Political Party and Military Service..

asterism's graph demonstrates the adjusted correctness of "Most of the military is made up of poor, white and black, rural southerners, AKA, the republican base. The military provides these people with opportunity for something other than the shit existence they would otherwise have."

You apparently missed the far leftward lines showing how few actual poor people join.

The military is mostly middle class.

very few use it to get out of poverty or welfare, it was mostly people that couldn't afford college or just wanted something different.

I did go to boot with a man that was sentenced to the Navy though. :lol:

Was it because the original article talked about the decline of conservative military members?
"The military is also less conservative than it was seven years ago.

"In 2005, a total of 50 percent of respondents described themselves as “conservative” or “very conservative.” The next year that number fell to 44 percent. And in 2012 it hit 42.72 percent, making it slightly more popular than the next most popular group, “moderate,” at 41.54 percent."
The National Memo » Only 43.8 Percent of Military Identify As Republican, Down From 56 Percent In 2005

Which is what the original article was about.

So why the decline of republicans in the military?

Screen-Shot-2013-03-28-at-5.17.50-PM.png

Why do dems hate the country so much that only a few choose to serve?

I'm not sure about the source but I tend to believe his findings..

------------------:salute:

A week, or so ago, the paper printed a letter from an individual that was highly critical of the Republican Party, and conservatives, for going after Obama, and all the recent scandals going on in Washington at the time (June 19, "GOP blowing money for 'witch hunts'"). In ending his letter, the writer remarked that the Republicans and conservatives should join the armed services and learn some responsibility. The more I've thought about his statement, the more it offended me and I had to respond.

Just for the record, according to the National Memo, on June 21, 2013, those serving in the armed services are: Republicans 43.81 percent, independents 27.9 percent, Democrats 9.72 percent, Libertarians 5.4 percent, others 3.79 percent. Those who declined to answer were the 9.34 percent. In 2005 there were over 56 percent Republicans serving in the armed services. From these statistics, one sees that a lot more blood has been given by conservatives in defending this country.

More Republicans than Democrats served in military

Why is the article no longer available? Did they have bad numbers? Hmmmm

I tried it, it works..

Maybe you're inept..:lol:

...hmmmm

Was it because the original article talked about the decline of conservative military members?
"The military is also less conservative than it was seven years ago.

"In 2005, a total of 50 percent of respondents described themselves as “conservative” or “very conservative.” The next year that number fell to 44 percent. And in 2012 it hit 42.72 percent, making it slightly more popular than the next most popular group, “moderate,” at 41.54 percent."
The National Memo » Only 43.8 Percent of Military Identify As Republican, Down From 56 Percent In 2005

Which is what the original article was about.

So why the decline of republicans in the military?

Hard to put up with the stress involved when you don't respect the commander. Constantly changing rules piss many of us off to the point that we just said "Fuck This". The military is already a total cluster without Obama screwing up everything, treating everyone like they're second-class citizens.

When was the last time anyone in the Department of Defense got a raise? For civilians it was before he took office. For soldiers the tiny pay increase he gave them over the years doesn't even keep up with inflation.

I'm not sure about the source but I tend to believe his findings..

------------------:salute:

A week, or so ago, the paper printed a letter from an individual that was highly critical of the Republican Party, and conservatives, for going after Obama, and all the recent scandals going on in Washington at the time (June 19, "GOP blowing money for 'witch hunts'"). In ending his letter, the writer remarked that the Republicans and conservatives should join the armed services and learn some responsibility. The more I've thought about his statement, the more it offended me and I had to respond.

Just for the record, according to the National Memo, on June 21, 2013, those serving in the armed services are: Republicans 43.81 percent, independents 27.9 percent, Democrats 9.72 percent, Libertarians 5.4 percent, others 3.79 percent. Those who declined to answer were the 9.34 percent. In 2005 there were over 56 percent Republicans serving in the armed services. From these statistics, one sees that a lot more blood has been given by conservatives in defending this country.

More Republicans than Democrats served in military

Why is the article no longer available? Did they have bad numbers? Hmmmm

I tried it, it works..

Maybe you're inept..:lol:

...hmmmm

qupepezy.jpg

When I was in the military, politics was the last thing on our minds.

Yeah, I didn't give a damn about politics when I was in either. I joined when Ford was President - thought he was an idiot. Jimmy Peanut - another idiot. Got out of my reserve commitment when Reagan was President. Probably should have re-upped then in retrospect, but I had my fill of Uncle Sam's canoe club.

Forum List

Back