Poll: Americans Turn Pessimistic about Economy

Perhaps. Yet where I work, steel industry, we just added a fourth shift, so we are now going 24/7. Haven't done that since October, 2008.

Then you are one in a 100, we have steel suppliers and fabrication shops all over the country who are hurting for business. The phones rings off the hook with salespeople looking to sell steel and others looking to manufacture something. I have been in the Steel Industry for over 25 years, we manufacture handling equipment for steel processing and also customers who move finished products made with steel.

Some of more notable clients are Caterpillar, Roper Corporation, County and State Government Institutions, every single one of them is on budget restrictions and lower staff then they were in 2008, while business has improved slightly in the last few years, they are a long way to a full work force.

Only reason business has improved is after 2-3 years of purchasing almost nothing, you get to a point where things need to be replaced, the small improvement is not because the economy is improving that well, it is out of do or die necessity.

The average price for a pound of A-36 steel is up to 47 cents, while WF Beams are averaging 49 cents a pound. Up 30-35% form a few years ago.

Then you start adding fuel costs for shipping and all the government required paperwork and mandates that raise costs, very few companies in Manufacturing are hiring or planning any major upgrades.

About the only business we see hiring in large numbers are the Korean owned Companies moving here because of tax breaks from States and the fact they can get cheap labor from manufacturing workers that will take super low pay because the have been out of work so long.

So, yes from what I see and find from most of our customers, Americans and business is very Pessimistic about the current administration.

Last edited:
Perhaps. Yet where I work, steel industry, we just added a fourth shift, so we are now going 24/7. Haven't done that since October, 2008.

Then you are one in a 100, we have steel suppliers and fabrication shops all over the country who are hurting for business.

Old Rocks thinks his personal anecdotal story, which is probably false, can be passed off as economic analysis.

In reality, he will say anything to protect his food stamps like most of the freak Leftists on here.

Not at all, Widyo Willyo. It is just that we are gaining about 350,000 jobs a month, instead of losing 750,000 a month as your man had us doing in 2008. Still too slow, but that is an improvement of over 1,000,000 jobs a month.

blow that lie up somebody else's ass. I'm closed.

Now Widyo Willyo, never had any interest in your ass.:lol:

Sheesh, negged:( A woman scorned:evil: Perhaps I should reconsider:lol:

The Dems obviously need the economy to be in some kind of identifiable upward trajectory on election day, and that's looking less and less likely at this point. We're heading back down, and the only question is how far and for how long. Will the electorate blame the meltdown or Obama?

For the Dems, that means more and more attention paid to what they feel are winnable social issues.

While I hate partisan politics, at least it's predictable.

Boy they're quick ! Only took them 8 years to figure it out ! :eusa_shhh:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9xQTqMEUU]Gerald Celente: Cover-Up, not recovery! - YouTube[/ame]

Then you are one in a 100, we have steel suppliers and fabrication shops all over the country who are hurting for business.

Old Rocks thinks his personal anecdotal story, which is probably false, can be passed off as economic analysis.

In reality, he will say anything to protect his food stamps like most of the freak Leftists on here.

I just noticed "fourth shift"

Wow, wish I had a job that I worked 6 hours a day :lol:

LOL. Here we go again. 'Conservative' talking point that 'Libruls' are lazy, on food stamps. Yet it is we in the Blue States that support your lazy asses in the Red States.

No food stamps. Just a job that required I work 12 1/2 hrs yesterday and 10 today. And I am one of those middle class earners that is not only blue collar, but sees a gross of very low six figures for three of the four past years.

But this is the internet, so I could just as well claim to make a million a year, also.:lol:

While I hate partisan politics, at least it's predictable.

You will vote for Obama again, who is the most partisan hack POTUS in American history.

Spare us the crocodile tears.

Nope. I'll be voting third party. I have too many intractable disagreements with both "major" parties. I'll be spending October analyzing the options. I realize that may be a little complicated for a partisan ideologue to grasp, but it is what it is.

I'm ashamed to admit that I voted for McCain in 2008, despite the presence of Palin, because I felt that Obama was simply not qualified, too much of an unknown, and too much of a "celebrity". I regretted the vote the minute I walked out of the polling place, I knew I should have voted third party. I won't make a similar mistake again.

SniperFire, I'm willing to be honest at all times. That's why you and I don't get along.

Last edited:

Stupid ass. 12 hr rotating shifts. But someone that is on welfare would not know about such things, now, would they:eusa_whistle:

I'm willing to be honest at all times.

You are a Leftist dweeb that pretends not to be one on internet forums.

The internet is full of them.

Predictable response. Understandable.

A partisan ideologue's worst enemy is not someone from the other "side". It's the person who thinks independently.

Last edited:

Stupid ass. 12 hr rotating shifts. But someone that is on welfare would not know about such things, now, would they:eusa_whistle:

You said

So you have Four 12 hours shift per day?

Who is the Stupid Ass?

If a shift is 12 hours, that is Two shifts per day ...... unless someone changed 24 hours in a day and forget to tell me.

Must be Lib Math :cuckoo:

I think America should be more like Europe.

Most Libs would love for America to be like France but really would prefer America
to be Greece x2....

Well if they have it their way it will be like Greece x2 in short order. All they have to do is get the LMSM to lie some more so their messiah gets re-elected.

I think American people are much smarter than Obama thinks. He's used to organizing communities with little or no education, they want so bad to have a better life they believe his lies about how he's gonna do that. When in fact, he's keeping them enslaved with government hand outs instead of giving them the tools they need to get out!! All this just to ensure they vote for him.

Still too slow

In fact, worst ever.

'While many argue the financial nature of the recent recession means recovery should be slow, other recoveries stemming from similar downturns in the past didn't go as tepidly as today.

Even the Great Depression saw stronger snapbacks between downturns.

"Threats of higher taxes, the constantly increasing regulatory burden, the failure to pursue an aggressive trade policy that will open markets to U.S. exports, and the enormous increase in government spending all are growth impediments," writes Lazear, who was chairman of the President's Council of Economic Advisers from 2006-2009.

"Policies have focused on short-run changes and gimmicks — recall cash for clunkers and first-time home buyer credits — rather than on creating conditions that are favorable to investment that raise productivity and wages," writes Lazear, now a professor at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business and a Hoover Institution fellow.'

Stanford

Vote responsibly next time, peeps.

From the article:
"writes Edward Lazear, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush and Stanford professor."

Yawn, just another election ploy.

Why listen to that guy he is one of the ones who helped to create this mess.

Last edited:

Liar. How dare you insinuate that Stefunny doesn't have her finger on the pulse of America and other places we won't mention.

wtf? I posted what THE POLL said idiot

It's all good...I REALLY don't want to know where else your finger has been.

I think America should be more like Europe.

Most Libs would love for America to be like France but really would prefer America
to be Greece x2....

Well if they have it their way it will be like Greece x2 in short order. All they have to do is get the LMSM to lie some more so their messiah gets re-elected.

I think American people are much smarter than Obama thinks. He's used to organizing communities with little or no education, they want so bad to have a better life they believe his lies about how he's gonna do that. When in fact, he's keeping them enslaved with government hand outs instead of giving them the tools they need to get out!! All this just to ensure they vote for him.

When in fact, he's keeping them enslaved with government hand outs instead of giving them the tools they need to get out!! All this just to ensure they vote for him.

Well this is what makes the Democrat Party the Democrat Party... :eusa_whistle:

to be Greece x2....

When in fact, he's keeping them enslaved with government hand outs instead of giving them the tools they need to get out!! All this just to ensure they vote for him.

Well this is what makes the Democrat Party the Democrat Party... :eusa_whistle:

GWB was a Democrat?

Forum List

Back