please help me find my starter motor

Turn on your head lights and have someone watch when you try and start the vehicle. If they dim or go out then there is a problem in the charging system, aka the battery or connections. If the light stays pretty much the same then it is something in the starting system
Nice trick to figure things out! I need to remember that one.

You're welcome to look around the forest here -- several years ago I'm walking in the woods on the property, I see an object sitting in the stream. I pick it up and immediately recognize it as a starter from a MOPAR slant six (I changed a few back in the daze). Of course back then (packs pipe, lights up, puffs) it was just two bolts off, two bolts on. Now you prolly gotta dismantle everything from the transmission to the right rear brakelight.

The things ya find in the woods -- starter, air cleaner, several tires, not one but two refrigerators and a washer, TV antenna elements -- vestiges of the way folks not very long ago would get rid of their junk by just toting it down yonder out of sight, reminding us we haven't come that far from apes.

I'm hoping it's your battery. That would be the easiest to deal with (and cheapest).

(re-lights pipe, puffs, stares into distance.... spits)

Turn on your head lights and have someone watch when you try and start the vehicle. If they dim or go out then there is a problem in the charging system, aka the battery or connections. If the light stays pretty much the same then it is something in the starting system
Nice trick to figure things out! I need to remember that one.

Or turn your key on and see if (a) your interior lights look normal and (b) your turn signal works at normal pace.

Forum List

Back