Police Pushback: Police Refuse To Provide Security At Dolphins Game As Players Take a Knee

Liberal ideology on display through exercising 1st Amendment Rights is a good enough reason for snowflakes to open 3 -4 threads about it...but when someone pushes back and exercises their 1st Amendment Right to oppose liberal ideology suddenly snowflakes want to know why the thread is tolerated / worthy of being posted in 'politics'....

Again, thank you snowflakes for demonstrating the extreme level of liberal intolerance to anyone opposing your opinions and ideology.

If you had more functioning brain cells you too would figure out that players are protesting police brutality.....and these same police, are protesting being called out on their brutalities.
Then the players are safer without them.

Personally, I find the question odd coming from a poster that puts every thread he creates in Politics.

Since MY theme is to bash Trump's constant screw-ups, I would think that they DO belong in "politics".......Can you separate the dancer from the dance, as a poet once stated???.....LOL

Just because it's about Trump, or Obama, or the Clintons, or the Bushes...

does NOT make it political.

Melanias shoes?

not political

Trumps daddys fictitious involvement with the kkk?

Not political.

God gave you a brain, why do you only use half of it?

(if that much)

What does the first amendment have to do with this?
The police didn't arrest any players for taking a knee.

RESPECT for the right to peacefully protest....Does THAT ring any bells?

One does NOT have the right to protest AT WORK while GETTING PAID. People routinely get fired for expressing unpopular beliefs.
No one has argued (that I can see) that the owners cannot fired their players if they want to. Why aren't they?

They have LARGE monetary investments in them...

What are you babbling about Troll?

I never said the players don't have the Constitutional right to protest, F*tard.

I am just pointing out how these millionaires who protect those among their ranks who beat up women have taken a knee to disrespect the very men and women aro8nd them who have provided for their protection....and many of those who have protected them just gave them the finger by refusing to do so anymore on their spare time. That is exercising THEIR rights. So go spend your Russian Rubles elsewhere. No discord to sow here, comrade.

My comment regards the acuity of these mercenary "police officers"......They have the right to not work because they're ignorant about the fact that EVERYONE has the right to protest.

Do you "think" that others will work in their stead? Yes or No?

You are the only one that is ignorant, they are not denying them their rights.

What does the first amendment have to do with this?
The police didn't arrest any players for taking a knee.

RESPECT for the right to peacefully protest....Does THAT ring any bells?

One does NOT have the right to protest AT WORK while GETTING PAID. People routinely get fired for expressing unpopular beliefs.
No one has argued (that I can see) that the owners cannot fired their players if they want to. Why aren't they?

The First Amendment does not give you the right to protest at work, on the clock, while getting paid to do so. That is what I was addressing. People have been saying they are exercising their first amendment right by taking a knee (at work on the clock).
But the First Amendment DOES give you the right to protest at work, etc. That does not preclude your employer firing you.....that is THEIR right. However, the government cannot arrest you or punish you in anyway. The so-called president getting involved as he has, can set a dangerous precedent.

And everyone, including the President, has the right to express their displeasure of those protesting at work and/or the owners who allow their workers to protest at work.

Then the players are safer without them.
How do you figure? If the NFL players are safer without the police then maybe the police should stop providing security for all games, and the tax exempt multi-billion dollar NFL should hire their own security?!

And everyone, including the President, has the right to express their displeasure of those protesting at work and/or the owners who allow their workers to protest at work.
Libs believe the only ones allowed to exercise their 1st Amendment rights are Libs or those supporting Lib ideology. This has been demonstrated numerous times in this thread so far...

Police pushed back against Miami Dolphins protests – here’s what they did

"Police officers in the Miami area showed their disdain for the protests some Miami Dolphins players engaged in by refusing to provide security for their game Sunday against the New York Jets."

:clap:

"According to the Miami Herald, one third fewer of the normally scheduled police officers volunteered for the security detail at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Usually 400 off-duty officers show up to help keep order at the games, but only 175 had volunteered as of Thursday before the game, and more would have to be forced into working. Only 270 would be expected at the game.

“This whole movement started against police officers,” said Dade County Police Benevolent Association President John Rivera. “And now it’s morphed into disrespecting the flag and the country.”

meh.... the blaze?

so glad you're proud that they don't defend the first amendment.

send hugs to Vlad, boichick

meh.... the blaze?
I love how snowflakes, when stuck unable to oppose a point made my someone else, attempts to minimize the person's argument by slighting their source....when their own party and they have used white supremacist web sites and DNC propaganda-pushing media that has had to recant numerous stories and fire reporters for lies.

Bwuhahahaha.......

"Police officers in the Miami area showed their disdain for the protests some Miami Dolphins players engaged in by refusing to provide security for their game Sunday against the New York Jets."

"According to the Miami Herald, one third fewer of the normally scheduled police officers volunteered for the security detail at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Usually 400 off-duty officers show up to help keep order at the games, but only 175 had volunteered as of Thursday before the game, and more would have to be forced into working. Only 270 would be expected at the game.

“This whole movement started against police officers,” said Dade County Police Benevolent Association President John Rivera. “And now it’s morphed into disrespecting the flag and the country.”

meh.... the blaze?

2 way street, jill

Do you support the cops right to protest the protestors?

meh.... the blaze?
I love how snowflakes, when stuck unable to oppose a point made my someone else, attempts to minimize the person's argument by slighting their source....when their own party and they have used white supremacist web sites and DNC propaganda-pushing media that has had to recant numerous stories and fire reporters for lies.

Bwuhahahaha.......

Don't forget the obligatory reference to the USSR.
Even though it no longer exists.

meh.... the blaze?

2 way street, jill

Do you support the cops right to protest the protestors?

no. it really isn't.

that is the most BS false equivalency I have ever heard.

are your football players playing the game?

yes.

until not long ago, they didn't even come out onto the field until AFTER the anthem.

or do you delude yourself into thinking they're paid to stand?

they aren't.

and if the cops protest while NOT required to defend and protect people, I think they have every right to do so.

but I'll also say, any decent cop, and we have a lot of them where I live, WANTS good cops to be rewarded and bad cops to be punished because they make everyone look bad.

just saying.

I for one am happy to see this. It is a physical proof of several contentions of the protestors.

First, the propaganda that police are dedicated servants who seek to serve the community. Obviously nonsense. If you don’t bow down and worship them, they won’t lift a finger to protect the public.

Second. The idea that police seek only to obey and enforce the law. Again, nonsense. The truth as demonstrated by the Miami police on so many occasions is that they are little more than thugs in uniform hiding behind the badge. Like all spoiled children, if you don’t play by their rules, they will take their ball and bat and go home.

I think that we can all agree that the propaganda that the police are there to “protect and serve” can once and for all be laid to rest.

I mean, we’ve all known for years that the police really don’t do a damn thing to protect and serve anything but themselves. Thankfully, the Miami police now feel arrogant enough to stop pretending.

I for one am happy to see this. It is a physical proof of several contentions of the protestors.

First, the propaganda that police are dedicated servants who seek to serve the community. Obviously nonsense. If you don’t bow down and worship them, they won’t lift a finger to protect the public.

Second. The idea that police seek only to obey and enforce the law. Again, nonsense. The truth as demonstrated by the Miami police on so many occasions is that they are little more than thugs in uniform hiding behind the badge. Like all spoiled children, if you don’t play by their rules, they will take their ball and bat and go home.

I think that we can all agree that the propaganda that the police are there to “protect and serve” can once and for all be laid to rest.

I mean, we’ve all known for years that the police really don’t do a damn thing to protect and serve anything but themselves. Thankfully, the Miami police now feel arrogant enough to stop pretending.

I think that's extreme. I see your point, but I wouldn't paint all police officers with the same brush.

that said, they did it to Springsteen at Shea Stadium when they didn't like a (great) song that he chose to perform.

I think that's extreme. I see your point, but I wouldn't paint all police officers with the same brush.

that said, they did it to Springsteen at Shea Stadium when they didn't like a (great) song that he chose to perform.

There is a principle of teamwork. It is that everyone participates, and everyone keeps the faith. You don’t abandon a team mate. You don’t betray them. You stay loyal to the team. We call those who don’t do this traitors. It is one of the most vile epitaphs towards someone’s honor.

Look at Frank Serpico. Abandoned by other cops to be shot in the face. Rushed to the Hospital, because the cops who picked him up, responding to the phone call from a citizen that a cop had been shot, did not realize it was Serpico on the floor. They were overheard saying if they had known it was Serpico, they would have left him there to die. The other cops who were his partners did not call it in.

More recently, a cop was recording the conversations he was having about police conspiring to violate civil rights of the citizenry. When they learned of the recordings, the department arrested him and sent him to the psychiatric hold unit of the Hospital. Where he could be held incommunicado almost indefinitely. No one came forward to say this was wrong. No one came forward and said that he was telling the truth, that the recordings were honest.

It’s not all of them is another popular fiction. Granted the two examples I used were the NYPD, but let’s look at Miami. They keep “investigating” complaints about the officers and find no evidence. Then a video surfaces to support the claim. Then when the acts can no longer be denied, they make a statement about how upset, and shocked they are that this happened. They always tell us that the rest of the officers are so ashamed that their reputations were besmirched by the actions of one man. But one thing is always in common. The cops misbehaving, are never alone. There are other cops around, and their stories ALWAYS back up the claim of the one caught.

Why are they NEVER prosecuted for Perjury. They wrote the reports, and signed attesting the reports were true and correct. When they were neither true, nor correct.

We want to believe that the cops are good. We want to believe that they are great people who would never do something wrong. When they are caught, we are told that the long career was ruined by a single mistake. Really? Cops are caught the very first time the break the rules? Is that what I am expected to believe?

We see the truth before us, and we don’t want to believe it. We see the truth before us, and we want to believe in Santa Claus. We are approaching that season. Look at the Santa at the Mall. Look at the teenagers who no longer believe. Watch them. You’ll see something in their eyes, on their face. The same thing on the faces of many adults. They wished they still could believe in Santa. They long for the days when they could believe. Some more than others. In a way, we are like those children anxiously waiting in line to sit on the mans lap. We are happily ignorant of what the others already know. We believe in Santa in a manner of speaking.

If I keep a secret about a neighbor, a friend, and allow him to get away with a crime with my silence. I am not a good guy. If I tell a lie to protect that neighbor, I am not a good guy. If I know he did it, and say nothing. I can’t be a good guy no matter what else I do.

The movie Deadpool told a very important truth that we missed. Four or five moments. Most cops will have at least those four or five moments when they have the option of telling the truth, and they choose not to. They stay loyal to the team. They stay loyal to their fellow officers. They write the reports to make sure that the team is protected. They know if they are caught, they won’t be punished. They never are for telling a lie. If Bob is busted for beating an unresisting suspect, or shooting a man with his hands up, then nobody but Bob will face any penalty.

There is no Santa Claus. There are very few good honest cops at the most. I believe it is less than ten percent. I also believe that number may be optimistic.

Forum List

Back