Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

Ame®icano;1490509 said:
No, not intolerant. I just disagree with almost everything the opposition has to say. They have every right to be wrong.

You proved my point.

Every opposition idea or action that liberals differ will be labeled with one of the following:

Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Imperialist, Bigoted, Intolerant...

Remember amendment to the Senate's immigration bill that would make English the national language?

Harry Reid said: "While the intent may not be there, I really believe this amendment is racist."

HOW did SHE prove YOUR point? :lol::lol::lol:

She used the word wrong and you went on a binge listing all these names she called you,
Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Imperialist, Bigoted, Intolerant... that she never called you?

JUST UNBELIEVABLE!:cuckoo:

care

Ame®icano;1490509 said:
No, not intolerant. I just disagree with almost everything the opposition has to say. They have every right to be wrong.

You proved my point.

Every opposition idea or action that liberals differ will be labeled with one of the following:

Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Imperialist, Bigoted, Intolerant...

Remember amendment to the Senate's immigration bill that would make English the national language?

Harry Reid said: "While the intent may not be there, I really believe this amendment is racist."

She used the word wrong and you went on a binge listing all these names she called you,
Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Imperialist, Bigoted, Intolerant... that she never called you?

care

Did I said she called me any of above?

care
Just to be fair, these are a couple posters who are normally exceptions to the OP's premise.

And they also have their right to be terribly misguided. :D

What you cant seem to figure out is that the Boyscouts were being intolerant to gay people.

Gay people are not monsters to fear, they are merely people.

Do you really think no gay people are in the boys scouts just because they treat gays like monsters to be feared?
And you can't figure out that the Boy Scouts are a private institution, who can freely decide that they don't want gay adult leaders.

As for motivation....Maybe they didn't want to be an equal a running gag as the Catholic church.

That is why they won the case huh?

Now you see the people who are protesting and organizing against the boy scouts have their rights protected too.

None of this would be taking place if the BSs allowed for peopel to be openly gay in the boy scouts. But NOOOOOOOO they have to force the young men and leader to pretend they are not gay if they participate.

Some children are FORCED to attend boy scouts by their parents.

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

So we have people yelling down others trying to speak at town hall meetings and we are pointing out the Left's intolerance of opposing views?

The Left is no worse than the Right. The Right talks about "freedom" but has no problem shutting down freedoms when it conflicts with their own beliefs - whether that is on national security or morality or whatever. When the Left questioned the wars in the Middle East earlier this decade, they were overwhelmingly screamed down as being "unpatriotic" or "unAmerican." The amount of intolerance that is spewed out of the talk radio is staggering.

What you cant seem to figure out is that the Boyscouts were being intolerant to gay people.

Do you really think no gay people are in the boys scouts just because they treat gays like monsters to be feared?
And you can't figure out that the Boy Scouts are a private institution, who can freely decide that they don't want gay adult leaders.

As for motivation....Maybe they didn't want to be an equal a running gag as the Catholic church.

Now you see the people who are protesting and organizing against the boy scouts have their rights protected too.

None of this would be taking place if the BSs allowed for peopel to be openly gay in the boy scouts. But NOOOOOOOO they have to force the young men and leader to pretend they are not gay if they participate.

Some kids are FORCED, by their parents, to eat their spinach too...What's that supposed to prove?

The B.S.A. won because they're a private institution , that doesn't take any in-kind federal cash, so they're completely free to include and exclude who they want for ADULT LEADERS of minor children.

Ame®icano;1490524 said:
Ame®icano;1490476 said:
What about First amendment right of expressive association?

What are you talking about?

I am talking about Supreme Court rulling that reffers to Fisrt amendment.

Um, yeah, got that, know the case, thanks. And your interesting characterization of the First Amendment as granting the right to "expressively associate", whatever that means, relates to the topic at hand how exactly?

Or are you just another one accusing the other "side" of pissing en masse in your real or imagined First Amendment cheerios?

Help me out here, I really want to see your point but you're not making any sense.

What would the leftist reaction be if a pro-life conservative took the National Abortion Rights Action League to court, demanding to be placed in a leadership position within that organization? According to your arguments used against the Boy Scouts, the government should be able to force NARAL to do precisely that.

So we have people yelling down others trying to speak at town hall meetings and we are pointing out the Left's intolerance of opposing views?

The Left is no worse than the Right. The Right talks about "freedom" but has no problem shutting down freedoms when it conflicts with their own beliefs - whether that is on national security or morality or whatever. When the Left questioned the wars in the Middle East earlier this decade, they were overwhelmingly screamed down as being "unpatriotic" or "unAmerican." The amount of intolerance that is spewed out of the talk radio is staggering.
Yeah....There was a lot of that "shouting down" thing going on at the massive protest marches and in the rabble known as "Camp Casey" down in Crawford, TX.

Ame®icano;1490556 said:

What would the leftist reaction be if a pro-life conservative took the National Abortion Rights Action League to court, demanding to be placed in a leadership position within that organization? According to your arguments used against the Boy Scouts, the government should be able to force NARAL to do precisely that.

Being an idiot is not protected under discrimination laws, being gay is.

We would likely laugh our asses off just like we do at most of these peoples insane antics

Yeah....There was a lot of that "shouting down" thing going on at the massive protest marches and in the rabble known as "Camp Casey" down in Crawford, TX.

Do you even realize the purpose of a town hall meeting?

Bush never held them BTW , he didnt give a rats ass what the people had to say.

Ame®icano;1490524 said:
What are you talking about?

Um, yeah, got that, know the case, thanks. And your interesting characterization of the First Amendment as granting the right to "expressively associate", whatever that means, relates to the topic at hand how exactly?

Or are you just another one accusing the other "side" of pissing en masse in your real or imagined First Amendment cheerios?

Help me out here, I really want to see your point but you're not making any sense.

I mentioned Boy Scouts just as an example. Even when Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts liberals kept pushing thier agenda thru other means with no respect to Court ruling.

Ame®icano;1490569 said:
Ame®icano;1490524 said:

I mentioned Boy Scouts just as an example. Even when Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts liberals kept pushing thier agenda thru other means with no respect to Court ruling.

I still fail to see your point. So because they disagree with you, they have no First Amendment rights to their own "expressive association", whatever the hell that means?

And we're right back to the beginning. :lol:

Where was the BSs respect for the rights of gay people from the begining?

Do you even realize the purpose of a town hall meeting?

Bush never held them BTW , he didnt give a rats ass what the people had to say.
Irrelevant.

Besides that, nobody "organized" any rent-a-mobs or union goons to pack houses in order to keep out opposition, nor did the democrat loon hand maidens in the media go out of their way to portray the kookiest of the protesters them as the norm.

Try again.

Ame®icano;1490569 said:

I still fail to see your point. So because they disagree with you, they have no First Amendment rights to their own "expressive association", whatever the hell that means?

And we're right back to the beginning. :lol:

Oh, they do have a right.

Gay Boy Scouts?

Forum List

Back