Politico: Fleeing a Sinking Ship

S&P downgraded US Treasuries to AA+

If Obama was in trouble before, now he's absolutely frakked.
Which is exactly what I knew would happen irrespective of the latest vote. I mean, it's not as if the world doesn't know how in the toilet our debt is and that Obama has made it far worse. The investment risk in the USA is way too high.

Indeed. Anyone with enough sense to come out of the rain knew the downgrade was inevitable, thus the past few weeks sell off's. Yesterday was the meltdown, but there will be worse to come. Truth is, US is not a good place to be right now, but there are far worse places to be.

I'll be thrilled if history proves me wrong, and if ever a people were to buck history, the US would be that; it seems our 'time' is gone. We squandered it. It's not Obama, it's what led to his being elected, fairly. Many passionately still think he's wonderful and will vote for him again.
I hope we CAN recover from this. While true that we have in the past because of solid American exceptionalism, this administration tells us that's a bad thing to have.

So, things are very, very different now.

Which is exactly what I knew would happen irrespective of the latest vote. I mean, it's not as if the world doesn't know how in the toilet our debt is and that Obama has made it far worse. The investment risk in the USA is way too high.

Indeed. Anyone with enough sense to come out of the rain knew the downgrade was inevitable, thus the past few weeks sell off's. Yesterday was the meltdown, but there will be worse to come. Truth is, US is not a good place to be right now, but there are far worse places to be.

I'll be thrilled if history proves me wrong, and if ever a people were to buck history, the US would be that; it seems our 'time' is gone. We squandered it. It's not Obama, it's what led to his being elected, fairly. Many passionately still think he's wonderful and will vote for him again.
I hope we CAN recover from this. While true that we have in the past because of solid American exceptionalism, this administration tells us that's a bad thing to have.

The only caveat to 'the USA time's being over' is the fact that it's been exceptional, historically. A bunch of colonists standing up to a major power for nearly a decade, before the major power backed down. It was worn down, not defeated. Yes, it's obligations regarding other troubles helped.

Will the USA go the way of it's founder? Time will tell, but it's really unlikely that we'll end up on the good side of the problems. However, our short history might prove me wrong. Lord knows, I pray that it be so.

Granted, the MSM will pull for Papa Obama; but the "tools" will be limited
It will be a tougher sell

-The race card won't work twice for anyone that voted for him the first time
-The lack of vetting. again, will not matter since he has a record now and the MSM and people
will not be able to "impose" their perception on him as easily

Straight up, it will be a tougher "bag of goods" to sell to the American people next time around

Would that be a steaming bag of goods?

The only caveat to 'the USA time's being over' is the fact that it's been exceptional, historically. A bunch of colonists standing up to a major power for nearly a decade, before the major power backed down. It was worn down, not defeated. Yes, it's obligations regarding other troubles helped.

Will the USA go the way of it's founder? Time will tell, but it's really unlikely that we'll end up on the good side of the problems. However, our short history might prove me wrong. Lord knows, I pray that it be so.

Throughout my life, America has been compared to Rome. Looks like Carthage is a better comparitor.

Thanks, Big 0. you put us in our place.

Obama is living the Progressive Dream Presidency: Record number of people unemployed, on food stamps and homeless, record deficits of inconceivable numbers, debt up to 100% of GDP, and finally got control over our lives through ObamaCare.

Downgraded. First time in our History. Hopey Changey Land aint no Fairy Tale. It's just a very sad nightmare. :(

Obama: The Downgraded President

So does this mean that Obama can hold a "Mission Accomplished" rally with the words spelled out by Treasury employees in the parkinglot of a US Mint?

Speaking of sinking,,,,,

With Downgrade, time to remove boondoggle of ObamaCare off the back of the US economy

Indeed,
with the Left mantra of "more tax more tax", they say PapaObama is off the table

Even CBO says PapoObama Care kills jobs

CBO Says ObamaCare Will Kill 800,000 Jobs
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jskjci1ZL9Q]‪800,000 Jobs Gone: CBO Admits Health Care Law Will Kill Jobs‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Some studies have shown that PapaObama care is having a real impact on
killing jobs NOW

Analysis: Job Growth Was 10-Fold Higher Before the Democrats Passed Obamacare

“Private-sector job creation initially recovered from the recession at a normal rate, leading to predictions last year of a “Recovery Summer.” Since April 2010, however, net private-sector job creation has stalled. Within two months of the passage of Obamacare, the job market stopped improving. This suggests that businesses are not exaggerating when they tell pollsters that the new health care law is holding back hiring.”

Sherk writes that Obamacare “discourages employers from hiring in several ways:

They've spent 50 year training American Exceptionalism out of every child forced into public schools, universities and buried the rest under illegal immigrants and foreign visas. Does this instinct yet survive?

They've spent 50 year training American Exceptionalism out of every child forced into public schools, universities and buried the rest under illegal immigrants and foreign visas. Does this instinct yet survive?

For America,
Lasting glory, increasing prosperity, and fortuitous destiny.
Dorothy Dunnett.

It's gonna be hard to lay blame for this on the tea party.any one with a brain know they were the only ones consistent in the fact they wanted more cuts.That's the responsible thing here.This bill seems ok until you take a good look at it.It takes years for it to kick in and in 10 years time if we do nothing more will add more debt...How does this make sense to anyone.

Speaking of sinking,,,,,

With Downgrade, time to remove boondoggle of ObamaCare off the back of the US economy

Indeed,
with the Left mantra of "more tax more tax", they say PapaObama is off the table

‪800,000 Jobs Gone: CBO Admits Health Care Law Will Kill Jobs‬‏ - YouTube

killing jobs NOW

“Private-sector job creation initially recovered from the recession at a normal rate, leading to predictions last year of a “Recovery Summer.” Since April 2010, however, net private-sector job creation has stalled. Within two months of the passage of Obamacare, the job market stopped improving. This suggests that businesses are not exaggerating when they tell pollsters that the new health care law is holding back hiring.”

One benefit of the downgrade (and yes there IS a benefit), is the supply of fairy sprinkles is drying up faster than all getout.

And when the fairy sprinkles run out... there will be ZERO option left but to cut garbabe that the feddies have long since been protecting as vote buyers. Voter anger will be pushing levels not seen since the early 1930's aimed squarely at the president's party.

Combine that with that state supplemental fundng will be shredded, which will force them to stop local supplemental aid, forcing local towns to start cutting programs too.

There is SOME good that will come of this. The small catch? An incredible amount of financial pain this nation is about to experience. Like surgery, you gotta cut out the bad, before healing can begin.

But only until Novermber 2nd, 2012.

Speaking of sinking,,,,,

Indeed,

killing jobs NOW

One benefit of the downgrade (and yes there IS a benefit), is the supply of fairy sprinkles is drying up faster than all getout.

And when the fairy sprinkles run out... there will be ZERO option left but to cut garbabe that the feddies have long since been protecting as vote buyers. Voter anger will be pushing levels not seen since the early 1930's aimed squarely at the president's party.

Combine that with that state supplemental fundng will be shredded, which will force them to stop local supplemental aid, forcing local towns to start cutting programs too.

There is SOME good that will come of this. The small catch? An incredible amount of financial pain this nation is about to experience. Like surgery, you gotta cut out the bad, before healing can begin.

"...there will be ZERO option left but to cut garbabe that the feddies have long since been protecting..."

So one would hope....but this Medusa has proven very difficult to behead! The following was written in 1978:

1. The result is a fourth branch of government added to the traditional three of executive, legislative and judicial: a vast federal bureaucracy that's now being imitated in too many states and too many cities, a bureaucracy of enormous power which determines policy to a greater extent than any of us realize, very possibly to a greater extent than our own elected representatives. And it can't be removed from office by our votes.

a. To give you an illustration of how bureaucracy works in another country, England in 1803 created a new civil service position. It called for a man to stand on the cliffs of Dover with a spy glass and ring a bell if he saw Napoleon coming. They didn't eliminate that job until 1945. In our own country, there are only two government programs that have been abolished. The government stopped making rum on the Virgin Islands, and we've stopped breeding horses for the cavalry.
Hillsdale College - Imprimis Issue

Reagan wrote it.

Bureaucracy is the bastard child of Woodrow Wilson and the Progressives, the idea written in "The Administrative State."
How ironic that Wilson started it, and Obama may be the coda to the hundred year discordant symphany!

From your lips to God's ears. He is systematically ruining the country and the Useful Idiots are too 'hip-mo-tized' to know it.

From your lips to God's ears. He is systematically ruining the country and the Useful Idiots are too 'hip-mo-tized' to know it.

I think we should consider this 'bump' in the road in the same way as the Lincoln suspension of habeas corpus...
...the electorate tried what they believed to be necessary...now we bounce back.

It's the Buchanan-Carter-Obama Triptych.

(Am I whistling past the graveyard......???)

I think we should consider this 'bump' in the road in the same way as the Lincoln suspension of habeas corpus...
...the electorate tried what they believed to be necessary...now we bounce back.

If you are, I am there with you.

I just don't know. And, honestly, this "America ain't all that" attitude of the left will not help us at all. That is a new development in my lifetime and it is not in the least helpful.

If you are, I am there with you.

I just don't know. And, honestly, this "America ain't all that" attitude of the left will not help us at all. That is a new development in my lifetime and it is not in the least helpful.

Great! I was hopin' for company!

How 'bout we whistle this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSCBNO7_WHw&feature=related]‪Sunnyside Up (1929)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Speaking of sinking,,,,,

Indeed,

killing jobs NOW

"...there will be ZERO option left but to cut garbabe that the feddies have long since been protecting..."

So one would hope....but this Medusa has proven very difficult to behead! The following was written in 1978:

1. The result is a fourth branch of government added to the traditional three of executive, legislative and judicial: a vast federal bureaucracy that's now being imitated in too many states and too many cities, a bureaucracy of enormous power which determines policy to a greater extent than any of us realize, very possibly to a greater extent than our own elected representatives. And it can't be removed from office by our votes.

a. To give you an illustration of how bureaucracy works in another country, England in 1803 created a new civil service position. It called for a man to stand on the cliffs of Dover with a spy glass and ring a bell if he saw Napoleon coming. They didn't eliminate that job until 1945. In our own country, there are only two government programs that have been abolished. The government stopped making rum on the Virgin Islands, and we've stopped breeding horses for the cavalry.

Reagan wrote it.

Bureaucracy is the bastard child of Woodrow Wilson and the Progressives, the idea written in "The Administrative State."
How ironic that Wilson started it, and Obama may be the coda to the hundred year discordant symphany!
Actually the USRA was eliminated twice.

Speaking of sinking,,,,,

Indeed,

killing jobs NOW

Reagan wrote it.

Very true
just like the new boondoggle PapaObama Care

after the downgrade can you really trust what the Left says about finances and the economy
For example PapaObama Care was going to instantly create 400,000 jobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNiLYEiFUMU]‪Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, says Choppy Hands McBotox‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The Countdown to the end of this horrific "Community Organizer" mess is now on. Come on 2012!

Forum List

Back