PLEASE for the name of GOD I don't know how much longer I can take this tinnitus that I got from stress of preparing for the lockdown on March 1st !!!

Wintw

Silver Member
Jul 31, 2016
PLEASE for the name of GOD I don't know how much longer I can take this tinnitus that I got from stress of preparing for the lockdown on March 1st !!! It's a never ending HIGH pitched ear piercing sound!!! :( I'm 42. How am I going to go on?! I am taking Lip Flavonoid (which makes me vomit so I eat it with Domino's Lave Cakes) which thus far is doing nothing to help.

White noise helps. I had tinnitus for years. Still get a round of it now and then. When I do, I have a fan running. Or, I sleep with a youtube vid of White Noise. rain. wind. crackling fireplace, etc that loops for 10 to 12 hours straight. Also, aspirin can cause tinnitus.
I read somewhere that when there is ringing in your ears, it means your brain is repairing itself from some cause. So think of it as a positive. Embrace it if you can.
Good luck!

A certain level of tinnitus is always present naturally in the human ear, unless for some reason the heart stops but a person remains alive and conscious.

It happened to me one time when I fell asleep in the desert. I had fallen so deeply asleep that my heart stopped beating. No drugs, no gas, nothing unusual. Just peace and quiet. Some slight sound awoke me about 3:00am.

I woke up disoriented because no air passed through my nostrils, and my chest did not rise or fall.

My heart eventually tried to squeeze the blood a little bit, and a little bit more, and when it finally started beating again, the quiet sound of blood rushing in my ears, normally almost inaudible, sounded like the roar of a jet taking off.

Sometimes when a person listens very intently to something, the heart stops beating temporarily to enable hearing over the natural tinnitus that is almost always present in the normal ear.

• Banned
White noise helps. I had tinnitus for years. Still get a round of it now and then. When I do, I have a fan running. Or, I sleep with a youtube vid of White Noise. rain. wind. crackling fireplace, etc that loops for 10 to 12 hours straight. Also, aspirin can cause tinnitus.
I read somewhere that when there is ringing in your ears, it means your brain is repairing itself from some cause. So think of it as a positive. Embrace it if you can.
Good luck!

Oh, PLEASE let this be so!!! I wonder how long this would take?!! I'm so scared, tortured, and tormented by this!!!

Good luck!

Oh, PLEASE let this be so!!! I wonder how long this would take?!! I'm so scared, tortured, and tormented by this!!!
White noise starts immediately. It will take your brain a few minutes to override the ringing and then focus on the white noise.

Here are some links:

This one is my favorite. I have to hang a scarf over the tv though cuz its too bright when I'm trying to sleep. I have a tv in my bedroom, not hooked up to anything except wifi so I can get on youtube and listen to the collection I have for white noise. Plus, I have my fan on full blast too. :)

And this one too:

retrain your brain and ears to hear white noise instead of ringing
That happens naturally when the level of background noise rises above the sound of your own blood rushing in your inner ear.

The same thing happens in the eyes, with "floaters" which are red blood cells flowing through capillaries visible in the retina of the eye against a clear blue sky or similar background.

Common aftereffects of LSD, PCP, and other common psychedelic drugs dealt on your local street corner do include floaters and tinnitus that are much more noticeable and annoying than usual.

I have never done drugs or smoke or drank. I am, however, angry that this has happened. All from the absolute horror of a freak show it was where we were being introduced to some random General in the Army in the media because they were telling us there was a real issue of concern that our government were not going to survive. That along with showing us all where our government goes to in that mountain you usually think of for nuclear war. That and the fear of the food chain being broken. Every damn thing. Jesus. That was on top of p.t.s.d. I had from the verbal abuse of my mother from last year for six months after back surgery and the trauma from being bed ridden for five months because I had a herniated disc...of which I have another of plus three more bulging discs that I imagine will become herniated as well in years to come. I have felt like doing myself in.

Forum List

Back