Planned to have hamburgers last night...but plans changed

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
My son didn't want them.

He wanted Blueberry Pancakes. So we had pancakes (and I had a beer).

So for breakfast, we took the burger meat and made meatloaf (and rice).

The best meatloaf EVA!!!

Meatloaf and rice mixed together and stuffed inside bell peppers is probably one of the greatest foods in the entire world.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!

Kids should eat what their parents decide, not the other way around.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!

Oh come on.

I'm a stickler for tough-love parenting myself, but there's no reason why the kids shouldn't be able to be a part of some of the choices around the house.

Every single day deciding the menu? Of course not. But certain times the kids ought to be able to pick a special meal. I would personally have that be a reward for accomplishing something else, though.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!
Wuss.

Next time make the lil bastard eat what you want.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!

Oh come on.

I'm a stickler for tough-love parenting myself, but there's no reason why the kids shouldn't be able to be a part of some of the choices around the house.

Every single day deciding the menu? Of course not. But certain times the kids ought to be able to pick a special meal. I would personally have that be a reward for accomplishing something else, though.

Especially Friday nights! Rules in our house:

Everyone entitled to 1 'hate food'. The 'hater' can make their own choice and excused from that dreaded food. While one can change their hated food, can't within 1 month of exercising their option. ;) Thus it makes sense not to include broccoli or such as 'hate food', it shows up too often.

Everyone has 1 evening a month they get to call the meal, as long as healthy. Dessert is optional.

Birthday person gets 'choice.'

Sundays, (or Fridays) are 'make what you want.' Often it has been popcorn and fruit. :lol:

Friday nights Mini Echo and I get some kind of carry out or pizza, as a 'reward' to the end of the week. I usually let her choose, but last night I said it was moms turn.

We both had the vegetarian subs from Penn Station.

:eusa_drool:OMG!:eusa_drool:

They were the BEST! Pure Heaven in between french bread. mmmmmmmmmm I want another one right now, but I'm eating my homemade vegetable soup instead. {which is pretty damn tasty too!}

Friday nights Mini Echo and I get some kind of carry out or pizza, as a 'reward' to the end of the week. I usually let her choose, but last night I said it was moms turn.

They were the BEST! Pure Heaven in between french bread. mmmmmmmmmm I want another one right now, but I'm eating my homemade vegetable soup instead. {which is pretty damn tasty too!}

I actually really like veggie subs. "K" gets them a lot and I guilt her out of the other half most of the time :lol:

There's a place around here that makes a grilled veggie sub that I would actually substitute a cheese steak for. And that's saying a lot since cheese steaks are one of my faves and I live in cheese steak heaven, too.

Oh come on.

Everyone entitled to 1 'hate food'. The 'hater' can make their own choice and excused from that dreaded food. While one can change their hated food, can't within 1 month of exercising their option. ;) Thus it makes sense not to include broccoli or such as 'hate food', it shows up too often.

Everyone has 1 evening a month they get to call the meal, as long as healthy. Dessert is optional.

Sundays, (or Fridays) are 'make what you want.' Often it has been popcorn and fruit. :lol:
Dude, I'll take all the broccoli that no one else wants.

That's the only veggie besides corn on the cob that I'll take the time to cook just to eat all by itself.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!

Most of the time that's the case.

But when he said "Can we have Blueberry Pan---", I was saying "HELL YEAH!" before he could say "--cakes?"

Oh come on.

Dude, I'll take all the broccoli that no one else wants.

That's the only veggie besides corn on the cob that I'll take the time to cook just to eat all by itself.

Me too! One of the boys chose it for about a week. Then when something else showed up, wanted to change. Whoops! Broccoli was there at least twice a week. Same with cauliflower and spinach. Just not good 'hate foods.' LOL!

Sometimes I make dinner, and that's dinner.

Sometimes I ask the kids what they'd like for dinner. They never want the same thing, usually I still end up deciding but I'll modify it to suit them.

Sometimes we do the popcorn/fruit/cold cereal thing, if they've been munching and I don't think it's worth it to make dinner....

We frequently have eggs for dinner, and every now and then we have breakfast for dinner and pizza for breakfast.

When I was a little girl, my uncle and aunt babysat my brother and I after school while my mom was at work. Every single Friday night, they had breakfast for dinner. It was great...pancakes, bacon, ham or sausage, eggs, juice, the whole 9 yards. There was always home canned fruit too.

Now I want breakfast for dinner.

My son didn't want them.

The best meatloaf EVA!!!
I thought this was going to be a thread about deciding to become a vegetarian.

I actually really like veggie subs. "K" gets them a lot and I guilt her out of the other half most of the time :lol:

There's a place around here that makes a grilled veggie sub that I would actually substitute a cheese steak for. And that's saying a lot since cheese steaks are one of my faves and I live in cheese steak heaven, too.
A place near me makes eggplant parm subs that are out of this world. I'll take one of those over the juiciest hamburger any day!

Breakfast for dinner happens around twice a month here. Doesn't everyone do this? Kudos, toxi. I wish my kids would choose dinner more often. I get tired of deciding . . . hence, breakfast a couple of times a month.

Forum List

Back