Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection

It's only a 2/3 ratio if you disregard 50% of the total unscientific poll result. You people are giving me a headache.

I can not help it if you refuse to accept the facts.

Good god man, The headline says "Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection" period. Americans meaning ALL Americans 100%. It's a lie meant to mislead and here are all these people trying to make it something other than a LIE. Accept this for what it is, a lie, condemn it and move on.

that would make ALL polls, ever, lies unless they ask every single American.

moron.

Morons, the lot of you.

The first commentor on the page got it spot on...

No, the author got it right. The poll isn't "Do you fear Obama losing or Obama winning more?", it's "Which of these events do you fear the most?".

Of those whose top fear involves Obama, 2:1 fear him winning rather than him losing.

The other 51% in the poll fear something other than Obama, whether he wins or loses.

again... morons.

Oh, we're morons because "Of those whose top fear involves Obama" was not stipulated in the dishonest thread title and the dishonest article title?>

Cuz I thought it said: "Americans, 2-1 fear Obama's re-election"

Which is saying something COMPLETELY different.............but then, honesty MATTERS!?!?!?!?

If they want a poll on whether or not people support Obama being re-elected, then ask them that, for chrissakes.

Do you support Obama being re-elected?

Yes or no.

It's not that hard.

It's only a 2/3 ratio if you disregard 50% of the total unscientific poll result. You people are giving me a headache.

Good god man, The headline says "Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection" period. Americans meaning ALL Americans 100%. It's a lie meant to mislead and here are all these people trying to make it something other than a LIE. Accept this for what it is, a lie, condemn it and move on.

Just because you can not, or will not, comprehend the truth doesn't make you right.
If there had only been two answers and 51 people just didn't give an answer than you would be right.

^ makes the point quite exactly.

Morons, the lot of you.

No, the author got it right. The poll isn't "Do you fear Obama losing or Obama winning more?", it's "Which of these events do you fear the most?".

Of those whose top fear involves Obama, 2:1 fear him winning rather than him losing.

The other 51% in the poll fear something other than Obama, whether he wins or loses.

again... morons.

Oh, we're morons because "Of those whose top fear involves Obama" was not stipulated in the dishonest thread title and the dishonest article title?>

Which is saying something COMPLETELY different.............but then, honesty MATTERS!?!?!?!?
Whiner. I wasn't aware thread titles had to meet your approval. How about all the dishonest thread titles started by Democrats and libtards? Why aren't you squealing like a butt-fucked pig about those?

If you'd bothered to read the Op article, you'd know what the questions were, and why the numbers say what they do.

Just because you can not, or will not, comprehend the truth doesn't make you right.
If there had only been two answers and 51 people just didn't give an answer than you would be right.

If the poll matched the headline, you'd be right. It doesn't.

Morons, the lot of you.

again... morons.

Whiner. I wasn't aware thread titles had to meet your approval. How about all the dishonest thread titles started by Democrats and libtards? Why aren't you squealing like a butt-fucked pig about those?

If you'd bothered to read the Op article, you'd know what the questions were, and why the numbers say what they do.

So now you're punting to "but theres other dishonest thread titles," after calling us morons for being correct about this one? Grow up.

Does this poll suggest to you that a 2/3 majority of Americans oppose Obama's reelection as it was meant to?

So now you're punting to "but theres other dishonest thread titles," after calling us morons for being correct about this one? Grow up.

I'm not making any excuses, asshat. I am asking why you whine about this one and not the libtard ones. Because you're a dishonest fuck who cares more about his party and his Obamessiah than about honesty.

He does stuff like that when he's losing an argument.

If the poll matched the headline, you'd be right. It doesn't.

when did that rule begin? That thread titles must match the linked article headlines, or GT and his buddies will pitch a fucking fit?

Please.

Does this poll suggest to you that a 2/3 majority of Americans oppose Obama's reelection as it was meant to?

No. It tells me that for every one that fears Obama will loss 2 fear he will win. A 2-1 margin. Nowhere does it say 2/3 of americans fear. You are twisting the poll to conform to what you want.

I'm not making any excuses, asshat. I am asking why you whine about this one and not the libtard ones. Because you're a dishonest fuck who cares more about his party and his Obamessiah than about honesty.

Umm, no.

And conversely, why were you defending this one when you know that it's purposely inaccurate, without the ceveat: "Of those whose top fear involves Obama" ?

Are you the hack who puts party 1st that you just proclaimed me to be, in such a mean spirited manor?

Did you not call people morons for pointing out that this thread/article title is bunk, although you knew that yourself?

G'lord

No. It tells me that for every one that fears Obama will loss 2 fear he will win. A 2-1 margin. Nowhere does it say 2/3 of americans fear. You are twisting the poll to conform to what you want.

libtards are so dishonest, they've convinced themselves they are honest.

No, that's also inaccurate.

It's "for every one who chooses Obama losing as their MOST feared story of 2012, (not simply people who fear Obama losing, as your sentence disengenuously implied), 2 choose Obama winning as their MOST feared story of 2012."

The thread title isn't accurate but most of the math in this thread is faulty too.

An accurate thread title would be...

People fear that Obama will be re-elected by a ratio of 2:1 to those who fear he won't be re-eleected.

Or people picked Obama being re-elected as their number one fear twice as often as they picked him not being re-elected.

Those are accurate statements but saying that people didn't fear him being re-elected by 66% is just as dishonest. The other 66% simply had other things they feared more but either of these could have ranked second for all we know.

Last edited:

Umm, no.

And conversely, why were you defending this one when you know that it's purposely inaccurate, without the ceveat: "Of those whose top fear involves Obama" ?

Are you the hack who puts party 1st that you just proclaimed me to be, in such a mean spirited manor?

Did you not call people morons for pointing out that this thread/article title is bunk, although you knew that yourself?

G'lord
you're morons for whining about the thread at all.

You don't like the title... big fucking deal.
you think it's dishonest, and you don't like dishonesty... big fucking deal.

See to the plank in your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone elses.

As has been explained repeatedly, the ratio in the thread title of 2-1 is technically correct.

You don't like the implication, so your whining.

Tissue?

The writer of the article was the one twisting things, we just untwisted it. Read the red text in the OP, he certainly thought it was a majority opinion as well as the other guy who posted a similar topic. It is almost like a practical joke on the reading impaired.

The thread title isn't accurate but most of the math in this thread is faulty too.

An accurate thread title would be...

People fear that Obama will be re-elected by a ratio of 2:1 to those who fear he won't be re-eleected.

Or people picked Obama being re-elected twice as their number one fear twice as often as they picked him not being re-elected.

Those are accurate statements but saying that people didn't fear him being re-elected by 66% is just as dishonest. The other 66% simply had other things they feared more but either of these could have ranked second for all we know.

But you left out "chose as their biggest fear of 2012,"

Because people can fear Obama being re-elected by a margin of 10:1, 100:1, or 1:100 - but this poll is about the people with that as their BIGGEST FEAR OF 2012.

Forum List

Back