Please. How do you guys keep your Faith when you are going through the wringer?

Some of you have heard my story and know about my plight to some degree. In short, I have a lot of enemies here in Canada who have made the life for myself and my wife, nearly unbearable. Without question, many would have given up and not fought, but I'm so accustomed to serious adversity from such a young age, I've been able to weather the storm and even fight back.

I try and stay positive and do what's right, and I know I wont waver, but my "soul" feels off kilt. Meaning I just don't feel myself as I fight uphill to have my life returned. I swear more, I lose my patience, I feel the injustice to my core and it makes me resentful about G-d and I lose faith not just in G-d but in those around me.

For those familiar with the Old Testament, think of the Book of Job. That's the character in the bible I relate to most. Now I know we all ask "why me" to the man above, from time to time when we are thrown a curve, but I have suffered for so long while trying to take the high road against all odds, and I just feel that I lose my discipline and become "like them", like the animals (for lack of a nicer word) who cause us this harm and who are lacking Faith and character of their own.

How do you all keep the Faith through extreme stress and adversity? I find myself praying for others and I don't get the answer I seek. Maybe I should pray more for myself. Ideas?

Cheers.
Pray and do what is right and keep your nose to the grindstone.

You should pray for yourself that you do the right thing. God is trying to tell you something .

Please. How do you guys keep your Faith when you are going through the wringer?

anigif_sub-buzz-15722-1509361244-1.gif

carol-spoilers.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2Fi-regret-nothing.gif

I laugh....

You need to believe in as many faiths as possible so that you are covered from head to feet, preferably washed by the Pope Himself, just to be sure.
Actually, no. It may do well to keep in mind there is more than one way to skin a cat--or do about anything. Look at all the things that worked for others! If you want to connect with God, just do it. Seek Him.

You need to believe in as many faiths as possible so that you are covered from head to feet, preferably washed by the Pope Himself, just to be sure.
Actually, no. It may do well to keep in mind there is more than one way to skin a cat--or do about anything. Look at all the things that worked for others! If you want to connect with God, just do it. Seek Him.
Most people believe in god "just in case" it's true. So why not believe in all the gods out there? Maybe someone is right? What makes you think that it's you?

Most people believe in god "just in case" it's true. So why not believe in all the gods out there? Maybe someone is right? What makes you think that it's you?

Most parents introduce their children to a number of activities--sports, drama, hobbies, educational topics, religion, etc) so that the child can pursue their interests and passions.

Some of us develop a passion for God and a great interest in reports from our ancestor of how God has interacted with mankind down through the ages and make a study--even a hobby--of that.

I have taken a great interest in Biblical accounts of God--especially after my own experiences. Here's the deal. My own experiences only confirm a tiny portion of all that is written about God. What makes you think some one is right and all others are wrong? It is my own opinion is that all who have had experiences of God are correct--we all just need to keep in mind that the little we do know of God should keep us mindful of the greater portion we don't know.

As far as people like you, Taz, who feel some great need to jeer at people of faith, ask yourself, "Which sport do I dislike most?" Then answer, Why aren't you out in some sports venue mocking them?

You don't believe, you don't want to believe, you have no interest in believing. So why not stop being a bully and find your own passion of what YOU like to do. Pursue that. It's more rewarding than being a bully.

Because there is only one true God .

Most parents introduce their children to a number of activities--sports, drama, hobbies, educational topics, religion, etc) so that the child can pursue their interests and passions.

Some of us develop a passion for God and a great interest in reports from our ancestor of how God has interacted with mankind down through the ages and make a study--even a hobby--of that.

I have taken a great interest in Biblical accounts of God--especially after my own experiences. Here's the deal. My own experiences only confirm a tiny portion of all that is written about God. What makes you think some one is right and all others are wrong? It is my own opinion is that all who have had experiences of God are correct--we all just need to keep in mind that the little we do know of God should keep us mindful of the greater portion we don't know.

As far as people like you, Taz, who feel some great need to jeer at people of faith, ask yourself, "Which sport do I dislike most?" Then answer, Why aren't you out in some sports venue mocking them?

You don't believe, you don't want to believe, you have no interest in believing. So why not stop being a bully and find your own passion of what YOU like to do. Pursue that. It's more rewarding than being a bully.
You're the one who answered me, if you can't handle what I say, buzz off and go play with the children. Don't come and try to bully me into not being a bully, bullying only works for your god. Well, and the guys who pass around the collection plates. :04:

But that's what they all say. Why not cover all the bets?

The Bible is the only text that contains thousands of fulfilled prophecies. Jesus is the only one who lived a sinless life, died and rose again. The Bible is the only book that has changed countless lives for the better. The Bible is the only book that explains why we are here and explains our sinful condition and what we must do to change it. Wherever the word of God is preached, lives are changed and people are set free; to live their lives in accordance to their God-given conscience.

This is true, but it is also true we humans have many ways of describing our experiences of God. Just as no one has the same description of an event they witnessed, no one has the same description of God, either.

You're the one who answered me, if you can't handle what I say, buzz off and go play with the children. Don't come and try to bully me into not being a bully, bullying only works for your god. Well, and the guys who pass around the collection plates.

Somehow, I just knew you would understand.

Because the one true God said you shall have no other gods before him

Maybe because we are not 'covering' all bets....we actually BELIEVE in one God, the father, the almighty? I don't think there is a believer in the world that believes, so to cover "all bets"..... they do not believe at all, if they are allegedly believing for the purpose of covering all bets imho.

You're the one who answered me, if you can't handle what I say, buzz off and go play with the children. Don't come and try to bully me into not being a bully, bullying only works for your god. Well, and the guys who pass around the collection plates. :04:
Can't you handle what he is saying?

A real god wouldn’t be so insecure. And there’s no proof that yours cares what we do.

Maybe because we are not 'covering' all bets....we actually BELIEVE in one God, the father, the almighty? I don't think there is a believer in the world that believes, so to cover "all bets"..... they do not believe at all, if they are allegedly believing for the purpose of covering all bets imho.
There’s no proof that your god is a real god, or the only one. Covering all bets is therefore quite logical.

A real god wouldn’t be so insecure. And there’s no proof that yours cares what we do.
He gave you what you wanted free will.

He answered me and basically tried to bully me into shutting up because he can’t handle my positions. You guys have no answers for me and get all bent out of shape at me. It’s fun, but I have to some times slap one of you because you’re all not that sharp and believe in really whacky things without proof and throw tantrums when you don’t get your way. :biggrin:

God is never insecure.
God wants our love, worship, and praise not because God needs anything from us, but because when we focus our hearts and minds on God instead of on ourselves, we open ourselves up to new love, light, and power from God.

In other words, God wants our love, worship, and praise so that God can more fully love us, enlighten us, and help us as we travel along our often dark and troublesome path of life

He answered me and basically tried to bully me into shutting up because he can’t handle my positions. You guys have no answers for me and get all bent out of shape at me. It’s fun, but I have to some times slap one of you because you’re all not that sharp and believe in really whacky things without proof and throw tantrums when you don’t get your way. :biggrin:
I think you should re-read everything you have written in ten years and see if you feel the same.

Forum List

Back