Politically, I find most Liberals intolerant of other's viewpoints.

I agree with PLYMCO_PILGRIM to some point.

Anyone remembers Boy Scouts of America vs. Dale? It's about Boy Scouts refusing homosexuals to join them because of homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the values. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts due to the First Amendment right of expressive association.

But it didn't stop there. Liberals can't stand anyone who refuse to bow down to their ideology. To diverse leftists, freedom only means that you are free to agree with them. You are not free to disagree. In response to the Court's ruling and the Scouts' refusal to change their code of ethics to accommodate gays, they started national campaign of petitions and protests against the Boy Scouts. Then they proposed bill in Congress that would repeal the federal charter of the Boy Scouts of America and cut their federal funding. That bill didn't pass.

The point is, if far left liberals can't get their way, they will do whatever it takes to get around laws and Constitution to force you to accept their agenda.

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

In my opinion, there are a lot of people on both sides of the proverbial aisle, that have the kind of attitude you spoke of.

The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture.

It's a two way street.

Where are the conservatives who show respect for the liberal culture?

For example...

a conservative USMB poster said:
What do you think when you see the word "democrat"?

I think, "such arrogant ignorance, in such a tiny mind."

Doesn't seem too respectful.

Or maybe you are saying that because the conservatives don't preach tolerance, they don't have to be tolerant. If that is the case, the liberal arguement that conservatives are intolerant and closed-minded may be true.

geez pilgrim I'm not intolerant to you not wanting an abortion. Why don't you go out and not get one?

As far as ethnocentrism, I'd wager most of us are white, and even if we aren't, we're black and white on here so it doesn't make a difference.

I find I am intolerant of the incessant cutting and pasting of utter bullshit that foists non-facts as if they are facts. You do that a lot and then cry 'intolerance'. To add to that, you don't attribute stuff sometimes and have to be called out on it. Why you do this is beyond me. It's annoying.

The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture.

It's a two way street.

For example...

Or maybe you are saying that because the conservatives don't preach tolerance, they don't have to be tolerant. If that is the case, the liberal arguement that conservatives are intolerant and closed-minded may be true.

Judging by the OP, it appears that intolerance is just fine as long as the people doing it admit they are intolerant. Although I'm not sure your point is the one he was trying to make. ;)

It's a two way street.

For example...

Judging by the OP, it appears that intolerance is just fine as long as the people doing it admit they are intolerant. Although I'm not sure your point is the one he was trying to make. ;)
:clap2:

sounds to me like you needed to do a thread on why people are generally intolerant today? you could have covered it with that...so it was your choose to slant it one way or another...now wasnt it?
Maybe he's feeling guilty that he is intolerant of troofers and Obama making a speech to school children. :eusa_whistle:

whats wrong with the president speaking to schoolkids about the importance of education?

Didn't reagan and bush sr do that too?

Oh my the assumptions one makes.

i think 9/11 trufers are as off base as the birfers
Exactly. I see you don't enjoy being painted with a broad brush, either. :lol:

It's a two way street.

For example...

But do conservatives admit that they are intolerant?

Usually they raise quite a stink when they are called this.

It's a two way street.

For example...

Last time I checked, we are all individuals accountable for our own actions and not those of others whom we have no control over.

You are posting from the same chasm the OP is, even if you aren't being hateful.

Ame®icano;1490366 said:
I agree with PLYMCO_PILGRIM to some point.

Anyone remembers Boy Scouts of America vs. Dale? It's about Boy Scouts refusing homosexuals to join them because of homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the values. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Boy Scouts due to the First Amendment right of expressive association.

But it didn't stop there. Liberals can't stand anyone who refuse to bow down to their ideology. To diverse leftists, freedom only means that you are free to agree with them. You are not free to disagree. In response to the Court's ruling and the Scouts' refusal to change their code of ethics to accommodate gays, they started national campaign of petitions and protests against the Boy Scouts. Then they proposed bill in Congress that would repeal the federal charter of the Boy Scouts of America and cut their federal funding. That bill didn't pass.

The point is, if far left liberals can't get their way, they will do whatever it takes to get around laws and Constitution to force you to accept their agenda.

This is an example of liberals being intolerant to intolerance.

No, not intolerant. I just disagree with almost everything the opposition has to say. They have every right to be wrong.

Conservatives and Liberals have very different outlooks on life. In fact liberals have a completely diffferent culture than conservatives. This leads to both sides arguing over subjects as their differing culture leads them to different opinions on the subject.

A big part of the liberal culture is the preaching of tolerance for others. Tolerance and respect for those around the world, tolerance and respect for minorities, tolerance for illegal immigrants, and so on.

However when it comes to dealing with the conservative culture liberals become very ethnocentric. The majority of liberals show very little, if any, respect for the conservative culture. Especially on message boards. In fact on message boards liberals are completely intolerant of conservative culture and values.

This constantly makes me think of hypocracy. The liberals who do this remind me of the conservatives who preach family values then cheat on their wifes, hypocrites.

So liberals next time you get all wound up and ready to bash on some conservative for wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it....remember it makes you sound like hypocrites to many fair minded individuals.

Another random thought of mine that i decided to post :redface:

wanting guns, not wanting abortion, being against radicals in their white house, being wary of who the president surrounds themselves with, or their hate of government involvment in our lives and the taxes that comes along with it

I dont know any liberal that want your guns taken away.

You dont have to have an abortion if you dont wnat one.

Radicals in the white house?

You and your like helped place a radical in the white house and cheered while they did shit that ran from lying us into a war on trumped up intel to shooting people in the face.

They distroyed the economy.

Spied on Americans.

Dropped white phosferous on to children.

Distroyed the Justice system

Tried to disenfranchise American voters

Shamed our country internationally and made us hated world wide

And the list goes on and on.

What did the likes of you say during OUR attempts to alert YOU to the radicals in control of our government then?

That is because conservative culture stands in the way of freedom and peace and equality. Not hard to understand why liberals argue against conservatives as conservatives have fought against everything that makes life free. Conservative politics is reactionary politics, it fights against all that makes life good. Witness only the lunacy over UHC.

Project much?

*Notice that he didn't refute the premise of the OP, just made excuses for his intolerance.

Last edited:

Last time I checked, we are all individuals accountable for our own actions and not those of others whom we have no control over.

You are posting from the same chasm the OP is, even if you aren't being hateful.

:clap2:
Treating people as individuals would be a great change of pace, wouldn't it?

The dude abides.

I love how the right always love the liberal heros.

The dude you so love would think you were an asshole buddy

Forum List

Back