Police State: Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To 7-Year-Old Daughter...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Seriously, WTF is going on with the TSA?

dina-frank.jpg

The Transportation Security Administration is once again the subject of national scrutiny, this time after aggressively screening a 7-year-old female passenger with cerebral palsy which caused her family to miss their flight.

The girl, identified as Dina Frank in a report by The Daily, was waiting with her family on Monday to board a flight departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York headed to Florida.

Since Dina walks with the aid of leg braces and crutches, she cannot pass through airport metal detectors, and must instead submit to a pat-down by TSA agents.

Dina, who is also reportedly developmentally disabled, is usually frightened by the procedure. Her family reportedly requests that agents on hand take the time to introduce themselves to her.

However, the agents on duty at the time began to handle her aggressively instead.

Air travel is difficult to the family due to Dina’s disabilities, but the nature of Monday’s inspection was especially traumatic for the child.

“They make our lives completely difficult,” her father, Dr. Joshua Frank, a Long Island pediatrician, told The Daily. “She’s not a threat to national security.”

Frank taped the encounter, which ended when a supervisor inspected her crutches and let them pass. But agents followed up and insisted upon doing a full inspection of Dina.

Ultimately, the family missed their flight...

Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To Girl With Cerebral Palsy « CBS DC
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

It’s not a ‘police state’ it’s a fear state, it’s the fear of the American people that brought the TSA into existence, and fear keeps it in place.

Any lawmaker who advocates doing away with the TSA would be accused of being irresponsible and ‘soft on terror.’ He’d also be out of a job come the next election.

TSA= dispicable! They just wan't to see how far they can go; testing the water for whats to come!

Yes, just testing to see how much humiliation the People will accept. And unfortunately, it looks like most will accept almost any humiliation Big Brother offers up. It's very sad.

It’s not a ‘police state’ it’s a fear state, it’s the fear of the American people that brought the TSA into existence, and fear keeps it in place.

What's the difference?

Any lawmaker who advocates doing away with the TSA would be accused of being irresponsible and ‘soft on terror.’ He’d also be out of a job come the next election.

I don't know about that. TSA has grown increasingly unpopular with the public. I don't know that they'd be missed by most and it's not like there still wouldn't be some type of security in place. It just doesn't have to be this particular way.

All Americans should boycott Air Travel until this is stopped.

Ultimately, that's it right there. From my understanding, air travel has dropped slightly, but nothing significant and that could very well be attributed to economic factors anyway. Until the airlines are hit hard in the pocket book this nonsense is going to continue. Only when their profits are at risk will you see some reform because that's when the lobbyists will go to town.

What an asshole that guy is.
Yeah, rights can be cancelled by the gov't just because they think you might be a terrorist. Of course there is no due process here. But when the fuck has this administration ever cared about due process and the rule of law?

This is why the Reagan War on Drugs and the Bush War on Terrorism were so disconcerting.

Both these structures increased the ease with which the federal government could watch, detain, and jail civilians. They both gave big brother more power to intervene in the life of the states and free individuals. The reason I opposed these structures is because - unlike you - I don't trust government with more power, even when it's for a just cause. Republicans tend to give big government loads of power and money when it's for the right cause: terrorism, drugs, sin (abortion). They don't get it: we would all like a world free of terrorism; we would all like a better world without evil-doers, but some of us don't think government can solve BIG problems. We realize that the only thing we accomplish by giving government more Law Enforcement and Military power is a bigger more expensive government. The more power and money you give them, the bigger the mistakes they make. We're afraid of Romney because we know he will bring back the War on Terrorism - and he will grow Washington's surveillance powers as Bush did.

I remember when the right-leaning CATO Institute had this brilliant lecture series on the way the Bush administration expanded the definition a terrorist so as to make it easier for federal bureaucrats to track citizens. The Bush legal team argued that citizens have too many civil rights and too many protections which make it harder for the Federal Government to track terrorists. They said that terrorists hide beneath our freedoms and legal protections . . . making it necessary for Government get rid of those freedoms to find the terrorists and protect us. This meant that Big Brother needed more power to watch and track us.

Problem is, when you get rid of freedoms and legal rights, and when you make it easier for Big Brother to watch over and intervene in the life of the citizens, you are creating a power lever that will eventually be abused by an incompetent or immoral bureaucrat. You are using fear and the utopian promise of perfect safety to do one thing: make Washington more powerful.

The point is that we don't want concentrated power levers to exist in the first place. They are more dangerous than any external threat.

We believe that if you give government more money and power, they will only make things worse. We think if you grow government to protect freedom, they will end up taking that freedom away.

Homeland Security was created by Bush to protect us. But it turned into a bureaucratic nightmare. Please, we're begging you: stop growing government. Stop letting them scare you into destroying our freedoms.

A hidden world, growing beyond control (Printer friendly version)| washingtonpost.com

Based on what I've heard about the security procedure at Israeli airports it makes infinitely more sense than the stupidly aggressive and often inhumane practices employed by our TSA goons.

What I've heard suggests the Israelis approach the situation with reasoned awareness that rote mechanical process is far less effective than common sense assessment of each individual passenger. The seven year-old daughter of an Isreali physician would not be subjected to the same level of attention as would a twenty year-old Arabic male -- and for very obvious reasons. The decisive difference is the Israelis don't care who doesn't like the unmitigated profiling.

So I think Janet Napolitano should give some thought to replacing the offensively authoritarian one-size-fits-all system of airport security with the decidedly more sensible, and probably more effective, Israeli method.

the TSA is a joke. Just profile and do the right thing. Nope liberals have to make a stupid and pointless point and the middle class have to suffer (They HATE the middle class, it's their commie roots from the French Revolution, which is why they derisively call the middle class the bourgoisey)

dina-frank.jpg

The Transportation Security Administration is once again the subject of national scrutiny, this time after aggressively screening a 7-year-old female passenger with cerebral palsy which caused her family to miss their flight.

The girl, identified as Dina Frank in a report by The Daily, was waiting with her family on Monday to board a flight departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York headed to Florida.

Since Dina walks with the aid of leg braces and crutches, she cannot pass through airport metal detectors, and must instead submit to a pat-down by TSA agents.

Dina, who is also reportedly developmentally disabled, is usually frightened by the procedure. Her family reportedly requests that agents on hand take the time to introduce themselves to her.

However, the agents on duty at the time began to handle her aggressively instead.

Air travel is difficult to the family due to Dina’s disabilities, but the nature of Monday’s inspection was especially traumatic for the child.

“They make our lives completely difficult,” her father, Dr. Joshua Frank, a Long Island pediatrician, told The Daily. “She’s not a threat to national security.”

Frank taped the encounter, which ended when a supervisor inspected her crutches and let them pass. But agents followed up and insisted upon doing a full inspection of Dina.

Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To Girl With Cerebral Palsy « CBS DC
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Are you kidding me?

Holy toledo earlier I put up a thread about a 4 year old. WTF? The little girl was crying so hard the douche bag agent called for "backup because of the suspect". Let me get you the link.

dina-frank.jpg

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Are you kidding me?

Holy toledo earlier I put up a thread about a 4 year old. WTF? The little girl was crying so hard the douche bag agent called for "backup because of the suspect". Let me get you the link.

I guess they should feel fortunate they weren't 'detained' under the NDAA. What a Country. Thank you Big Brother.

Last edited:

A 7yr. old girl with cerebral palsy, an Al Qaeda Terrorist? My God, get it together Big Brother. What a mess.

Not that I agree with what happened, but who is to say that they suspected the girl? Perhaps, the terrorists could be the parents who believe that their daughter would avoid a pat down so they planted the device on her rather than tried to carry it aboard themselves? Obviously that is not the case here, but who is to say it is impossible.

I read the OP but have not yet read the full article. How early did they arrive for the flight? I seem to recall being told to arrive at least two hours early. How early was this family?

One more thing, we all, me included, bitch about the hassle of getting through security at airports, but what would most of us say if something terrible were to happen again? I suspect many of us bitching would blame airport security. And then what will we have to go through?

Immie

Your right wing created this policy you fucking idiots

Uh, your Dear Leader's been in there for over 3yrs. now. Things have gotten worse, not better. You guys actually voted to strengthen the Patriot Act and voted for the NDAA. So it's all on you now. Blaming BOOOOSH just doesn't cut it anymore.

A 7yr. old girl with cerebral palsy, an Al Qaeda Terrorist? My God, get it together Big Brother. What a mess.

Not that I agree with what happened, but who is to say that they suspected the girl? Perhaps, the terrorists could be the parents who believe that their daughter would avoid a pat down so they planted the device on her rather than tried to carry it aboard themselves? Obviously that is not the case here, but who is to say it is impossible.

I read the OP but have not yet read the full article. How early did they arrive for the flight? I seem to recall being told to arrive at least two hours early. How early was this family?

One more thing, we all, me included, bitch about the hassle of getting through security at airports, but what would most of us say if something terrible were to happen again? I suspect many of us bitching would blame airport security. And then what will we have to go through?

Immie

Well said.

Forum List

Back