Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection

Given the present field from the GOP, President Obama will be a two term president. The real question is, will the voters address the real issue and boot the ignorant obstructionists out of the Congress and Senate so we can get on with the business of this nation.

If 33% fear Obama getting reelected the most. Then 67% don't.

So 2-1 people don't fear Obama getting reelected.

Twisting around silly polls to confirm biases is fun!

if 16% fear him not being re-elected 84 does that mean 84% fear him being re-elected? No it doesn't.

You are just wrong this time article........33 out of 100 fear him getting re-elected while 16 out of 100 fear him not getting re-elected...that is a 2:1 ratio as far as 2012 fears that relate to obama in this poll.

Sorry Plymco, but your completely off base here.

The title of the thread states specifically that "Americans 2 to 1 Fear Obama's re-election".

It did not state "84% of Americans do not fear Obama will lose the election".

The absence of fear does not imply confidence, and the absence of confidence does not imply fear.

There's a clear middle ground. One can either not care at all, or one can not "fear" either outcome.

So, the OP is in fact completely false.

most Americans not only fear the modern day Castro, its also having to see his boring meaningless speeches on a weekly basis,,,1/2 of them blaming someone else or an earthquake for his most recent screw-ups.

After 8 years of arrogance and idiocy from your man and party, you have little to say about the direction of this nation that is worth listening to. After 2012, you will have even less to say.:lol:

I'm not making any excuses, asshat. I am asking why you whine about this one and not the libtard ones. Because you're a dishonest fuck who cares more about his party and his Obamessiah than about honesty.

Umm, no.

And conversely, why were you defending this one when you know that it's purposely inaccurate, without the ceveat: "Of those whose top fear involves Obama" ?

Are you the hack who puts party 1st that you just proclaimed me to be, in such a mean spirited manor?

Did you not call people morons for pointing out that this thread/article title is bunk, although you knew that yourself?

G'lord
you're morons for whining about the thread at all.

You don't like the title... big fucking deal.
you think it's dishonest, and you don't like dishonesty... big fucking deal.

See to the plank in your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone elses.

As has been explained repeatedly, the ratio in the thread title of 2-1 is technically correct.

You don't like the implication, so your whining.

Tissue?

Not whining at all. Just pointing out that 'Conservatives' are dumb shits that have no grasp of math. But what would you expect of people that are spoon fed their opinions by an obese junkie. 2012!

you're morons for whining about the thread at all.

You don't like the title... big fucking deal.
you think it's dishonest, and you don't like dishonesty... big fucking deal.

See to the plank in your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone elses.

As has been explained repeatedly, the ratio in the thread title of 2-1 is technically correct.

You don't like the implication, so your whining.

Tissue?

Yeah...

What the fuck is the point of having a discussion at all if your just going to blatantly lie about the facts of what you post?

There is a 2-1 ratio, yes, but it has nothing to do with the title of the thread.

That's like saying "I have 4 blue cars, 2 red cars and 12 green cars, therefore 66% of my cars are blue."

It's a logical fallacy, and it deserves to be pointed out if we wish to have a rational discussion.

Your guy made a false statement, and was corrected. Now, get over it.

Last edited:
Given the present field from the GOP, President Obama will be a two term president. The real question is, will the voters address the real issue and boot the ignorant obstructionists out of the Congress and Senate so we can get on with the business of this nation.

We don't agree often but I think there is a 50/50 chance you are right this time.

If 33% fear Obama getting reelected the most. Then 67% don't.

So 2-1 people don't fear Obama getting reelected.

Twisting around silly polls to confirm biases is fun!

if 16% fear him not being re-elected 84 does that mean 84% fear him being re-elected? No it doesn't.

You are just wrong this time article........33 out of 100 fear him getting re-elected while 16 out of 100 fear him not getting re-elected...that is a 2:1 ratio as far as 2012 fears that relate to obama in this poll.

The title of the thread states specifically that "Americans 2 to 1 Fear Obama's re-election".

The absence of fear does not imply confidence, and the absence of confidence does not imply fear.

There's a clear middle ground. One can either not care at all, or one can not "fear" either outcome.

Ok so you ask 100 people "what do you fear most in 2012"

33 say "Obama getting re-elected"
16 say "Obama not getting re-elected"

What is the ratio of those who fear his re-election vs those who fear a lack of it in the poll?

2:1

Thats all I'm getting at here.....the analasys of the poll's results is correct even if the method the polling was done in may be suspect

Last edited:

What is the ratio of those who fear his re-election vs those who fear a lack of it in the poll?

But the TITLE of the thread is: Americans Fear Obama being re-elected 2-1, which is a logical fallacy, as the term "Americans" indicates a group including ALL Americans, not just a 49% subgroup of the respondents.

That is not the same thing at all because there are 51% of respondents to the poll that didn't fear Obama being elected, but were not part of either group.

If I have 4 Blue cars, 2 Red cars and 12 Green cars, the fact that 16 of my cars are not blue, does not in any way imply that those 16 cars are red.

But the TITLE of the thread is: Americans Fear Obama being re-elected 2-1, which is a logical fallacy, as the term "Americans" indicates a group including ALL Americans, not just a 49% subgroup of the respondents.

That is not the same thing at all because there are 51% of respondents to the poll that didn't fear Obama being elected, but were not part of either group.

If I have 4 Blue cars, 2 Red cars and 12 Green cars, the fact that 16 of my cars are not blue, does not in any way imply that those 16 cars are red.

If the title read "When polled about what you fear most in 2012 33% said 2nd term obama while 16% said no 2nd term obama for a 2:1 ratio of not wanting a 2nd term to wanting one" Would that have been ok?

I thought people were taking issue with the 2:1 part of the results, not the thread title.

As far as your car exmaple (nice choice with cars considering my work is cars ;)) you have a 3:1 ratio of green to blue, a 6:1 of green to red, and a 2:1 of red to blue. So I can say that for every 3 green cars you buy you also buy a blue one.

Just like the person who made the thread can say for every 2 people who don't want obama to get re-elected there is one who does want him.

If the title read "When polled about what you fear most in 2012 33% said 2nd term obama while 16% said no 2nd term obama for a 2:1 ratio of not wanting a 2nd term to wanting one" Would that have been ok?

Yes, that would have been OK.

I thought people were taking issue with the 2:1 part of the results, not the thread title.

As far as your car exmaple (nice choice with cars considering my work is cars ;)) you have a 3:1 ratio of green to blue, a 6:1 of green to red, and a 2:1 of red to blue. So I can say that for every 3 green cars you buy you also buy a blue one.

Just like the person who made the thread can say for every 2 people who don't want obama to get re-elected there is one who does want him.

No, that is untrue. There are only numbers for fear listed, not numbers for who doesn't want him to be re-elected.

Among the 51% or respondents that are not listed among the "Fear" people, there may be any kind of support margin.

Hell, for all we know from the poll, 100% of the missing respondents could be Obama supporters, meaning that Americans support Obama 2-1.

Forum List

Back