Political commentator touting family values labeled deadbeat dad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by strollingbones, Nov 19, 2010.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    Sheriff's Department says Lenny McAllister, who you might have seen on national cable news, is near the top of the county's list of deadbeat parents.

You can find video of him on YouTube and on his own website regularly making speeches at Tea Party events.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he says during one.

“Walking the talk for all of us starts with uplifting our children,” he says during another.

Lenny McAllister has been called a rising star in the Republican Party, and just got a gig hosting a Chicago radio show. His speeches often focus on family values and making the world a better place for the children.

“The children of America are in crisis,” he has said.

But we've learned the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Department is looking for McAllister and has an arrest warrant for the Davidson grad.

They even have him prominently featured on their website, under deadbeat parents, saying he owes more than $37,000 in child support for his two oldest kids, who live in Pennsylvania.

Political commentator touting family values labeled deadbeat dad | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

another proud member of the family values party

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Good thing they found this goon early.

I hope they send him back to PA in chains.

3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    I always said Family Life matters to me when I vote, and the uber sensitive say "leave the family out of it!!"

But sorry that I don't trust Rudy Guliani when his own children don't even like him. I'm human.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Before I drew a conclusion, I'd prefer to see both sides of the story. Having said that, anyone who abandons their kids would not get my vote.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I don't think the 'leave the family out of it' is about how an individual treats their family. Its about not doing thing like criticizing Palin for choosing to keep her Downs Syndrome child rather than aborting him. It's about not dissing the kids or other family members as a way of dissing the candidate. But, sure, what that candidate does with regard to not paying maintenance etc, yea... that is a legitimate concern. Anyone who abandons their kids does not, in my view, have the morals I would want in a candidate.

6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    It's a deal buster.

Even if they were not running around talking about family values.

7. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,432
    Well then, there's gray area there. Like, if a kid seems all effed in the head and not well adjusted, then I'd like to know about that and I'd consider it, in my vote.

For instance, no, I wouldn't knock her about the abortion vs. not part. But, as a woman, she took the road of being an on-the-road mom when she has a special needs child. I consider that.

She's got strong Religious sentiments, and her Daughter got preggers out of wedlock and at a pretty early age. I consider that.

Also, Levi's stories are not necessarily true, but they're not necessarily false and they fit her profile from what I've observed. Those are food for thought, for me.

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    TEA Party Smear Attempt FAIL!
    From your link:
    The man HAS been paying child support, just less than he used to because he LOST HIS JOB! Now he has a new job and is looking to make good on back child support. Many American men go through this every year. I feel bad for him.

OP not negged due to fear of retaliatory negging! :lol:

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Seems to me then that - despite appearances - you're just a bit of a judgemental ass. Lots of women bring up a kid and work - politicians are no different, and Downs Syndrome children cope very well. Seems to me, you're not very well informed about Downs.

Her daughter made a mistake. So? I actually respect her for making the hard choice to keep the baby rather than the quick fix of an abortion. I fail to see why that should impact on a candidate's suitability for office. It was hardly Palin's fault that her daughter got pregnant.... and at least Bristol isn't flouting single motherhood at 17 as a great idea.

As for Levi... I haven't read anything he has claimed. I am not interested in his whining.

10. Londoner

Londoner Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,695
    "Family Values" is not a personal ethic practiced by opportunistic politicians of any stripe, rather, it comes from a very specific GOP strategy which was institutionalized in the 70s to take advantage of middle class disaffection with the liberal order, which order was promoting ethical constructs like secularism, relativism, and feminism - all of which threatened traditional family social roles. The left was also using welfare to lift up African Americans, who the right claimed were by nature atavistic and anti-family. Put another way: through its promotion of "alternative lifestyles", the left was seen as promoting a myriad of anti-family social roles. Therefore, the right seized white anxiety over this social revolution - and, consequently, all politicians on the right began to practice pro family rhetoric - not because they were pro-family but because it worked. It's called politics.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010