Politics in new york - for the record

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Some of you right wing morons apparently are completely unaware of this, so I will state it for the record.

The current mayor of New York was first elected as a REPUBLICAN. He was then re-elected as a REPUBLICAN. For his third term, he ran as an INDEPENDENT. He has NEVER been elected as a Democrat.

The mayor before him was also - REPUBLICAN. In fact, THE LAST DEMOCRATIC MAYOR OF NEW YORK LEFT OFFICE 19 YEARS AGO. Saying that NYC is run by the Democrats is as accurate and timely as saying Alabama is run by Democrats.

Last edited:
Bloomberg governs as a democrat. No matter what he says, he shows the exact same selfishness as if he were a democrat.

Some of you right wing morons apparently are completely unaware of this, so I will state it for the record.

The current mayor of New York was first elected as a REPUBLICAN. He was then re-elected as a REPUBLICAN. For his third term, he ran as an INDEPENDENT. He has NEVER been elected as a Democrat.

The mayor before him was also - REPUBLICAN. In fact, THE LAST DEMOCRATIC MAYOR OF NEW YORK LEFT OFFICE 19 YEARS AGO. Saying that NYC is run by the Democrats is as accurate and timely as saying Alabama is run by Democrats.

They need another Negro like Dinkins. Except then they'd need another real Republican like Giuliani to clean up the mess the Dimocrat left again.

He's still a liberal.

STFU.

Talked to my friend in Long Island this morning.

He said he was okay.

They don't have gas, he's still unemployed, and when I asked him if he had voted he didn't know what to say. Too many more important issues than voting. He's just broke and trying to get by.

Just the way the left likes em.

Bloomberg used to be a Democrat then turned to a Republican then to an independent. Just like Charlie Christ except Christ started as a Rep

From his Wikipedia page
A Democrat before seeking elective office, Bloomberg switched his registration in 2001 and ran for mayor as a Republican, winning the election that year and a second term in 2005. Bloomberg left the Republican Party over policy and philosophical disagreements with national party leadership in 2007 and ran for his third term in 2009 as an Independent candidate on the Republican ballot line
Who is to say he wont switch again but who would vote for this fucker again after he has screwed NY with Hurricane Sandy

Bloomberg ran as a Republican because he wanted to ride on Rudy's coattails.

Bloomberg is a RINO. You have to be a total fucking moron to think otherwise.

Did you know that the reason it's taking so long to clean up after Sandy is because Bloomberg won't let the clean up crews use cups bigger than 16 ounces to remove water? (Nah, that's my brothers joke)

Everyone else in NYC government is a Democrat

Bloomberg ran as a Republican because he wanted to ride on Rudy's coattails.

Bloomberg is a RINO. You have to be a total fucking moron to think otherwise.

Did you know that the reason it's taking so long to clean up after Sandy is because Bloomberg won't let the clean up crews use cups bigger than 16 ounces to remove water? (Nah, that's my brothers joke)

Everyone else in NYC government is a Democrat

OomPoop thinks otherwise.

New England has its share of liberal Republicans, and Micheal "16 ounce" Bloomberg is definitely one of them.

Instead of being dazzled by the "R" after his name, just look at his policies and actions.

He's a big donor to Planned Parenthood and is pro-choice.

During the ObamaCare battle, Bloomberg called for the public option.

This guy is to the left of Obama.

The last New England Republican I can recall being this far left was Lowell Weicker.

Bloomberg needs his own country, he's too great a man to be limited by our system of government. He knows what's best for you, what you should eat, how you should live and will gladly impose his will on you

I know how much you guys like to claim that Bloomberg is a "liberal" - but "liberal" doesn't mean "anything I dislike".

Bloomberg is to the right of everyone who ran against him in the three elections he's had. He's appeared under the Republican row on the ballot all three times he's ran. He might not be as "right wing" as you guys want him to be, but that doesn't mean anything.

Forum List

Back