Political Beliefs 101: Who should pay for Health Care?

Whose Duty is it to pay for Health Care:

• 1. Churches have a Duty to Charity and Caring for those in need

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 2. Govt has the Duty to Provide

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 3. Govt has the Duty to remain Neutral

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4. It is a Free Choice that belongs to the People

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • 5. States should manage democratically not Federal Govt

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 6. Parties should provide for their Members

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7. Companies or Organizations should provide for their Workers or Members

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 8. Combination or Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's really a total embarassment that the greatest nation on Earth just can't get a simple thing like healthcare out. The two so called major parties just fight back and forth like little kids. As an American born citizen I'm embarrassed we haven't figured out a thing about how to make it reasonable for everyone. That being said any decent....even barely decent company provides top rate insurance for it's employees. Otherwise don't hire.

Given Beliefs being argued that Health Care is a Right,
who should pay for it?

1. It is a Church Duty: The Churches/religions have a duty as part of charity they preach and teach
2. It is Govt Duty to provide: The Govt has the duty to protect public health and safety and promote general welfare
3. It is Govt Duty to remain neutral - The Govt should protect the right of people to practice this belief, but not establish it.
(ie not violate due process, equal beliefs and liberty/free choice of others who may not share this belief it is a right, or may believe in Constitutional limits on govt that would be violated by federal management of health care choices)
4. It is up to Free Choice: People have free choice to believe and pay for health care as they wish
5. States should manage this democratically to protect public health
6. Parties that advocate Health Care as a Right should provide for their members
7. Companies or Organizations should provide for their Workers or Members
8. Combination of the above or Other (please specify)

Nearly 1/3 of the U.S. population is here by illegal means...most here with illegal roots suck the taxpayer tit dry and drive up all healthcare related costs.
Amend the 14th and make it retroactive...Start rounding up wetbacks and their silver tooth anchor babies by the millions...send them all to Mexico...Only then can we start to bring down the cost of healthcare and help REAL Americans with legitimate subsidization.

Illegals do play a part where there are many. But there are other ways to decrease costs. For one, government needs to pay the full bills for their patients. Currently (and for some time) government only pays about 2/3 of the cost for their patients. Providers have to increase the costs of care so they can recoup some of that lost money. Our private insurance companies pay that cost, and up goes our premiums.

Immediately, we should increase Medicare payroll deductions by at least three times, and increase it as care becomes more expensive.

I say if we are going to go down that road, everybody pays. Institute a consumption tax and everybody pays equally.

Okay and how would you answer to or deal with people who insist on you paying through govt instead of directly paying for health care services other ways? Ray From Cleveland

I don't know if I quite understand the question. If we pay through a consumption tax, it does go through government. It's the only way it could work.

In my county, we have a consumption tax of 8 cents on the dollar. While I don't care for how the money is used, at least it's taxed evenly. The poor pay this tax, the middle-class pay this tax, the wealthy pay this tax.

The county collects that money and redistributes it to the various factions that are supported by it; mostly public transportation.

The problem with your healthcare is that it becomes political just like Commie Care did. If you are a middle-class working person, it's unaffordable. If you sweep floors for a living, you can get great healthcare insurance at next to nothing in cost.

This is because most floor sweepers vote Democrat, and many middle-class hard working people vote Republican.

Dear Ray From Cleveland:
1. What if people pay for services and choice of programs directly, such as through cooperatives that still can negotiate access
to medicare rates and group discounts on catastrophic insurance and hospital costs.

Then deduct that from taxes.

2. Only for federally funded clinics would it be necessary to go through govt.
And even that affords access to at cost pharmaceuticals that were federally funded in their research and development
under terms requiring them to sell them to govt at cost.

So we'd just have to unite and lobby to make medical costs "tax deductible"
such as 100% through nonprofits that charge at cost/medicare pricing and don't add any extra profit.

Wouldn't that help enforce govt standards on the most economical means?

(instead of trying to pay GOVT to manage and elect choices, the people do and just SUBTRACT that from taxes)

who should pay for it?

1. It is a Church Duty: The Churches/religions have a duty as part of charity they preach and teach
2. It is Govt Duty to provide: The Govt has the duty to protect public health and safety and promote general welfare
3. It is Govt Duty to remain neutral - The Govt should protect the right of people to practice this belief, but not establish it.
(ie not violate due process, equal beliefs and liberty/free choice of others who may not share this belief it is a right, or may believe in Constitutional limits on govt that would be violated by federal management of health care choices)
4. It is up to Free Choice: People have free choice to believe and pay for health care as they wish
6. Parties that advocate Health Care as a Right should provide for their members

Yup, Health Care is a right. And each one of us should have a right to choose any plan, any doctor, any hospital. And the right to pay for our choices.

Dear Thinker 101:
If you believe this is a right to choose freely and pay for those choices, what is the best way you see to manage the payment of those choices:
1. by free market and creating or choosing your own programs yourself
2. federal govt creating or managing those choices and payments
3. States managing it for their populations
4. Parties managing it since not everyone agrees with you that it is a right to the same choices
5. People choosing any of the above avenues for paying and providing for health care

If you believe it is a right, are you willing to pay for medical education and clinics to provide that care?

Again, how would you recommend providing these health care facilities, services, access and administration for payments and provisions?

Option 1, free market.

Thanks Thinker 101

Now given the fact that insurance lobbies passed laws restricting OTHER associations from negotiating insurance discounts
(unless their organization operated for 5 years providing a service OTHER than insurance),
isn't that a restriction on free market, where not just anyone or any group can access the same discounts.

The Cooperative nonprofit structure I'm researching and looking to ask more leaders to consider adopting for health care
already resolved this barrier to equal access by acquiring the legally required licensing.

The insurance companies control the organizations such as AARP that provide member discounts.
So they will always restrict these plans of choices to what profits the insurance companies behind them.
I think it is UNITED that is one of the controlling insurance companies, and the others are similar.

This corporate redtape keeps people from free market choices,
unless you get help from NONPROFIT coops that aren't trying to monopolize or profit off health care and insurance.

The biggest battle I'm finding to "free market" health care choices is
"re-training" people to stop thinking only big govt or only big corporate groups for profit can get you equal access
to discount rates. The cooperatives licensed to do so already removed those restrictions.
So now it's just a matter of organizing more educated support around the NONPROFIT cooperatives
that take it a step further by cutting ALL the profit margin out and only existing to help members
get access to services at cost by "free choice." The disadvantage is NOT relying on "forced enrollment"
such as through Obamacare that sent everyone scrambling to get online and register "or else."
Free choice takes longer to organize everyone around the cooperative model,
but at least it's legal compared to the govt mandates that were unconstitutional to "force choices" on people under threats of penalty.

who should pay for it?

Nearly 1/3 of the U.S. population is here by illegal means...most here with illegal roots suck the taxpayer tit dry and drive up all healthcare related costs.
Amend the 14th and make it retroactive...Start rounding up wetbacks and their silver tooth anchor babies by the millions...send them all to Mexico...Only then can we start to bring down the cost of healthcare and help REAL Americans with legitimate subsidization.

Illegals do play a part where there are many. But there are other ways to decrease costs. For one, government needs to pay the full bills for their patients. Currently (and for some time) government only pays about 2/3 of the cost for their patients. Providers have to increase the costs of care so they can recoup some of that lost money. Our private insurance companies pay that cost, and up goes our premiums.

Immediately, we should increase Medicare payroll deductions by at least three times, and increase it as care becomes more expensive.

Dear Ray From Cleveland:
Insurance companies only pay providers the minimum they have to which is based on Medicare rates.

Doctors, clinics, and hospitals are more likely to collect payments
by getting paid contracts directly with cooperatives rather than go through govt or insurance hassles.

I would not expect "govt to pay full bills" unless people agree what those costs are and the terms.
Otherwise, you end up with taxpayers protesting they don't want to pay for smokers or drug addicts
who refused to get treatment for addiction and drove up the price of care.

That's another advantage I see to adopting a cooperative model.
Individuals or groups, including political parties or religious organizations,
could form their own chapters and decide any terms they want to pay under.

So prolife and prochoice don't have to agree on terms but have separate policy pools.
Same with Christians who believe in spiritual healing to cure addiction and criminal disorders
so they don't have to pay for more expensive consequences of disease and crime.

You can't have that freedom of choice through govt.
I think we have a better chance of agreeing on health care by agreeing
just to keep the very MINIMUM basic care through federal clinics
and doing the rest by consumers paying and deducting that from taxes.

If anyone disagrees with deducting health care costs from taxes,
they are welcome to pay their taxes to govt under the plans and terms they prefer.
But I don't see how ANYONE has any right to impose that payment plan on anyone else,
who has equal right to fund the health care plans of their choosing equally!

Dear Ray From Cleveland:
Insurance companies only pay providers the minimum they have to which is based on Medicare rates.

by getting paid contracts directly with cooperatives rather than go through govt or insurance hassles.

I would not expect "govt to pay full bills" unless people agree what those costs are and the terms.
Otherwise, you end up with taxpayers protesting they don't want to pay for smokers or drug addicts

That's another advantage I see to adopting a cooperative model. People ONLY pay for their OWN costs, and aren't taking on the risk of other people.

(in local chapters of 1500, the doctors/providers take on the risk by getting paid a flat monthly retainer fee up front that pays equal or more than what they get paid from insurance, but WITHOUT the hassle and admin costs of claims and denials/appeals. With hospital indemnity and catastrophic insurance, the insurance companies pay the costs while the patients pay no deductibles with nonprofit cooperative agreements that apply the savings to cover costs of care)

Individuals or groups, including political parties or religious organizations,
could form their own chapters and decide any terms they want to pay under.

So prolife and prochoice don't have to agree on terms but have separate policy pools.
Same with Christians who believe in spiritual healing to cure addiction and criminal disorders
so they don't have to pay for more expensive consequences of disease and crime.

You can't have that freedom of choice through govt.
I think we have a better chance of agreeing on health care by agreeing
just to keep the very MINIMUM basic care through federal clinics
and doing the rest by consumers paying and deducting that from taxes.

If anyone disagrees with deducting health care costs from taxes,
they are welcome to pay their taxes to govt under the plans and terms they prefer.
But I don't see how ANYONE has any right to impose that payment plan on anyone else,
who has equal right to fund the health care plans of their choosing equally!

Back in the day, employer paid health insurance was a given.

What changed since?

Commie Care for one. I had employer coverage my entire life throughout over a half-dozen jobs. When Commie Care started, that's when small companies dropped their coverage. I lost my coverage at the age of 55. Looking for another job even at this age, most don't carry insurance anymore either thanks to Commie Care.

Liar.

Health care has improved , causing costs to rise . This has been going on since about the 80s.

You can’t rely on private companies to cover everyone . It’s too pricey .

Which is why we need to work on bringing down the costs first, and later work on how to pay for it.

I’m with that . How do you do it?

Let’s take drug costs . The government should use its buying power to work cheaper prices . Like Walmart does . But paid for politicians won’t allow it .

Let me tell you what Walmart does:

Several years ago the price of my insulin kept going up. It was starting to have a financial burden on me, so I wrote the the producers of the drug to find out WTF was going on? I only received a generic answer. I talked to pharmacies all around my home, and still no luck. Internet? No answers.

Finally I ran into a pharmacist at my grocery store and told her of my problem. She suggested I checkout Walmart because they have generic insulin. Generic insulin? Not me, no way.

Finally when my insulin hit three times the price I was paying when I first started, I remember what that one pharmacist said to me and forced me to check it out.

I use four vials a month, but not sure what I was going to be sold, I purchased one vial. It was the price I paid when I first became diabetic; $24.99.

When the pharmacist handed it to me, it looked awfully familiar. It turns out it was the same insulin I have always purchased, but it had a little ® on the box. It stood for Reliance, the name Walmart uses for their generic drugs.

Bottom line: Walmart made a dirty deal with the insulin producers to sell them their product at the cheapest possible price. The manufacturer increased the prices on every other pharmacy outside of Walmart and Sam's Club which are one of the same company.

They only allow you to purchase four vials a month, because people were buying it and selling it to unsuspecting insulin users for a profit.
As a diabetic you should not have to pay for insulin. My Mam gets hers free. She has paid taxes all her life and for that she expects to be looked after. She also gets eye tests ,chiropody and other prescriptions "free".

Of course it isnt free but healthcare is a lottery and it is more just when everyone contributes for the common good. Its wrong that you should be penalised for ill health.

Commie Care for one. I had employer coverage my entire life throughout over a half-dozen jobs. When Commie Care started, that's when small companies dropped their coverage. I lost my coverage at the age of 55. Looking for another job even at this age, most don't carry insurance anymore either thanks to Commie Care.

Liar.

Health care has improved , causing costs to rise . This has been going on since about the 80s.

Which is why we need to work on bringing down the costs first, and later work on how to pay for it.

Let’s take drug costs . The government should use its buying power to work cheaper prices . Like Walmart does . But paid for politicians won’t allow it .

Several years ago the price of my insulin kept going up. It was starting to have a financial burden on me, so I wrote the the producers of the drug to find out WTF was going on? I only received a generic answer. I talked to pharmacies all around my home, and still no luck. Internet? No answers.

Finally I ran into a pharmacist at my grocery store and told her of my problem. She suggested I checkout Walmart because they have generic insulin. Generic insulin? Not me, no way.

Finally when my insulin hit three times the price I was paying when I first started, I remember what that one pharmacist said to me and forced me to check it out.

I use four vials a month, but not sure what I was going to be sold, I purchased one vial. It was the price I paid when I first became diabetic; $24.99.

When the pharmacist handed it to me, it looked awfully familiar. It turns out it was the same insulin I have always purchased, but it had a little ® on the box. It stood for Reliance, the name Walmart uses for their generic drugs.

Bottom line: Walmart made a dirty deal with the insulin producers to sell them their product at the cheapest possible price. The manufacturer increased the prices on every other pharmacy outside of Walmart and Sam's Club which are one of the same company.

They only allow you to purchase four vials a month, because people were buying it and selling it to unsuspecting insulin users for a profit.
As a diabetic you should not have to pay for insulin. My Mam gets hers free. She has paid taxes all her life and for that she expects to be looked after. She also gets eye tests ,chiropody and other prescriptions "free".

Of course it isnt free but healthcare is a lottery and it is more just when everyone contributes for the common good. Its wrong that you should be penalised for ill health.

It's not being penalized for anything. It's God's will that I die, but I'm just cheating him out of death; it's my option. After all, what did people with diabetes do 100 years ago or more? They died, that was it.

You see, in our politics it's not about who needs the most, it's about how many votes you can buy. That's why when DumBama came out with Commie Care, it was mandatory that women get free birth control. He made policy that a woman's ability to screw half the block was more important than my life sustaining medication. But on the other hand, he had the potential to buy a voting block of half this country, whereas us diabetics, we make a much smaller percentage of the vote than that.

So if people with serious illness die, that's the way it goes. I got the women's vote, and that's all that counts.

who should pay for it?

Yup, Health Care is a right. And each one of us should have a right to choose any plan, any doctor, any hospital. And the right to pay for our choices.
So if it’s a right, then you can’t say shit to me if I decide to eat and drink pixie sticks, beer, and pizza all day...never move from my recliner...smoke two packs a day...and somehow make a living as a daredevil motorcycle driver. Government has to pay for all my expenses correct?

Liar.

It's not being penalized for anything. It's God's will that I die, but I'm just cheating him out of death; it's my option. After all, what did people with diabetes do 100 years ago or more? They died, that was it.

You see, in our politics it's not about who needs the most, it's about how many votes you can buy. That's why when DumBama came out with Commie Care, it was mandatory that women get free birth control. He made policy that a woman's ability to screw half the block was more important than my life sustaining medication. But on the other hand, he had the potential to buy a voting block of half this country, whereas us diabetics, we make a much smaller percentage of the vote than that.

So if people with serious illness die, that's the way it goes. I got the women's vote, and that's all that counts.
If you are happy to put up with this stop whining.

No, the law is you cannot charge one entity more than another. It has nothing to do with what they collect.

In other words let's say that you need surgery, and it costs 500K. The facility cannot charge 700K to Medicare, and 400K to private insurance because private insurance will pay the entire bill. You have to charge 500K to both.

So Medicare will only pay 350K of that bill, and the provider eats the rest. Private insurance will pay what's provided in the policy; they have to by law. So now the facility has to find a way to recoup that government loss. So they up the price to 600K for that surgery for everybody. Again, private insurance will pay the 600K, and Medicare will pay the 400K.

This is why when you see medical facilities close down, it's usually in lower income areas where the clientele is mostly government patients. There are few private insured patients to recoup government losses. In fact in the past, some doctors and facilities were refusing new government patients of any kind.

Who's whining?

As a diabetic you should not have to pay for insulin.

As a hungry person, should I have to pay for food?
You already support the hungry through welfare programmes. Thats good, we have moved on from the Dickensian age.

We support the hungry without any choice. If it were up to me, only those truly in need would be fed. If you are physically and mentally capable of working, you don't get a dime. Feed yourself.

Who's whining?
You are. Whining about the cost of insulin but supporting the rigged system that makes you pay for it..Diabetes is a horrible disease and those that have it have enough to contend with before worrying about paying for basic medication.

Who's whining?
You are. Whining about the cost of insulin but supporting the rigged system that makes you pay for it..Diabetes is a horrible disease and those that have it have enough to contend with before worrying about paying for basic medication.

No, I'm not whining, I'm discussing politics and policies. That's not whining. This is whining.

Screaming .jpeg

Every time you leftists get backed into a corner, you say your adversaries are whining. Right. We are whining, but you're not according to your definition.

I think the user Joe B should pay for my health care. Tommy can participate if he would like to.

Who's whining?

No, I'm not whining, I'm discussing politics and policies. That's not whining. This is whining.

View attachment 256767

Every time you leftists get backed into a corner, you say your adversaries are whining. Right. We are whining, but you're not according to your definition.
The elites need people like you to bend over so that they can make their billions.

56890433_2887182874839570_7943846604442697728_n.jpg

Forum List

Back