Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

Last time I checked, we are all individuals accountable for our own actions and not those of others whom we have no control over.

Uh...

If a parent is intellectually capable of educating their child, and they pawn them off on the government donut factory instead because it is too inconvenient for them to do it, they are lazy parents, in my opinion. It is not the government's job to educate your kids or anyone elses.

You are posting from the same chasm the OP is, even if you aren't being hateful.

I guess we all are.

But do conservatives admit that they are intolerant?

Usually they raise quite a stink when they are called this.

Last time I checked, we are all individuals accountable for our own actions and not those of others whom we have no control over.

You are posting from the same chasm the OP is, even if you aren't being hateful.

:clap2:
Treating people as individuals would be a great change of pace, wouldn't it?
It should be the norm instead of the exception. Take away the herd mentality rhetoric in a lot of posts, there isn't much left.

Ame®icano;1490366 said:
I agree with PLYMCO_PILGRIM to some point.

Anyone remembers Boy Scouts of America vs. Dale? It's about Boy Scouts refusing homosexuals to join them because of homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the values. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts due to the First Amendment right of expressive association.

But it didn't stop there. Liberals can't stand anyone who refuse to bow down to their ideology. To diverse leftists, freedom only means that you are free to agree with them. You are not free to disagree. In response to the Court's ruling and the Scouts' refusal to change their code of ethics to accommodate gays, they started national campaign of petitions and protests against the Boy Scouts. Then they proposed bill in Congress that would repeal the federal charter of the Boy Scouts of America and cut their federal funding. That bill didn't pass.

The point is, if far left liberals can't get their way, they will do whatever it takes to get around laws and Constitution to force you to accept their agenda.

This is an example of liberals being intolerant to intolerance.

What about First amendment right of expressive association?

Uh...

If a parent is intellectually capable of educating their child, and they pawn them off on the government donut factory instead because it is too inconvenient for them to do it, they are lazy parents, in my opinion. It is not the government's job to educate your kids or anyone elses.

I guess we all are.

I wrote in a specific situation that a lot of people fall into. If I had said all, or didn't bother to quantify, your attempt at pointing out hypocrisy on my part would be valid.

What you posted was different. If you can't see the difference, remove the wide brush from in front of your eyes, so that you can actually see the difference.

This thread?

I agree. It is sad.

No, the viewpoints. Reverse them to about 6 years ago. Same bitching would be going on, just the sides would be switched:

This isn't what I see happening on tv. Just where is all of this "preaching" taking place? To me, it seems more like, "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY." Disagree with a _____ on any subject and they most often go into a rant about you being a ____, ____, ____, ____, and the list goes on and on. _____ are nothing more than bullies who cry when they can't get their way.

It's like MadLibs, except there's only 2 options to plug in.

I disagree... the din is incredible now.

i just responded to a post that blatantly lies about the "suggested" activities after listening to thepresident's speech; i just read one freaking lunatic who repeatedly called the president things like the "antichrist" and who makes overtly racist comments ... and another moron who called me an "obama worshipper" because i pointed out the insanity of another poster.

i've never had anyone explain to me why i should be "tolerant" of things like that. I thought Bush was the worst president we ever had... but when people were OTT about him, I called them on that, too.

Forgive me, but if you decide that you are going to point out that a particular poster is insane, don't you think that makes it more likely that someone will take a few shots at you in return?

Ame®icano;1490476 said:
Ame®icano;1490366 said:

Anyone remembers Boy Scouts of America vs. Dale? It's about Boy Scouts refusing homosexuals to join them because of homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the values. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts due to the First Amendment right of expressive association.

But it didn't stop there. Liberals can't stand anyone who refuse to bow down to their ideology. To diverse leftists, freedom only means that you are free to agree with them. You are not free to disagree. In response to the Court's ruling and the Scouts' refusal to change their code of ethics to accommodate gays, they started national campaign of petitions and protests against the Boy Scouts. Then they proposed bill in Congress that would repeal the federal charter of the Boy Scouts of America and cut their federal funding. That bill didn't pass.

The point is, if far left liberals can't get their way, they will do whatever it takes to get around laws and Constitution to force you to accept their agenda.

Is your First amendment right being taken away?

Is it within other's First amendment right to express their opposition to another's intolerance?

In the example you mentioned above, the government/courts acted appropriately. The opposition party of civilians then exercised their rights to oppose.

The dude abides.

I love how the right always love the liberal heros.

The dude you so love would think you were an asshole buddy
Ah yes...More projection and tolerance, mixed in with mind reading of a fictional character, from the left.

Always amusing when they live down to stereotype. :lol:

P.S....I'm not "the right", Buckwheat.

*whatever that means anymore. :lol:

Dude is anything but stereotypical X philosophy Ravi.

Ame®icano;1490366 said:

What you cant seem to figure out is that the Boyscouts were being intolerant to gay people.

Gay people are not monsters to fear, they are merely people.

Do you really think no gay people are in the boys scouts just because they treat gays like monsters to be feared?

I don't know, seeing as he's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

How would the real Uncle Remus feel about singing "Zip-a-de-doo-dah"?

Fella YOU are the one who chose this fictional character to represent yourself.

Of all the people in the world you chose him?

Ame®icano;1490476 said:
Ame®icano;1490366 said:

What are you talking about?

What you cant seem to figure out is that the Boyscouts were being intolerant to gay people.

Gay people are not monsters to fear, they are merely people.

Do you really think no gay people are in the boys scouts just because they treat gays like monsters to be feared?
And you can't figure out that the Boy Scouts are a private institution, who can freely decide that they don't want gay adult leaders.

As for motivation....Maybe they didn't want to be an equal a running gag as the Catholic church.

No, not intolerant. I just disagree with almost everything the opposition has to say. They have every right to be wrong.

You proved my point.

Every opposition idea or action that liberals differ will be labeled with one of the following:

Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Imperialist, Bigoted, Intolerant...

Remember amendment to the Senate's immigration bill that would make English the national language?

Harry Reid said: "While the intent may not be there, I really believe this amendment is racist."

The dude abides.

I love how the right always love the liberal heros.

The dude you so love would think you were an asshole buddy
Ah yes...More projection and tolerance, mixed in with mind reading of a fictional character, from the left.

Always amusing when they live down to stereotype. :lol:

P.S....I'm not "the right", Buckwheat.

*whatever the hell that's supposed to anymore. :lol:

Dude is anything but stereotypical X philosophy Ravi.

Fixed. :D

Forum List

Back