue

See www.10million.net

WBAI in NY would be for women's issues of restitution for rape and trafficking
and organizing a whole business network to microfinance recovery and businesses run by and benefiting women
never made whole after rape because the justice system doesn't provide for that process of justice

WPFW in DC would be for Veteran led reforms and separating funding by party
and getting social garbage out of federal govt, giving taxpayers a choice which programs to fund as their
party structures the terms of membership and benefits b their own platforms

KPFA in Berkeley Oakland would take charge of environmental corrections, jobs education and reform
to rebuild the Ca economy on the value of this work to restore the land and natural wilderness and wildlife
including restitution to Native Americans as well as taxpayers rooked for corporate welfare bailouts and profits

KPKA inLA would be the hub for organizing restitution for immigrants and workers setting up
locallly owned campus jobs and housing for sustainable development along the border

and KPFT in Houston would lead the prison reform necessary to convert to a medical model for
proper diagnosis and treatment, rehab and recovery or detention for criminal illness so that
resources are reinvested in health care and education to provide preventative services
instead of wasting billions on crime and addiction that doesn't cure the causes.

2 million per station would launch a 10 million dollar national plan.
And the tradeoff would be if liberal Democrats agree to keep their social programs
out of federal govt, then the conservatives and Republicans would support free market
business plans, including loans and mentorship to help independents set up their
own programs to manage themselves outside of govt.

this would create jobs for
veterans
inmates
immigrants
dreamers
workers
and even party leaders, from Clinton to Johnson, Sanders and Stein, running for office who can prove
their leadership and solutions can work before expecting to get hired.

Why not challenge each party to set up their own networks and even city states
along the border in conjunction with Mexico that has 12-20 million nationals
living and working in the US who need cities to claim legal residency on their side of the border:
www.earnedamnesty.org

If students want to get involved, we can have media contests
to raise money and teach student teams with mentors how
to build schools in place of sweatshops and trafficking:
www.rightsfortheworkers.org

the media can be used as a tool to organize people and resources by party
to work in teams instead of fighting each other for dominance and power.

why not treat all parties as their own political religions and help them
to build their own programs and schools modeled after the Catholic church?

better to build schools and teaching hospitals than prisons.
better to pay for health care where it creates jobs providing services
instead of having to pay more for war where there is poverty and oppression.

this can be done by free market as all the successful models I have seen
are voluntarily run and funded, from Habitat to Humanity to Pace Universal
www.paceuniversal.com and Doctors without borders which works
more cost-effectively than the VA bogged down in govt bureaucracy.

When we agree to separate our taxes by party and set up our own
programs, the resources can go directly into solutions,not fighting in the media over problems.

They set up KPFA as well as WBAI? I was only aware of the latter.

Isn't that interesting --- the only two stations on the entire list whose licenses could legally be used for commercial broadcasting. Selling shit.

Pure coincidence I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Yes Mac1958
I listen to and support Pacifica Radio and Democracy Now which is the real left that is left out of
mainstream media, and listen to independent Conservative moderates who are left out of the rabid rightwing media too.

They haven't figured out yet to listen to each other to get the whole truth in stereo and full surround sound!

the day the two forces unite, to clean up media from any more politicized garbage,
spin the records their way. They'd all be held to accurate standards for the public benefit.
then the people would be in charge, not the party corporate machines that pay for

Only it's not really "corporate machines" that are DRIVING the bus. It's because the NY Times is owned by a Mexican billionaire (actually he saved them from bankruptcy and just has the largest slice) or Jeff Bezos who's more than rich enough to kill the WashPo as a "political contribution". Or CNN that lowers itself to MANAGING propaganda management for dictatorships. Or Fox -- who is scoping out the lucrative "opposition" ground to this onslaught.

More and more, these "corporate machines" are in the war for ignoble purposes and they are taking casualties. Like when they try to side on a political issues and end up LOSING 1/2 of their customer good will. They never USED to go to war with 1/2 of their clientele. But now, we've escalated the battles apparently..

With the media dishonesty and polarization, you CANNOT be the voter in a representative Republic by being loyal to one set of sources. Even smaller more alternative sources should be listened to. That's why I HATE people who simply REJECT links and sources without checking the accuracy or completeness of reporting. Don't CARE what tthe source is. Address the Bull SHit..

Emily -- I used to be informed and entertained by KPFA when I was in the Bay Area. Was my source for GLOBAL news and conflict. But those jerks were always EATING each other for CONTROL of this wimpy operation. They would have on-air coups nearly every year and hostile takeovers of the microphones. It was quite dramatic. Like "big brother" house or some weird media reality show.. That's what Marxists do I guess when they get control of a "community asset".. :19:

Pacifica is being ordered to sell off their NY and Berkeley stations to settle with creditors
who set them up on purpose, to bankrupt the station so they could seize this overvalued

I wrote out a plan to unite all independents and liberals around the Pacifica stations
and use each one to organize plans and resources for self governing solutions to each issue

See www.10million.net

and organizing a whole business network to microfinance recovery and businesses run by and benefiting women
never made whole after rape because the justice system doesn't provide for that process of justice

and getting social garbage out of federal govt, giving taxpayers a choice which programs to fund as their

KPFA in Berkeley Oakland would take charge of environmental corrections, jobs education and reform
to rebuild the Ca economy on the value of this work to restore the land and natural wilderness and wildlife
including restitution to Native Americans as well as taxpayers rooked for corporate welfare bailouts and profits

KPKA inLA would be the hub for organizing restitution for immigrants and workers setting up
locallly owned campus jobs and housing for sustainable development along the border

and KPFT in Houston would lead the prison reform necessary to convert to a medical model for
proper diagnosis and treatment, rehab and recovery or detention for criminal illness so that
resources are reinvested in health care and education to provide preventative services
instead of wasting billions on crime and addiction that doesn't cure the causes.

And the tradeoff would be if liberal Democrats agree to keep their social programs
out of federal govt, then the conservatives and Republicans would support free market
business plans, including loans and mentorship to help independents set up their

veterans
inmates
immigrants
dreamers
workers
and even party leaders, from Clinton to Johnson, Sanders and Stein, running for office who can prove

living and working in the US who need cities to claim legal residency on their side of the border:
www.earnedamnesty.org

programs, the resources can go directly into solutions,not fighting in the media over problems.

Isn't that interesting --- the only two stations on the entire list whose licenses could legally be used for commercial broadcasting. Selling shit.

Dear Pogo:
No all stations under Pacifica are for nonprofit only under the by laws and foundation policies.

What I mean is the creditors purposely set up Pacifica to fail so when they sue for assets, THEN they can seize and sell off the stations that are in commercial markets in NY and CA so they can make the highest profits off that. It's because these two stations happen to be in those radio markets competing with commercial interests. The other stations aren't as valuable, so the creditors aren't going to target those as readily.
the other ones are clearly in nonprofit markets,
it's just WBAI in NY and the original station in Berkeley that the creditors can't resist selling these to higher paying commercial interests. So the plan is to seize them for pennies on the dollar, and sell them for multimillions on the market.

Upsetting to me that the high rolling Democrats and liberals and their donors, like Soros or anyone else who gave to Obama or Clinton, can't invest to save this priceless set of assets for the real liberals to exercise representation of their social justice movement and community building.

Infinitely tragic that they pour billions into losing media campaigns, and can't raise a few million to save a whole set of stations at their disposal. Sick and sad.

Yes Mac1958

See www.10million.net

veterans
inmates
immigrants
dreamers
workers

www.earnedamnesty.org

Dear Pogo:
No all stations under Pacifica are for nonprofit only under the by laws and foundation policies.

What I mean is the creditors purposely set up Pacifica to fail so when they sue for assets, THEN they can seize and sell off the stations that are in commercial markets in NY and CA so they can make the highest profits off that. It's because these two stations happen to be in those radio markets competing with commercial interests. The other stations aren't as valuable, so the creditors aren't going to target those as readily.
the other ones are clearly in nonprofit markets,
it's just WBAI in NY and the original station in Berkeley that the creditors can't resist selling these to higher paying commercial interests. So the plan is to seize them for pennies on the dollar, and sell them for multimillions on the market.

Upsetting to me that the high rolling Democrats and liberals and their donors, like Soros or anyone else who gave to Obama or Clinton, can't invest to save this priceless set of assets for the real liberals to exercise representation of their social justice movement and community building.

Infinitely tragic that they pour billions into losing media campaigns, and can't raise a few million to save a whole set of stations at their disposal. Sick and sad.

I know what Pacifica does --- I'm noting that the two stations cited -- KPFA and WBAI --- are the only two that are licensed to non-restricted frequencies. In other words if you bought WBAI you could run it as a commercial station (which it used to be before Pacifica bought it). That's not true for KPFK or KPFT or WPFW. Those are all licensed to noncommercial freeqs (everything below 92)

So if you're saying KPFA and WBAI are being targeted, that would be why. Even though KPFK has the biggest signal of all of them --- you can't sell stuff on 90.7. So if they're targeting WBAI (99
5) and KPFA (94.1) specifically it indicates much about the motivations.

Down the road if they try to go after, say, WNYC (93.9) we'll have confirmation of the same motivation.

(WNYC is a public radio station in NYC affiliated with NPR -- its transmitter facilities, like at least half of New York's FM/TV services, were destroyed when the South Tower of the World Trade Center was attacked on 9/11)

Last edited:
I'd like to answer, but I am an Independent Conservative and apparently I don't exist according to your choices.

I'd like to answer, but I am an Independent Conservative and apparently I don't exist according to your choices.

Yes you are included saveliberty
as Independent YES or Independent NO.

I assume you are an Independent who does question the media
for bias (and or agenda). I think the question is more about questioning
the media you prefer, and still checking against your own bias.

Exactly. "Independent" is not specific to "conservative" or not-- it just means you don't associate with a political party, the "Demoblican" or "Republicrat" or whatever they are.

Yes Mac1958

See www.10million.net

veterans
inmates
immigrants
dreamers
workers

www.earnedamnesty.org

Youre getting WAY ahead of the fundamental issues of a business plan and how they select mgt and leadership. Last year, they (the commune that thinks they run the place) decertified the ENTIRE board of directors because they wanted to change to the NPR model and allow some corporate sponsorship. Pacifica expanded way beyond what "listener funded" would allow. No conspiracy to ruin them.

They've been a warring democracy since the 80s. With no real listening base outreach or business savvy.

Yes Mac1958

See www.10million.net

veterans
inmates
immigrants
dreamers
workers

www.earnedamnesty.org

Youre getting WAY ahead of the fundamental issues of a business plan and how they select mgt and leadership. Last year, they (the commune that thinks they run the place) decertified the ENTIRE board of directors because they wanted to change to the NPR model and allow some corporate sponsorship. Pacifica expanded way beyond what "listener funded" would allow. No conspiracy to ruin them.

They've been a warring democracy since the 80s. With no real listening base outreach or business savvy.

I think what she's referring to is the landlord at the Empire State Building tower space (from which WBAI has transmitted since 1965) jacked up the rent to somewhere over half a million bucks a year. The court sided with the landlord, hence the financial crisis. Although I wasn't aware there was a plot to target the two commercial-able licenses --- that speaks eloquently of motivations.

I don't know what BAI's plans are but they could certainly relocate their transmission elsewhere, at the expense of some signal (and new equipment although nowhere near half a million bucks).

Last edited:

No the poll simply ignores Democrat/Conservatives, Republican/Liberals and considers Independents neither Conservative nor Liberal.

No the poll simply ignores Democrat/Conservatives, Republican/Liberals and considers Independents neither Conservative nor Liberal.

You do have a point -- somebody could certainly be a conservative Democrat or liberal Republican.
Billy Graham and Zell Miller were both Democrats f'rinstance.

Might have better to have just left the parties out.

I don't hear or see a single news source that consistently provides fair and balanced reporting.

Forum List

Back