Political Party and Military Service..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I'm not sure about the source but I tend to believe his findings..

------------------:salute:

A week, or so ago, the paper printed a letter from an individual that was highly critical of the Republican Party, and conservatives, for going after Obama, and all the recent scandals going on in Washington at the time (June 19, "GOP blowing money for 'witch hunts'"). In ending his letter, the writer remarked that the Republicans and conservatives should join the armed services and learn some responsibility. The more I've thought about his statement, the more it offended me and I had to respond.

Just for the record, according to the National Memo, on June 21, 2013, those serving in the armed services are: Republicans 43.81 percent, independents 27.9 percent, Democrats 9.72 percent, Libertarians 5.4 percent, others 3.79 percent. Those who declined to answer were the 9.34 percent. In 2005 there were over 56 percent Republicans serving in the armed services. From these statistics, one sees that a lot more blood has been given by conservatives in defending this country.

More Republicans than Democrats served in military

Last edited:
Obama has been blowing billions on prosecuting states for attempting to enforce voter I.D. laws, enforcing immigration laws, prosecuting private companies for moving to a right to work state, and prosecuting generals and admirals for various offenses, one of them for discrimination of a homosexual. Close to two hundred senior members of the military have been fired under Obama. So many so that he has found time to relieve one senior officer an average of once every 8 days. He must believe that a weak and incompetent military will assure that we won't be ever attacked. Strength through weakness.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the source but I tend to believe his findings..Well, draw your own conclusions. Whoops..

(it's by party members in general)...sorry about that..:redface:

A week, or so ago, the paper printed a letter from an individual that was highly critical of the Republican Party, and conservatives, for going after Obama, and all the recent scandals going on in Washington at the time (June 19, "GOP blowing money for 'witch hunts'"). In ending his letter, the writer remarked that the Republicans and conservatives should join the armed services and learn some responsibility. The more I've thought about his statement, the more it offended me and I had to respond.

Just for the record, according to the National Memo, on June 21, 2013, those serving in the armed services are: Republicans 43.81 percent, independents 27.9 percent, Democrats 9.72 percent, Libertarians 5.4 percent, others 3.79 percent. Those who declined to answer were the 9.34 percent. In 2005 there were over 56 percent Republicans serving in the armed services. From these statistics, one sees that a lot more blood has been given by conservatives in defending this country.

I found the source:

The National Memo » Only 43.8 Percent of Military Identify As Republican, Down From 56 Percent In 2005

If this is true then it's a major change from the way things were when I served.

I'm not sure about the source but I tend to believe his findings..Well, draw your own conclusions. Whoops..

(it's by party members in general)...sorry about that..:redface:

I found the source:

The National Memo » Only 43.8 Percent of Military Identify As Republican, Down From 56 Percent In 2005

If this is true then it's a major change from the way things were when I served.

It's because of the games this administration has been playing. Religious services have been cut back in the military, diversity training, social engineering at every stage of your military life. Women in combat arms units for the first time. They're trying to change the military. They even allow devil worship now.

43.81% Republican - 9.72 Democraps sounds a little lite.

It's more like

80% Republican - 4% Democraps (if that much).

The military isn't really a pole-smoker's "cup of tea." They're more likely to be florists or hairdressers.

43.81% Republican - 9.72 Democraps sounds a little lite.

It's more like

80% Republican - 4% Democraps (if that much).

The military isn't really a pole-smoker's "cup of tea." They're more likely to be florists or hairdressers.

Face it, most of the military is minorities and women now. Many of them are in charge. That's why there is a change. Gays have always served. They are just allowed to do it openly now.

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.

― Ronald Reagan

Obama has been drumming officers out of the military left and right, for having affairs and for other reasons, and replacing them with his guys.

Wish they had done the same with Clinton.

Just another case of the left's utter hypocrisy.

Sex between consenting adults in a war-zone is grounds for being relieved from duty, but legalizing gay sex in the military at the same time.

Obama must be gay. It's only common-sense.

Last edited:

Yup, I believe this even though I am not sure about the numbers.

The outcome of the ALL VOLUNTEER military.

Want to know why?

People who object to the uses our military has been put to , at least those with some integrity, do not join the service even when they know that personally they'd probably benefit from doing so.

Not surprising.

Most of the military is made up of poor, white, rural southerners, AKA, the republican base.

The military provides these people with opportunity for something other than the shit existence they would otherwise have.

Not surprising.

Most of the military is made up of poor, white, rural southerners, AKA, the republican base.

The military provides these people with opportunity for something other than the shit existence they would otherwise have.
Repeating progressive horseshit as if it's true doesn't magically make it true.

I'll give you a moment to come to grips with reality voluntarily before I slap you in the face with it.

That's long enough.

Ann Marlowe: The Truth About Who Fights for Us - WSJ.com
In 2008, using data provided by the Defense Department, the Heritage Foundation found that only 11% of enlisted military recruits in 2007 came from the poorest one-fifth, or quintile, of American neighborhoods (as of the 2000 Census), while 25% came from the wealthiest quintile. Heritage reported that "these trends are even more pronounced in the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program, in which 40% of enrollees come from the wealthiest neighborhoods, a number that has increased substantially over the past four years."

Indeed, the Heritage report showed that "low-income families are underrepresented in the military and high-income families are overrepresented. Individuals from the bottom household income quintile make up 20.0 percent of Americans who are age 18-24 years old but only 10.6 percent of the 2006 recruits and 10.7 percent of the 2007 recruits. Individuals in the top two quintiles make up 40.0 percent of the population, but 49.3 percent of the recruits in both years."​
I'll be interested in hearing how you dismiss this because it doesn't fit with your pathetic version of reality.

I remember well when I first voted at Sansapor New Guinea. A rumor spread that there was a Republican in K company so some of us went down to K company see the Republican. After an hour or so, we didn't see any Republican just GI's like ourselves.
I now what the percentages of political party voting were at that time?

Anybody who thinks Barry Hussein is being unfairly attacked must be less than ten years old. Did you see what Cindy Sheehan's anti-war rabble did to George W. Bush? They faded away as soon as a liberal democrat was elected which shows you that the anti-war movement was more about anti-republican than anti-war.

Most of my military comrades were either apolitical or generally more to the right than the left.

Not surprising.

That is absolute bullshit.

Myth: The Military attracts disproportionately from poor or underprivileged youth.

Fact: Military recruits mirror the US population and are solidly middle class.
A recent report shows that more recruits come from middle income families, with far fewer drawn from poorer families (Figure 2). Youth from upper income families are represented at almost exactly their fair share.

eah83a.jpg

http://www.defense.gov/news/Dec2005/d20051213mythfact.pdf

For anyone that has served, this is a double duh burger with cheese.

I didn't know anyone that voted for Clinton.

Forum List

Back