Police Chief says Officer Wilson will likely not be charged.

Actually, if I had to guess, Wilson was probably in the Isosceles Stance. It is a much more natural stance to flow into when attempting to apprehend a suspect

In either case however,shell casings probably would not have landed at his feet. Especially if he was advancing as he fired,they would be in a trail behind him.
Had to be the Isosceles. He was not hitting center mass and that stance is harder to keep control of the weapon. Probably switched to the Weaver for the last couple of shots.

The stance doesnt dictate where your shots hit. That would be aim.
And it's highly unlikely he switched stances mid stream since people shoot with the stance they are most comfortable with.

There you go again. If your stance is unstable it affects your aim. The isoscles is less stable than the Weaver. Its not highly unlikely he switched stances midstream. In fact its highly probable seeing as he initially was not hitting center mass.

If the stance feels unstable to the shooter it would be unlikely that he would use it.
Most learn to shoot from a certain stance,I learned from the Weaver and would never shoot from the isosceles.

You might. FBI studies show that under sudden stress many people, including cops, reflexively shoot isosceles. Its the only reason some PDs still teach that stance. They study says they dont know why it happens, maybe like taking a fighting stance our animalistic roots wire us to under stress. But under sudden stress lots of people shoot their first few from an isosceles no matter how they train. Go figure.
I have observed most people do a hybrid of the 2 stances. I think I have heard it referred to as the MI stance.

How about using THIS stance

s_640x_480_3-tm-tfb.jpg
What the hell is that!

That's called "Sending another thug to his eternal dirt nap", like Micheal
Brown.

Had to be the Isosceles. He was not hitting center mass and that stance is harder to keep control of the weapon. Probably switched to the Weaver for the last couple of shots.

And it's highly unlikely he switched stances mid stream since people shoot with the stance they are most comfortable with.

There you go again. If your stance is unstable it affects your aim. The isoscles is less stable than the Weaver. Its not highly unlikely he switched stances midstream. In fact its highly probable seeing as he initially was not hitting center mass.

If the stance feels unstable to the shooter it would be unlikely that he would use it.
Most learn to shoot from a certain stance,I learned from the Weaver and would never shoot from the isosceles.

You might. FBI studies show that under sudden stress many people, including cops, reflexively shoot isosceles. Its the only reason some PDs still teach that stance. They study says they dont know why it happens, maybe like taking a fighting stance our animalistic roots wire us to under stress. But under sudden stress lots of people shoot their first few from an isosceles no matter how they train. Go figure.

Having never fired a pistol in combat I wouldnt know.
The Weaver feels natural to me,but then I've used it for for over thirty years so I guess thats no surprise.

I train weaver and vastly prefer it. With Atlanta PD I only had one incident of shots being fired at me and I had to shoot back. I remember falling I into isosceles at first without thinking then adjusting as I sought hard cover.

Anyway...train both. The best stance is the one where you hit the threat and remain standing haha!

Having never fired a pistol in combat I wouldnt know.
The Weaver feels natural to me,but then I've used it for for over thirty years so I guess thats no surprise.

The Tactical Stance is the best, but I find it doubtful that Wilson used that particular stance, possible but unlikely

If you have advanced training you would/could possibly use either depending on the range.

Range? You're talking 75 feet or so for most handguns. Range isn't a factor. It's almost entirely about personal preference.

The ONLY real advantage in my mind is that it is easier to move while in the Isosceles. Ideally you don't want to move at all, of course, but rarely do you get ideal in the field.
Speaking about accuracy in a certain range. I find the Isosceles to be less stable which throws off my aim slightly..

Your aim is off cuz you're holding the gun sideways crackhead

:D

Tip. Dont watch Boyz in the Hood after your meth episodes.

If you have advanced training you would/could possibly use either depending on the range.

Range? You're talking 75 feet or so for most handguns. Range isn't a factor. It's almost entirely about personal preference.

The ONLY real advantage in my mind is that it is easier to move while in the Isosceles. Ideally you don't want to move at all, of course, but rarely do you get ideal in the field.
Speaking about accuracy in a certain range. I find the Isosceles to be less stable which throws off my aim slightly..

Surely you arent denying that black criminals like to hold their guns sideways

No comment.

Any trained police officer, at least in the US, who would fire a handgun negro-style AKA sideways would be fired and laughed out of the force.
"What's the dumbest/most dangerous/least accurate way to fire a semi automatic handgun?" "That would be how the negroes do it when they are murdering their cousin for a fucking pair of Nikes sir".

Dont people usually do dives and shoot at the same time when taking cover? I saw it in a movie so it must be true

Dont people usually do dives and shoot at the same time when taking cover? I saw it in a movie so it must be true

I have actually done the " leaping behing a dumpster while returning fire"

Unfortunately it isn't as accurate in real life as in movies

Anyone who fires off a clip of some of larger caliber semi-automatic handguns sideways is looking at the possibility of causing severe wrist damage. Only people with limited IQ's will do it.
Try it once
When my job required me to carry a handgun I did what most others did. I bought the next caliber up and payed for the custom holster to make it look like it was standard issue.
The 'brass' knew about it and looked the other way.
"When you need a gun only a gun will do". A.C.

it had to be at least 20 feet

since brown is lying next to three bullet casings
I would take that to mean Wilson walked up on Brown and kept shooting him just like the eye witness described.

How close do you think Wilson was to the suspect when he fired his last shot?
I dont know. I only have the eyewitness account to go on. Even if he never walked up on him how hard would it be to drop 3 shell casings near Brown?

Just this: If the eyewitnesses were "witnessing" the event and Wilson did that, do you not think we would have heard about it long ago? IOW, no, he didn't walk up and drop the casings. He would have had to collect them from the ground first, walk over and place them. He didn't.
Depends on if the witness saw him do it in the confusion resulting in other cops arriving. Another cop could have dropped the shells as well to help Wilson out. Cops have arranged crimes scenes millions of times before. Why would this one be any different?

Unless there is actual evidence that occurred, I'm not going to give it much credence. I mean, you can conjecture all day long and spin all sorts of scenarios, but it ultimately comes down to forensics and what can be proven.

You kill a cop, you get taken down. It's just that simple, because they will NOT stop until they have you.
There are consequence to every action. I accept that. The cop would still die before I would if one every pulled a stunt on me like that.

You're assuming that a cop who has you in a head lock is trying to kill you. I disagree. I think a cop who is trying to kill you will shoot you. If he has you in a headlock, he's trying to subdue you. Don't resist, you live. If he was wrong, your lawyer has a field day and you get rich. Resist, and you get taken down by the backup that arrives before you can do jack squat and end up in jail with a few reminders of how stupid you were.
I dont assume he trying to kill me. What makes you think that?

Where you said "Except his widow would be getting his pension instead of me dying".
That was in regard to him pulling his weapon. If he pulled his weapon then i would think he was trying to kill me. I wouldnt let it get to that point.

If you make him believe his life is threatened, he's going to pull his weapon. At that point, you have two choices:

1. Stop fighting and take your lumps like a man.
2. Keep fighting like a punk and wind up dead.

I would take that to mean Wilson walked up on Brown and kept shooting him just like the eye witness described.

I dont know. I only have the eyewitness account to go on. Even if he never walked up on him how hard would it be to drop 3 shell casings near Brown?

Just this: If the eyewitnesses were "witnessing" the event and Wilson did that, do you not think we would have heard about it long ago? IOW, no, he didn't walk up and drop the casings. He would have had to collect them from the ground first, walk over and place them. He didn't.
Depends on if the witness saw him do it in the confusion resulting in other cops arriving. Another cop could have dropped the shells as well to help Wilson out. Cops have arranged crimes scenes millions of times before. Why would this one be any different?

Unless there is actual evidence that occurred, I'm not going to give it much credence. I mean, you can conjecture all day long and spin all sorts of scenarios, but it ultimately comes down to forensics and what can be proven.
Why would you think there would be evidence they messed with the evidence? Thats the whole point of planting evidence. Rarely do you get caught.

Anyone who fires off a clip of some of larger caliber semi-automatic handguns sideways is looking at the possibility of causing severe wrist damage. Only people with limited IQ's will do it.
Try it once
When my job required me to carry a handgun I did what most others did. I bought the next caliber up and payed for the custom holster to make it look like it was standard issue.
The 'brass' knew about it and looked the other way.
"When you need a gun only a gun will do". A.C.

I carried, and still carry , a 40 S&W

I own a Desert Eagle .50 but Jesus that's too much handgun. I don't even enjoy shooting it.

There are consequence to every action. I accept that. The cop would still die before I would if one every pulled a stunt on me like that.

You're assuming that a cop who has you in a head lock is trying to kill you. I disagree. I think a cop who is trying to kill you will shoot you. If he has you in a headlock, he's trying to subdue you. Don't resist, you live. If he was wrong, your lawyer has a field day and you get rich. Resist, and you get taken down by the backup that arrives before you can do jack squat and end up in jail with a few reminders of how stupid you were.

Where you said "Except his widow would be getting his pension instead of me dying".
That was in regard to him pulling his weapon. If he pulled his weapon then i would think he was trying to kill me. I wouldnt let it get to that point.

If you make him believe his life is threatened, he's going to pull his weapon. At that point, you have two choices:

Why would he think his life was threatened if he was minding his own business and not attempting to put me in a headlock?

Why would you think there would be evidence they messed with the evidence? Thats the whole point of planting evidence. Rarely do you get caught.

Sorry bro, you have to prove your case if you think have one, you don't get to just assume the white cop is guilty. Sucks to be you (mostly because you're black, but also because you're wrong in this case)

Why would he think his life was threatened if he was minding his own business and not attempting to put me in a headlock?

LOL the cop was doing his job by stopping someone who was A) walking in the middle of the road and B) dressed similar to a reported robbery suspect.

Sorry bro, you have to prove your case if you think have one, you don't get to just assume the white cop is guilty. Sucks to be you (mostly because you're black, but also because you're wrong in this case)
No I dont have to prove anything. I'm not in court. I'm on a message board explaining how cops plant evidence as evidenced by the fact some have been caught doing just that.

LOL the cop was doing his job by stopping someone who was A) walking in the middle of the road and B) dressed similar to a reported robbery suspect.
You dont grab people in headlocks for jay walking. Sorry but that excuse doesnt fly. When he harrassed them he had no knowledge of the supposed robbery as admitted by the chief himself.

Most cops are people that couldnt cut it in the military so they have something to prove. Sort of like the rent-a-cops that got cut for the academy. They go around with large chips on their shoulders harassing people because they have a badge. The one that has the misfortune of stepping out of line with me by putting hands on me is going to wish he hadnt as life fades from his eyes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back