Police sergeant facing discipline over anti-Muslim Facebook posts launches free-speech lawsuit

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I'm a bit ambivalent about this but I do see some misinterpreting going on.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pol...ts-launches-freespeech-lawsuit-133319200.html
“To protect and to serve” has become the ubiquitous motto of law enforcement departments across America. But now a group of attorneys are questioning the boundaries of that creed — through a database exposing thousands of discriminatory and violent social media posts from police officers.

The database, called the Plain View Project, was launched by Philadelphia criminal defense attorney Emily Baker-White in June after she discovered violent and racist memes posted by an officer in one of her cases. Curious to see how widespread such rhetoric is among U.S. law enforcement, she enlisted the help of other attorneys and researchers to identify more than 3,500 personal Facebook accounts belonging to law enforcement officials

The SC says that isn't their job- and I agree with that- their job is to generate revenue and out fear in citizens-
Their motto should be Comply or Die- that's much more appropriate and more in line with that they do.

There are approximately 700,000:full time law enforcement officers in the US. 3500 equals less .005% of all officers. Should there be any? No, but the reality is there unfortunately will always be a few.

• Banned
There are approximately 700,000:full time law enforcement officers in the US. 3500 equals less .005% of all officers. Should there be any? No, but the reality is there unfortunately will always be a few.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Sadly

Forum List

Back