NFC:
East:
Phil - with the win over NY, they just about clinched it - Second Seat

North:
BBBBBBEEEEAAARRRSSSS - I will be drinking to them beating MN - Third Seat

South:
Atlanta - First Seat

West:
Iron Mike's San Fransico Niners - Niners are 1 game back. They play STL this week, once they beat STL they have the tie breaker against them. Then they have the cupcakes Cards in Week 17. Seattle has TB who is still in the hunt and should beat Seattle. Then Seattle has STL in the last week, meaning only one team will have a 7-9 record. SF will have the tie breaker against both teams. SF, STL and Seattle should have equal records going into Week 17! Granted SF wins the next two and they go to the playoffs. - Fourth seat.

Wildcards:
Seat 5: New Orleans
Seat 6: Green Bay --> I am a believer in Green Bay, with Rodgers set to come back, they should be NY and painful as it is to say the Bears, Chicago will rest players as they have nothing to play for.

AFC:
East:
New England - First Seat

North:
Pit - Second Seat

South:
Colts - I am a believer that Manning is a top 3 QB in NFL history, I think he will lead them to the division title as he lead them to a must win last week - Seat 4

West:
KC

Wildcards:
Seat 5 - Jets
Seat 6 - Ravens

NFC

1. Atlanta
2. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
4. Seattle
5. New Orleans
6. NY Giants

New Orleans over Seattle
NY Giants over Chicago

New Orleans over Philadelphia
Atlanta over NY Giants

New Orleans over Atlanta

AFC
1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Kansas City
4. Indianapolis
5. Baltimore
6. NY Jets

NY Jets over Kansas City
Baltimore over Indianapolis

New England over NY Jets
Pittsburgh over Baltimore

New England over Pittsburgh

SB
New Orleans over New England

FTR I am ridiculously bad at predicting sports.

I don't think Atlanta is nearly as good as their record.

West:
Iron Mike's San Fransico Niners - Niners are 1 game back. They play STL this week, once they beat STL they have the tie breaker against them. Then they have the cupcakes Cards in Week 17. Seattle has TB who is still in the hunt and should beat Seattle. Then Seattle has STL in the last week, meaning only one team will have a 7-9 record. SF will have the tie breaker against both teams. SF, STL and Seattle should have equal records going into Week 17! Granted SF wins the next two and they go to the playoffs. - Fourth seat.

I don't know man. The SF/StL game should be close, but the Rams are the slim favorites. And the Cards won't be cupcakes for the Niners. It's a bitch to pick this division.

But I guess it doesn't matter in the end because no NFC West team is making it past round one.

Anyways, NE over Philly. :cool:

The NFC West should forfeit their playoff representation and as a consolation, have a good team from another division play in their spot in the seeding to maintain the requisite amount of teams. Kind of like when not enough kids showed up for a little league baseball game and the other team threw you a player to make 9.

West:

I don't know man. The SF/StL game should be close, but the Rams are the slim favorites. And the Cards won't be cupcakes for the Niners. It's a bitch to pick this division.

But I guess it doesn't matter in the end because no NFC West team is making it past round one.

I am biased on the SF pick, since I am a huge Iron Mike Fan from his glory days with the Bears! That is why I mostly picked them.

West:

I am biased on the SF pick, since I am a huge Iron Mike Fan from his glory days with the Bears! That is why I mostly picked them.

They need to get themselves a quarterback, and some consistency as a team. I think they're one of the hardest teams to pick, because they'll look like a nine-win team one week, and next week look like they could get spanked by the Panthers.

NFC[/U:]

1. ATL
2. BBBEEEEAAARRRSSSS
3. PHI
4. SF
5. NO
6. GB

GB shocks PHI
NO over SF

GB shocks ATL
Bears over NO

Bears and GB play classic with DA BEARS coming out on top

AFC:
1. NE
2. Pit
3. KC
4. IND
5. NYJ
6. BAL

BAL over KC
IND beating the overrated NYJ

NE beating BAL
Pit over IND

NE beating Pit

Bears SHOCKING to NE in Superbowl V, much like little Manning did!

yeah they are like the jets,just keep getting lucky,Like the jets luck eventually ran out when they played a real team the patriots,same will happen with the falcons once they make it to the playoffs.

NFC

1. Atlanta
2. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
4. Seattle
5. New Orleans
6. NY Giants

New Orleans over Seattle
NY Giants over Chicago

New Orleans over Philadelphia
Atlanta over NY Giants

New Orleans over Atlanta

AFC
1. New England
2. Pittsburgh
3. Kansas City
4. Indianapolis
5. Baltimore
6. NY Jets

NY Jets over Kansas City
Baltimore over Indianapolis

New England over NY Jets
Pittsburgh over Baltimore

New England over Pittsburgh

SB
New Orleans over New England

FTR I am ridiculously bad at predicting sports.

i would say those are good bets to pick.I agree with all of them except I put the ravens at
no 4,jets at no 5 and Colts at no 6. and the title games will probably be AFC Baltimore and NE with the patriots winning.NFC Atlanta against Phiadelphia with Eagles winning.thats as long as Vick stays healthy.

they play NO again ...we'll see, they beat them once this season, now it means even more for NO...they still have a shot.
Atl. has beaten GB, TB twice, the ravens, and NO IN NO. They aren't flashy but they get it done.

NO?....who knows they are on the top 15% in both cats Off and def. one of the few. But god can you get anymore inconsistent, losing to the browns, Ariz and barley escaping Carolina & Dallas? They still have the engine, but do they still have the spark?

and Philly now gets a chance to choke with Vick at the controls.....new boss, same as the old boss...

Pitt has played very unevenly, they traded wins with the ravens, barley escaped Miami & Buff. lost to the Jets, got smacked by NE and NO....I just don't see them going far.

NE ....hummmm if def. wins championships then they have a hard road to hoe....16 in pts given up, 28 ag. the pass 30 against the run...sooner or later that has to betray them, right?
Pitt and Balt. are 15 and 16 vs. the pass but in the top 5 against the run, pts scored etc. playoffs are playoffs, BUT the Pats have not lost 1 BIG game....all of the others have, they had a lapse against the hapless Browns and a 2nd week loss to the jets.

The Ravens are 4-3 against top tier opponents.Their offense is exactly mediocre, nothing more. They are 12 18 15 and 16 in the 4 cats...pts scored tot yds passing and rushing.They will need to do better than that...but can they? Their pass def. is suspect; matt schaub and Ryan whoooo? from Buff hung just short of 400 yds on them.

they play NO again ...we'll see, they beat them once this season, now it means even more for NO...they still have a shot.
Atl. has beaten GB, TB twice, the ravens, and NO IN NO. They aren't flashy but they get it done.

NO?....who knows they are on the top 15% in both cats Off and def. one of the few. But god can you get anymore inconsistent, losing to the browns, Ariz and barley escaping Carolina & Dallas? They still have the engine, but do they still have the spark?

and Philly now gets a chance to choke with Vick at the controls.....new boss, same as the old boss...

Pitt has played very unevenly, they traded wins with the ravens, barley escaped Miami & Buff. lost to the Jets, got smacked by NE and NO....I just don't see them going far.

NE ....hummmm if def. wins championships then they have a hard road to hoe....16 in pts given up, 28 ag. the pass 30 against the run...sooner or later that has to betray them, right?
Pitt and Balt. are 15 and 16 vs. the pass but in the top 5 against the run, pts scored etc. playoffs are playoffs, BUT the Pats have not lost 1 BIG game....all of the others have, they had a lapse against the hapless Browns and a 2nd week loss to the jets.

The Ravens are 4-3 against top tier opponents.Their offense is exactly mediocre, nothing more. They are 12 18 15 and 16 in the 4 cats...pts scored tot yds passing and rushing.They will need to do better than that...but can they? Their pass def. is suspect; matt schaub and Ryan whoooo? from Buff hung just short of 400 yds on them.

Reid is still coach, so even though there's a new QB, nothing has really changed. He's been a complete failure for over 10 years now, there's no reason to assume it will be any different regardless of the personnel he has to work with.

yeah they are like the jets,just keep getting lucky,Like the jets luck eventually ran out when they played a real team the patriots,same will happen with the falcons once they make it to the playoffs.

Yep, Sanchez might be the most overrated QB in football, although their D is damn tough. Revis was worth da cash!

Side note: How many neg reps did it take to get three red stars? You seem to be level headed when you discuss sports, but fall into troll land on everything else! Does the neg repping ever get you to think about your trolling ways and think well maybe I am just plain wrong? :eusa_whistle:

Beating a dead horse, Reid is not a COMPLETE failure :) Even if you consider him a failure for not winning a SB, his success has to make it less than complete! :lol:

The Jets and Falcons are not just lucky. Don't get me wrong, luck plays into any NFL season, more so than the other major sports because of the few games played, but I don't think a team that's had a defense and running game as good as the Jets this season can be considered nothing but lucky (especially having just beaten the Steelers), and I don't care how lucky a team is, you don't get to 12-2 on just luck. The Falcons have a good QB in Ryan; not Brady/Manning/Brees spectacular, but more than the stereotyped game manager. They have an excellent running game, with two powerful backs. They have one of the top receivers in the league in Roddy White. Their defense is the question mark IMO. They are middle of the league or worse in a number of defensive categories, which could end up hurting against a team like NO or NE should they get as far as the SB. The Falcons offense is good, but not quite up to a shootout with the top offenses of the league. Regardless, at 14-2, there is a lot more than luck involved.

The NFC West sucks, I almost don't want the Niners to win it because if Seattle or St Louis wins, they might be 8-8. I also expect you can pick any team to win the division and automatically predict a first round playoff loss, no matter who the opponent. Then I start to think of the Cards unexpectedly getting to the SB in the very short NFL playoffs, and I again find it in myself to hope for a 49er division win and surprise playoff run :eusa_pray:

I really hate to say this, because I want all SBs to go to either the Niners or teams with few/no SB wins in their history, but at this point I'm picking NE to win another. Hopefully they and the Steelers will stumble and someone else will get there for the AFC.

Beating a dead horse, Reid is not a COMPLETE failure :) Even if you consider him a failure for not winning a SB, his success has to make it less than complete! :lol:

The Jets and Falcons are not just lucky. Don't get me wrong, luck plays into any NFL season, more so than the other major sports because of the few games played, but I don't think a team that's had a defense and running game as good as the Jets this season can be considered nothing but lucky (especially having just beaten the Steelers), and I don't care how lucky a team is, you don't get to 12-2 on just luck. The Falcons have a good QB in Ryan; not Brady/Manning/Brees spectacular, but more than the stereotyped game manager. They have an excellent running game, with two powerful backs. They have one of the top receivers in the league in Roddy White. Their defense is the question mark IMO. They are middle of the league or worse in a number of defensive categories, which could end up hurting against a team like NO or NE should they get as far as the SB. The Falcons offense is good, but not quite up to a shootout with the top offenses of the league. Regardless, at 14-2, there is a lot more than luck involved.

The NFC West sucks, I almost don't want the Niners to win it because if Seattle or St Louis wins, they might be 8-8. I also expect you can pick any team to win the division and automatically predict a first round playoff loss, no matter who the opponent. Then I start to think of the Cards unexpectedly getting to the SB in the very short NFL playoffs, and I again find it in myself to hope for a 49er division win and surprise playoff run :eusa_pray:

I really hate to say this, because I want all SBs to go to either the Niners or teams with few/no SB wins in their history, but at this point I'm picking NE to win another. Hopefully they and the Steelers will stumble and someone else will get there for the AFC.

good points all. hey who can anyone say trent dilfer? Yes the ravens had the ultimate stop def. but they still had to score some points. Ryan is much better than dilfer. I don't see what they cannot go all the way.

Reid is still coach, so even though there's a new QB, nothing has really changed. He's been a complete failure for over 10 years now, there's no reason to assume it will be any different regardless of the personnel he has to work with.

I agree. IF Peyton had not won the big one, he would be consigned to Marino land, where mcnabb will now reside.

For someone who isn't a fan of the eagles it hard to see why one would say they were failure, BUT as a Colts fan getting and say, getting jobbed by Pittsburgh back in the Harbough championship game and all the years in between the 70's and now, I can see your points, you are a fan to see them win it all at least once. So, I hear you.
Frankly I don't know what the big love for Reid is...or where it came from. Marv Levy pick up the red courtesy phone. Next to him and Bid Grant, Reid is the biggest loser there is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back