Police State Horror: Cops Kill Innocent Man...

This is a tragic accident, asphyxia. It happens when someone is restrained and cannot breathe. It is not intentional.

It says the cops tried to question the man about the disturbance (Which they were SENT to after a 911 all). He refused, and became "uncooperative".

And there is the problem. If the cops are called to something you are involved in (crime or not, he was INVOLVED as he is there with the suspect/victim) they are going to ask you.......I don't know, something like "So what happened? Why did we get called here?"

When you become uncooperative, refuse to provide identification (they need it for their report, which would have said the man was innocent of any crime, not to mention under Terry vs Ohio they have a right to ID the man).........and the cops tell you that you are being detained, how about don't resist?

My God. Its not that hard to just tell the cops whats going on, toss your ID to them real quick, and move along.

99% chance this call would've ended with the cops leaving and clearing it with dispatch saying "Everything 10-4; Parental discipline, back in service".

But no. Someone had to be an idiot, and it leads to a horrible accident.

What should the cops have done? Just say "OH well guys, they aren't cooperating, lets just leave". That's not how it works.

While the cops have a job to do,a concerned citizen would wonder about a few things,1st how long do you think it takes to asphyxiate someone? and where is the training,this should have never happened,period!

To go unconscious, not that long. A minute or so, how ever long you can go without oxygen. Once they pass out, if they are still in the same position, they could die. Sometimes it is mistaken for the suspect going "dead weight" to be a pain in the ass or resist.

They do train for it, but it's hard to see or predict. For one, you cant handcuff them in the front without a belly chain. And those are expensive and hard to apply to a person who is resisting.

The EASY answer is to use a taser, which is 1,000X safer than a hands-on struggle. BUT, the public hates tasers because they look scary. So, cops hesitate to use them.

As for training more, and getting just all around better cops......budget cuts have caused a lot of senior officers to leave the job for private sector jobs. Turnover is high, morale is low. So, most cops are either A) Older cops who don't have the skill/education to do anything else or B) (most often) Young cops with little experience.

To attract, retain and train good cops costs money.

The video link isn't working anymore, so I didn't see this situation.

There was a fight before that video starts. They don't take someone to the ground and 5 cops restrain him if he was cooperating.

I will say....they should've tased him. He would be alive and uninjured.

But of course...the public would hate it.

These cops, like many, were put into a no-win situation.

This is a tragic accident, asphyxia. It happens when someone is restrained and cannot breathe. It is not intentional.

It says the cops tried to question the man about the disturbance (Which they were SENT to after a 911 all). He refused, and became "uncooperative".

And there is the problem. If the cops are called to something you are involved in (crime or not, he was INVOLVED as he is there with the suspect/victim) they are going to ask you.......I don't know, something like "So what happened? Why did we get called here?"

When you become uncooperative, refuse to provide identification (they need it for their report, which would have said the man was innocent of any crime, not to mention under Terry vs Ohio they have a right to ID the man).........and the cops tell you that you are being detained, how about don't resist?

My God. Its not that hard to just tell the cops whats going on, toss your ID to them real quick, and move along.

99% chance this call would've ended with the cops leaving and clearing it with dispatch saying "Everything 10-4; Parental discipline, back in service".

What should the cops have done? Just say "OH well guys, they aren't cooperating, lets just leave". That's not how it works.

While the cops have a job to do,a concerned citizen would wonder about a few things,1st how long do you think it takes to asphyxiate someone? and where is the training,this should have never happened,period!

To go unconscious, not that long. A minute or so, how ever long you can go without oxygen. Once they pass out, if they are still in the same position, they could die. Sometimes it is mistaken for the suspect going "dead weight" to be a pain in the ass or resist.

They do train for it, but it's hard to see or predict. For one, you cant handcuff them in the front without a belly chain. And those are expensive and hard to apply to a person who is resisting.

The EASY answer is to use a taser, which is 1,000X safer than a hands-on struggle. BUT, the public hates tasers because they look scary. So, cops hesitate to use them.

As for training more, and getting just all around better cops......budget cuts have caused a lot of senior officers to leave the job for private sector jobs. Turnover is high, morale is low. So, most cops are either A) Older cops who don't have the skill/education to do anything else or B) (most often) Young cops with little experience.

How do you think that women would get her head around that excuse?and why she should?

I kinda wish America's cops would just say fuck it, and stop showing up. And when they show up and people are "uncooperative", they just say "Fuck it, don't want anything bad to happen, lets leave guys".

And just let society's chips fall where they may. See how fun that is.

Sounds good to me.

Looks like the Cops were justified.

He(or his wife, the video says one thing the story says another) hit his little daughter, the Cops showed up and asked him for Id.

He got combative and bloodied a Cop, was restrained.

His obesity and the restraint killed him, which is a terrible accident.

None of this is an example of a Police State.

Little daughter was 19 years old.

How do you think that women would get her head around that excuse?and why she should?

For one, its not an "excuse". Its just explaining what likely happened. Her husband died. SHe'll never get over it. And....neither will those cops.

Its one thing to shoot someone who was trying to kill you. These cops were part of an accidental death. Horrific for all involved.

That's why you should ALWAYS cooperate with police. 99% of them are gonna give you no problem at all, and unless you are a total asshole or committing a crime...the other 1% probably wont be a problem either.

When you resist or become uncooperative, YOU push the situation into more serious areas where accidents could occur.

Its a horrific, terrible tragedy. But the man TOOK IT THERE when he decided to be uncooperative. This isn't "blaming" the dead guy. Its just what happened. Had he complied, gave his ID, and just said "Officers, my wife was trying to discipline our child, they're both knuckleheads sometimes" then nothing like this would've happened.

I kinda wish America's cops would just say fuck it, and stop showing up. And when they show up and people are "uncooperative", they just say "Fuck it, don't want anything bad to happen, lets leave guys".

Sounds good to me.

And when a drugged up psycho tried to break into your house, you'd be the first pussy bitch calling 911 demanding some cop come save your ass.

Sounds good to me.

And when a drugged up psycho tried to break into your house, you'd be the first pussy bitch calling 911 demanding some cop come save your ass.

Actually, no, I would shoot him.

I'd just call you guys to mop up the mess afterwards.

For the last time, a freaking police state is when government agents intentionally murder innocent people. The FBI sniper who shot Randy Weaver's wife in the face while she was holding an 18 month baby in her arms and was subsequently exonerated by a federal judge was an example of a police state. There is absolutely no evidence that the Police Officers intended to murder the subject in this case. Before you hysterical nannies get your panties in a bunch about a police state you need to consider a lot more evidence such as the toxicology result of the victim's blood and whether the Police were following legitimate protocol.

Legitimate protocol,interesting?

Dead is dead,no cause for that guy to be killed and he was killed that night,its the total authoritarian attitude no matter what is the problem.

Dead is dead but you freaking jerks have the ability (and responsibility) to create the procedure you like and all you do is whine and complain about it.

Sounds good to me.

All the police are going to do is draw a chalk-line around whoever is dead.

Of course I didn't take into consideration the possibility that drugged up psychos where you live might allow you to call 911 and wait for the police to show up.
The average response time where I live is 20-21 minutes ... Everything will be over by the time the deputies get here one way or the other.
If I call 911 ... It will be to tell them to send the fire department or send the coroner and a detective.

Just feel lucky you live where criminals are willing to wait for the cops to come save you.

Last edited:

For one, its not an "excuse". Its just explaining what likely happened. Her husband died. SHe'll never get over it. And....neither will those cops.

Yes they will. They'll get counseling, a few weeks (or months) off with full pay, and then be menacing the public again.

Its one thing to shoot someone who was trying to kill you. These cops were part of an accidental death. Horrific for all involved.

Unless they, like many cops, are sociopaths.

That's why you should ALWAYS cooperate with police. 99% of them are gonna give you no problem at all, and unless you are a total asshole or committing a crime...the other 1% probably wont be a problem either.

When you resist or become uncooperative, YOU push the situation into more serious areas where accidents could occur.

Its a horrific, terrible tragedy. But the man TOOK IT THERE when he decided to be uncooperative. This isn't "blaming" the dead guy. Its just what happened. Had he complied, gave his ID, and just said "Officers, my wife was trying to discipline our child, they're both knuckleheads sometimes" then nothing like this would've happened.

How does that jackboot polish taste?

All your deflecting hissy fits aren't gonna change the fact they murdered an innocent man. Stop defending the indefensible.

Last edited:

Yes of course, the innocent man brutally murdered is the idiot. Definitely not the Gestapo thugs who brutally murdered him. God, you're sick. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYqFn1U__4]5 police beat unarmed man to death outside movie theater in front of his wife and daughter - YouTube[/ame]

Guilty till proven innocent. Unfortunately, that's what our Police are about these days. They sentenced this innocent man to death. And for what? He possibly didn't have his ID on him? These Officers should be arrested immediately.

These cops are on the hook for manslaughter and criminal negligence. Their excessive force in the face of a suspect who was NOT acting intimidating is wrong.

No law requires anyone to answer Law Enforcement questions, nor are you required to provide ID. The best they can do if you refuse to answer or provide ID is to detain you (without killing you) to ascertain your identity.

AFTER they first determine if a crime has been committed.

These cops are on the hook for manslaughter and criminal negligence. Their excessive force in the face of a suspect who was NOT acting intimidating is wrong.

No law requires anyone to answer Law Enforcement questions, nor are you required to provide ID. The best they can do if you refuse to answer or provide ID is to detain you (without killing you) to ascertain your identity.

AFTER they first determine if a crime has been committed.

Spot On. He got a death sentence. And for what? As far as them being held accountable? I'll believe it when i see it. Let me know when they're arrested and booked.

Forum List

Back