Mitt Romney's Gay Spokesman: A Milestone in Republican Politics

R

rdean

Mitt Romney's Gay Spokesman: A Milestone in Republican Politics - Politics

As Grenell told the gay magazine The Advocate of his unsuccessful attempt to get his partner listed in the U.N.'s "Blue Book" of diplomatic personnel and their spouses: "Some people are going to yell at me, because it's been a quiet fight. I think a lot of people's style is to do a quiet fight." Not, by implication, his.

Michelangelo Signorile: What Romney's Choice of a Gay Spokesman Means

He is also a staunch and vocal advocate for what much of the Republican base believes is an effort to destroy the institution of marriage. As I noted two days ago, Grenell told Kerry Eleveld of The Advocate in 2008 that though he and his partner met in New York, he lamented that they couldn't marry there at the time. "It is not an option for us in New York, but hopefully someday soon it will be," he said. "In my mind, and in Matt's mind, this is it. We're married."

-------------------------------------------------

This might be the second "Etch a Sketch" moment. The base isn't going to like it.

Your point?

Etch-A-Sketch-Romney.jpg

Romney is perhaps more open minded than many give him credit for.

One take away point is that Mittens has been all kinds of ultra right wing, sucking up to the radicals, the baggers, the great unwashed of the pub party.

Now that he's a shoo-in for the nomination, he is heading straight to the center to suck up to those who believe they are "moderates".

That's why he's suddenly agreeing with the president about college loans and why the Ryan "plan" has suddenly gone away. Believe me, it has not gone anywhere. They just put it in a desk drawer until after the election. If they win, it will be passed so fast, you won't even notice their hands in your pockets.

Just wait ... Mr Etch A Sketch will get more and more reasonable as November draws near. He will pretend to be intelligent and actually care about the Little Guy. His speech was proof of that but he told so many lies, I thought he would trip over his nose as it was growing.

The rw's will also be falling all over themselves to talk about what a great guy he SUDDENLY became and they'll never wonder why he changed.

He did make one huge gaffe - telling us we should forget about all those who worked hard to get where they are and instead, how we should "congratulate" him and other white collar crooks.

Mr Etch A Sketch is a real piece of work.

Why is the GOP so afraid of gays anyway? To each his own. If you believe in less govt then what do you care about anyone else's lifestyles? Its NONE of your business.

One take away point is that Mittens has been all kinds of ultra right wing, sucking up to the radicals, the baggers, the great unwashed of the pub party.

Now that he's a shoo-in for the nomination, he is heading straight to the center to suck up to those who believe they are "moderates".

That's why he's suddenly agreeing with the president about college loans and why the Ryan "plan" has suddenly gone away. Believe me, it has not gone anywhere. They just put it in a desk drawer until after the election. If they win, it will be passed so fast, you won't even notice their hands in your pockets.

Just wait ... Mr Etch A Sketch will get more and more reasonable as November draws near. He will pretend to be intelligent and actually care about the Little Guy. His speech was proof of that but he told so many lies, I thought he would trip over his nose as it was growing.

The rw's will also be falling all over themselves to talk about what a great guy he SUDDENLY became and they'll never wonder why he changed.

He did make one huge gaffe - telling us we should forget about all those who worked hard to get where they are and instead, how we should "congratulate" him and other white collar crooks.

No, he sounds like a CANDIDATE, actually.

No, he sounds like a CANDIDATE, actually.

He sounds like several "CANDIDATES".

Why is the GOP so afraid of gays anyway? To each his own. If you believe in less govt then what do you care about anyone else's lifestyles? Its NONE of your business.

For some reason, they see gays as, well, "forbidden fruit". So delectable. Finger licking good. Spicy. One's not enough. So enticing. In fact, for many right wingers, breath the same air and you might get "turned".

For some reason, they see gays as, well, "forbidden fruit". So delectable. Finger licking good. Spicy. One's not enough. So enticing. In fact, for many right wingers, breath the same air and you might get "turned".

"THEY" Try being MORE devisive, if possible.

^^Deany shows his sickness...you ALL see it before your own eyes.

Not true that GOP is against gays. I am Repub. Speaking for myself and many of my Repub friends, we are for gay marriage and have no issues regarding gays. I think the left like to pretend, but as far as I know, only really religious people have an issue with gays. Many Democrats say they are Christians, so wouldn't many of them be against gay marriage because of their religion? And Muslims are against them. Hispanics are often Catholic, which are against gay marriage. I'm just pointing this out because somehow it's always the right who are accused of being homophobic and I don't think that is accurate.

It's more of a religious thing, not a party thing.

rdean, instead of more trash tossed at him, why isn't he getting applause for being open minded?

Why didn't the right applaud Obama for getting Bin Laden instead of trying to take credit?

Why did the Mormon church spend millions of charity money to harass the gays in California?

Why do Republicans want to teach mysticism along side science?

Why do Republicans support a man they call a member of a cult but call a true Christian a Muslim?

So many questions. So little time.

Forum List

Back