Police Pushback: Police Refuse To Provide Security At Dolphins Game As Players Take a Knee

I for one am happy to see this. It is a physical proof of several contentions of the protestors.

First, the propaganda that police are dedicated servants who seek to serve the community. Obviously nonsense. If you don’t bow down and worship them, they won’t lift a finger to protect the public.

Second. The idea that police seek only to obey and enforce the law. Again, nonsense. The truth as demonstrated by the Miami police on so many occasions is that they are little more than thugs in uniform hiding behind the badge. Like all spoiled children, if you don’t play by their rules, they will take their ball and bat and go home.

I think that we can all agree that the propaganda that the police are there to “protect and serve” can once and for all be laid to rest.

I mean, we’ve all known for years that the police really don’t do a damn thing to protect and serve anything but themselves. Thankfully, the Miami police now feel arrogant enough to stop pretending.

I think that's extreme. I see your point, but I wouldn't paint all police officers with the same brush.

that said, they did it to Springsteen at Shea Stadium when they didn't like a (great) song that he chose to perform.

There is a principle of teamwork. It is that everyone participates, and everyone keeps the faith. You don’t abandon a team mate. You don’t betray them. You stay loyal to the team. We call those who don’t do this traitors. It is one of the most vile epitaphs towards someone’s honor.

Look at Frank Serpico. Abandoned by other cops to be shot in the face. Rushed to the Hospital, because the cops who picked him up, responding to the phone call from a citizen that a cop had been shot, did not realize it was Serpico on the floor. They were overheard saying if they had known it was Serpico, they would have left him there to die. The other cops who were his partners did not call it in.

More recently, a cop was recording the conversations he was having about police conspiring to violate civil rights of the citizenry. When they learned of the recordings, the department arrested him and sent him to the psychiatric hold unit of the Hospital. Where he could be held incommunicado almost indefinitely. No one came forward to say this was wrong. No one came forward and said that he was telling the truth, that the recordings were honest.

It’s not all of them is another popular fiction. Granted the two examples I used were the NYPD, but let’s look at Miami. They keep “investigating” complaints about the officers and find no evidence. Then a video surfaces to support the claim. Then when the acts can no longer be denied, they make a statement about how upset, and shocked they are that this happened. They always tell us that the rest of the officers are so ashamed that their reputations were besmirched by the actions of one man. But one thing is always in common. The cops misbehaving, are never alone. There are other cops around, and their stories ALWAYS back up the claim of the one caught.

Why are they NEVER prosecuted for Perjury. They wrote the reports, and signed attesting the reports were true and correct. When they were neither true, nor correct.

We want to believe that the cops are good. We want to believe that they are great people who would never do something wrong. When they are caught, we are told that the long career was ruined by a single mistake. Really? Cops are caught the very first time the break the rules? Is that what I am expected to believe?

We see the truth before us, and we don’t want to believe it. We see the truth before us, and we want to believe in Santa Claus. We are approaching that season. Look at the Santa at the Mall. Look at the teenagers who no longer believe. Watch them. You’ll see something in their eyes, on their face. The same thing on the faces of many adults. They wished they still could believe in Santa. They long for the days when they could believe. Some more than others. In a way, we are like those children anxiously waiting in line to sit on the mans lap. We are happily ignorant of what the others already know. We believe in Santa in a manner of speaking.

If I keep a secret about a neighbor, a friend, and allow him to get away with a crime with my silence. I am not a good guy. If I tell a lie to protect that neighbor, I am not a good guy. If I know he did it, and say nothing. I can’t be a good guy no matter what else I do.

The movie Deadpool told a very important truth that we missed. Four or five moments. Most cops will have at least those four or five moments when they have the option of telling the truth, and they choose not to. They stay loyal to the team. They stay loyal to their fellow officers. They write the reports to make sure that the team is protected. They know if they are caught, they won’t be punished. They never are for telling a lie. If Bob is busted for beating an unresisting suspect, or shooting a man with his hands up, then nobody but Bob will face any penalty.

There is no Santa Claus. There are very few good honest cops at the most. I believe it is less than ten percent. I also believe that number may be optimistic.

there's a lot to unpack there that I don't really have time to address right now. but I will address the issue of Serpico. there is no question that police corruption was rampant at that time. but that isn't even what we're talking about. we're talking about bad cops shooting unarmed young black men for no reason. that wasn't the issue at the time of Serpico, it was bad cops on the take. and yes, cops protect each other...sometimes even bad cops. but that doesn't mean most cops will shoot an unarmed man for no reason. most would be horrified by that.

Police pushed back against Miami Dolphins protests – here’s what they did

"Police officers in the Miami area showed their disdain for the protests some Miami Dolphins players engaged in by refusing to provide security for their game Sunday against the New York Jets."

:clap:

"According to the Miami Herald, one third fewer of the normally scheduled police officers volunteered for the security detail at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Usually 400 off-duty officers show up to help keep order at the games, but only 175 had volunteered as of Thursday before the game, and more would have to be forced into working. Only 270 would be expected at the game.

“This whole movement started against police officers,” said Dade County Police Benevolent Association President John Rivera. “And now it’s morphed into disrespecting the flag and the country.”

That is the problem with police. You don't have to be educated to get the job. The protests haven't morphed into anything. The white public has decided to listen to Donald Trump lie.

If I owned the Dolphins I'd move my team.

Most big cities require a college education to be an officer.
Oh...and you dont get to just move your team,relocation is voted on by all the owners.

You got any other pearls of wisdom?

"Police officers in the Miami area showed their disdain for the protests some Miami Dolphins players engaged in by refusing to provide security for their game Sunday against the New York Jets."

"According to the Miami Herald, one third fewer of the normally scheduled police officers volunteered for the security detail at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Usually 400 off-duty officers show up to help keep order at the games, but only 175 had volunteered as of Thursday before the game, and more would have to be forced into working. Only 270 would be expected at the game.

“This whole movement started against police officers,” said Dade County Police Benevolent Association President John Rivera. “And now it’s morphed into disrespecting the flag and the country.”

That is the problem with police. You don't have to be educated to get the job. The protests haven't morphed into anything. The white public has decided to listen to Donald Trump lie.

Oh...and you dont get to just move your team,relocation is voted on by all the owners.

Yangot any other pearls of wisdom?

I don't think most "big cities" require a college education.

I know the rest of the country doesn't..People always forget there's a whole nation out there APART from the cities.

This thread is really simple.

Off-duty police officers decided to NOT volunteer their off-duty time to provide security for an NFL game during which millionaire players were protesting police officers at a point in pre-game activities - the national anthem - that projects to millions of Americans / fans a measure of disrespect to the national anthem, this country, and our veterans.

To take such action, or lack of action in this case, was well within their rights to do so, just as the players have the right to take a knee during the national anthem.

For anyone to defend the NFL players taking a knee yet criticize these off-duty police officers for their choices / actions is beyond hypocritical.

SIDENOTE:
If NFL players want to treat all police officers as violent, criminal and / or racists for the actions of a few policemen, perhaps we should start treating all NFL players like wife / girlfriend / woman-BEATERS?!

Just a thought....

Yangot any other pearls of wisdom?

I don't think most "big cities" require a college education.

I know the rest of the country doesn't..People always forget there's a whole nation out there APART from the cities.

Yep..turns out Miami doesnt require a college education.
But just because you went to college doesnt necessarily mean all that much.

What does the first amendment have to do with this?
The police didn't arrest any players for taking a knee.

RESPECT for the right to peacefully protest....Does THAT ring any bells?

One does NOT have the right to protest AT WORK while GETTING PAID. People routinely get fired for expressing unpopular beliefs.
No one has argued (that I can see) that the owners cannot fired their players if they want to. Why aren't they?

The First Amendment does not give you the right to protest at work, on the clock, while getting paid to do so. That is what I was addressing. People have been saying they are exercising their first amendment right by taking a knee (at work on the clock).
But the First Amendment DOES give you the right to protest at work, etc. That does not preclude your employer firing you.....that is THEIR right. However, the government cannot arrest you or punish you in anyway. The so-called president getting involved as he has, can set a dangerous precedent.

Congress has made no law forbidding football players from taking a knee. The 1st does not give you the right to protest at work. Any company is free to have a policy requiring you to respectfully represent the corporate view rather than your own while on the clock. Many companies do.

The so-called president getting involved as he has, can set a dangerous precedent.
God forbid the President be allowed to have an opinion. That could cause a catastrophic chain reaction of biblical proportions... Bwuhahahaha....

What does the first amendment have to do with this?
The police didn't arrest any players for taking a knee.

RESPECT for the right to peacefully protest....Does THAT ring any bells?

One does NOT have the right to protest AT WORK while GETTING PAID. People routinely get fired for expressing unpopular beliefs.
No one has argued (that I can see) that the owners cannot fired their players if they want to. Why aren't they?

The First Amendment does not give you the right to protest at work, on the clock, while getting paid to do so. That is what I was addressing. People have been saying they are exercising their first amendment right by taking a knee (at work on the clock).
But the First Amendment DOES give you the right to protest at work, etc. That does not preclude your employer firing you.....that is THEIR right. However, the government cannot arrest you or punish you in anyway. The so-called president getting involved as he has, can set a dangerous precedent.

Presidents offer their opinions on issues all the time, nothing unusual about it.

The so-called president getting involved as he has, can set a dangerous precedent.
God forbid the President be allowed to have an opinion. That could cause a catastrophic chain reaction of biblical proportions... Bwuhahahaha....

The president can have al the opinions he wants. But he cannot force unconstitutional behavior

The NFL players have every right to protest and if the NFL allows them to protest during the anthem, then that is between the players and the NFL. Jerry Jones seems to not allow the kneeling by his players for the anthem and is within his right. The police officers are not required to volunteer and they have every right to choose not to. I would also think a player kneeling for the anthem would have no use for a police officer that oppresses people, so I would think those player would also be extremely happy that the police officers are not there.

meh.... the blaze?

so glad you're proud that they don't defend the first amendment.

send hugs to Vlad, boichick
Retard alert, the COPS have 1st amendment rights too dumb ass.

meh.... the blaze?

2 way street, jill

Do you support the cops right to protest the protestors?

no. it really isn't.

that is the most BS false equivalency I have ever heard.

are your football players playing the game?

yes.

until not long ago, they didn't even come out onto the field until AFTER the anthem.

or do you delude yourself into thinking they're paid to stand?

they aren't.

and if the cops protest while NOT required to defend and protect people, I think they have every right to do so.

but I'll also say, any decent cop, and we have a lot of them where I live, WANTS good cops to be rewarded and bad cops to be punished because they make everyone look bad.

just saying.
Cops VOLUNTEER on their off duty time to work security at games, they are NOT doing as a paid cop dumb ass.

I for one am happy to see this. It is a physical proof of several contentions of the protestors.

First, the propaganda that police are dedicated servants who seek to serve the community. Obviously nonsense. If you don’t bow down and worship them, they won’t lift a finger to protect the public.

Second. The idea that police seek only to obey and enforce the law. Again, nonsense. The truth as demonstrated by the Miami police on so many occasions is that they are little more than thugs in uniform hiding behind the badge. Like all spoiled children, if you don’t play by their rules, they will take their ball and bat and go home.

I think that we can all agree that the propaganda that the police are there to “protect and serve” can once and for all be laid to rest.

I mean, we’ve all known for years that the police really don’t do a damn thing to protect and serve anything but themselves. Thankfully, the Miami police now feel arrogant enough to stop pretending.

I think that's extreme. I see your point, but I wouldn't paint all police officers with the same brush.

that said, they did it to Springsteen at Shea Stadium when they didn't like a (great) song that he chose to perform.

There is a principle of teamwork. It is that everyone participates, and everyone keeps the faith. You don’t abandon a team mate. You don’t betray them. You stay loyal to the team. We call those who don’t do this traitors. It is one of the most vile epitaphs towards someone’s honor.

Look at Frank Serpico. Abandoned by other cops to be shot in the face. Rushed to the Hospital, because the cops who picked him up, responding to the phone call from a citizen that a cop had been shot, did not realize it was Serpico on the floor. They were overheard saying if they had known it was Serpico, they would have left him there to die. The other cops who were his partners did not call it in.

More recently, a cop was recording the conversations he was having about police conspiring to violate civil rights of the citizenry. When they learned of the recordings, the department arrested him and sent him to the psychiatric hold unit of the Hospital. Where he could be held incommunicado almost indefinitely. No one came forward to say this was wrong. No one came forward and said that he was telling the truth, that the recordings were honest.

It’s not all of them is another popular fiction. Granted the two examples I used were the NYPD, but let’s look at Miami. They keep “investigating” complaints about the officers and find no evidence. Then a video surfaces to support the claim. Then when the acts can no longer be denied, they make a statement about how upset, and shocked they are that this happened. They always tell us that the rest of the officers are so ashamed that their reputations were besmirched by the actions of one man. But one thing is always in common. The cops misbehaving, are never alone. There are other cops around, and their stories ALWAYS back up the claim of the one caught.

Why are they NEVER prosecuted for Perjury. They wrote the reports, and signed attesting the reports were true and correct. When they were neither true, nor correct.

We want to believe that the cops are good. We want to believe that they are great people who would never do something wrong. When they are caught, we are told that the long career was ruined by a single mistake. Really? Cops are caught the very first time the break the rules? Is that what I am expected to believe?

We see the truth before us, and we don’t want to believe it. We see the truth before us, and we want to believe in Santa Claus. We are approaching that season. Look at the Santa at the Mall. Look at the teenagers who no longer believe. Watch them. You’ll see something in their eyes, on their face. The same thing on the faces of many adults. They wished they still could believe in Santa. They long for the days when they could believe. Some more than others. In a way, we are like those children anxiously waiting in line to sit on the mans lap. We are happily ignorant of what the others already know. We believe in Santa in a manner of speaking.

If I keep a secret about a neighbor, a friend, and allow him to get away with a crime with my silence. I am not a good guy. If I tell a lie to protect that neighbor, I am not a good guy. If I know he did it, and say nothing. I can’t be a good guy no matter what else I do.

The movie Deadpool told a very important truth that we missed. Four or five moments. Most cops will have at least those four or five moments when they have the option of telling the truth, and they choose not to. They stay loyal to the team. They stay loyal to their fellow officers. They write the reports to make sure that the team is protected. They know if they are caught, they won’t be punished. They never are for telling a lie. If Bob is busted for beating an unresisting suspect, or shooting a man with his hands up, then nobody but Bob will face any penalty.

There is no Santa Claus. There are very few good honest cops at the most. I believe it is less than ten percent. I also believe that number may be optimistic.
Again for the ohh so slow and STUPID the cops are NOT acting as cops when they preform security at FL games they are OFF DUTY and being paid as PRIVATE citizens. They are NOT on duty their duty does NOT require them to protect the NFL, they act as private citizens doing so.

there's a lot to unpack there that I don't really have time to address right now. but I will address the issue of Serpico. there is no question that police corruption was rampant at that time. but that isn't even what we're talking about. we're talking about bad cops shooting unarmed young black men for no reason. that wasn't the issue at the time of Serpico, it was bad cops on the take. and yes, cops protect each other...sometimes even bad cops. but that doesn't mean most cops will shoot an unarmed man for no reason. most would be horrified by that.
Only 16 unarmed black men were shot by cops in 2016. Down from 35 the year before and in almost VERY CASE the cops were found to be justified for one reason or another. You should know that being a lawyer and all.

meh.... the blaze?

Yes they do. However the first amendment does not give them the right to refuse to do their duty.

Again for the ohh so slow and STUPID the cops are NOT acting as cops when they preform security at FL games they are OFF DUTY and being paid as PRIVATE citizens. They are NOT on duty their duty does NOT require them to protect the NFL, they act as private citizens doing so.

So refusing to obey an order from a cop at a sporting event is perfectly legal? If you bash one over the noggin with a beer bottle is it simple assault or assaulting a police officer?

meh.... the blaze?

Yes they do. However the first amendment does not give them the right to refuse to do their duty.

their duty?

Forum List

Back