Do you think

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Those people that don't have kids, should tell others how to raise their kids, or what's best for them?

Seems kind of silly for them to do that, doesn't it? I mean, no experience as a parent. It's like a Catholic Priest trying to conduct marriage counciling!

Should people that have kids tell others how to raise their kids?

And to you question. HELL NO! It is my constitutional right to screw up my children in my own way and not in your way.

Those people that don't have kids, should tell others how to raise their kids, or what's best for them?

No.

Funny quote from my friend that has been a teacher since 21. For the first several years of her teaching, all I heard about was how bad some parents were; how she would never let her own children, blah, blah, blah.

She stopped teaching for 7 years after her kids were born. When her oldest was about 3 she said to me, "Remember when I used to say, "blah, blah, blah?" Indeed. LOL! How quickly kids teach us to choose our battles.

Yeah, those with kids is another story. Right now, I'm just wondering about those without kids. I have a friend who tries to tell me this or that for Mini E- I nod and think to myself, "STFU" :lol:

Yeah, those with kids is another story. Right now, I'm just wondering about those without kids. I have a friend who tries to tell me this or that for Mini E- I nod and think to myself, "STFU" :lol:

You really are nice. I wouldn't just think it to myself. :lol:

I think lots of parents manage to screw their kids up perfectly well without input from anyone else. But we are all entitled to voice our opinions.

I've mentioned this before. There are many people who think they can run a school because they attended one. Same goes for busybodies who think because they were a kid, they are experts. A better friend would STFU and just listen. Hell I've got a degree saying I'm an expert in teenagers, and I'm still stupefied every damn day!

Unsolicited advice is rarely welcome on most subjects.
Should backseat drivers tell people how to drive?

No. Those people are almost as obnoxious as the people who have kids and think that, by the virtue of mere procreation, they are an expert in all things related to children and freely impart their un-solicited wisdom on those of us who don't have kids.

This thread reminds me of an 'experienced' person I'd rather not have advice from. Remember being pregnant for the first time and some idiot telling you horror stories? :whip:

This thread reminds me of an 'experienced' person I'd rather not have advice from. Remember being pregnant for the first time and some idiot telling you horror stories? :whip:

Vividly. Looking back, there's a couple people I would cheerfully shoot if given half a chance. :lol:

Vividly. Looking back, there's a couple people I would cheerfully shoot if given half a chance. :lol:
Uh oh' you could be put on that dangerous persons list.

Forum List

Back