Funny Things Kids say and Do

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
My youngest son at the age of 5 was in his brother's bedroom along with his two cousins who were visiting. I happened to be in the closet close to the room and heard the cousin's and my kids going tit for tat with stuff like "Well my mom, this, my mom that"

This went on for a few seconds, and I decided to go in there to put a stop to it. My 5 year old had his back to me, and the second I entered the room he had his tiny hands cupped under his breast, and started to do a little dance up and down, and chanted "Your Mommy don't got no Milk"

Many remember me mentioning this before but I'll do it again for the new members.

The same son, a year later couldn't go to sleep unless the light was on. Dad kept yelling up stairs "be quiet and go to sleep" Of course this went on for over 30 minutes.

Finally Dad, went to their doorway and said "Michael if I hear one more peep out of you, I'm turning off the light" A small pause then son said "dad, if you hear two peeps will you turn the light back on"

What say you? Got any good ones?

same son, lost a tooth...he gets a legal size envelope, puts the tooth in the envelope, on the outside he draws a line and at the end of that line a circle which was around the tooth. He wrote: Tooth Fairy, Last time you only gave me 50 cents and candy cost a lot now. I want a lot more please.

We had a thread like this a couple years ago, there was some funny stuff.

When my daughter was about 3 or 4, she was walking past the TV one day and for some reason the DVD player tray opened itself right as she was walking past it. It startled her and she stops and goes "WHAT the FUCK?" :lol:

She doesn't usually use bad words so it was extra funny. We had to actually go into another room to let our laughs out because we didn't want her to see us laughing and encourage that behavior.

I take full responsibility for her knowing that word. I have a dirty mouth at times and not always the best amount of control over it.

We had a thread like this a couple years ago, there was some funny stuff.

When my daughter was about 3 or 4, she was walking past the TV one day and for some reason the DVD player tray opened itself right as she was walking past it. It startled her and she stops and goes "WHAT the FUCK?" :lol:

She doesn't usually use bad words so it was extra funny. We had to actually go into another room to let our laughs out because we didn't want her to see us laughing and encourage that behavior.

I take full responsibility for her knowing that word. I have a dirty mouth at times and not always the best amount of control over it.
OH I can relate with that one. I cannot state was was repeated but it was bad bad bad. Great!

Someday CG, you will find cute kid stories as interesting as the absorbancy differences in Huggies vs. Pampers. Lol

Cute story from this morning. 19 year old, visiting from college, greets me with "Don't you think I'd make a great baby dadda, mom?" I threw a loaf of bread at him. Silly boy loves to push my buttons. Errrr!

Someday CG, you will find cute kid stories as interesting as the absorbancy differences in Huggies vs. Pampers. Lol

Cute story from this morning. 19 year old, visiting from college, greets me with "Don't you think I'd make a great baby dadda, mom?" I threw a loaf of bread at him. Silly boy loves to push my buttons. Errrr!

I doubt it. I'm not a kid person. I don't mind other people's, within reason and as long as they're not brats, but I'm not seeing them in my future. I think my biological clock is digital.... I never hear it ticking.

I doubt it. I'm not a kid person. I don't mind other people's, within reason and as long as they're not brats, but I'm not seeing them in my future. I think my biological clock is digital.... I never hear it ticking.
That is fine, my son is like that too and I have no qualms about it. I think it is great that you have identified your not the kid person whereas so many know that but still have kids and become bad parents. Good for you!

Volunteer at a K to 2nd grade class and you'll hear all kinds of funny crap.

Once this 2nd grader came in describing how she didn't get much sleep because her mom and boyfriend were making all kinds of noises and this kid was very detailed in explaining it. :lol:

That is fine, my son is like that too and I have no qualms about it. I think it is great that you have identified your not the kid person whereas so many know that but still have kids and become bad parents. Good for you!

Once this 2nd grader came in describing how she didn't get much sleep because her mom and boyfriend were making all kinds of noises and this kid was very detailed in explaining it. :lol:

A woman I know (not exactly a 'friend', but just someone I know) had to go in to hospital for a week and then was laid up for another 2/3 weeks after. They were gonna put her kids into care so I took them in. 3 of the little monsters.... aged 4, 6 and 8. I survived it. They survived it. They came in as little monsters but left as quite reasonable kids but I sure as hell would not want to have them full time.

A woman I know (not exactly a 'friend', but just someone I know) had to go in to hospital for a week and then was laid up for another 2/3 weeks after. They were gonna put her kids into care so I took them in. 3 of the little monsters.... aged 4, 6 and 8. I survived it. They survived it. They came in as little monsters but left as quite reasonable kids but I sure as hell would not want to have them full time.
It is a lot of work and each child is different. It is also different looking after your own then others. Big difference.

Personally I don't know of anything sweeter than children. Our youngest grandson loves to sit on grandma's lap. His mom lets him eat and carry food where ever he wants at her house. One day when he was about 11 months I was there and he wanted in my lap. He had a glass of milk in his hand. He was going to crawl up on my lap. I told him not until you set that milk cup down or put it on the table. You're not spilling that in my lap. He stepped back about three feet and scrunched his face up and looked at me like he was furious. It was one of those I'm going to scream type looks. I looked back at him and said no, not until you put the milk down. His face softened back up and he walked back up to me and handed me his milk cup. It was his compromise to get on grandma's lap. It made me laugh inside because giving up his milk was a big deal and knowing that he trust grandma enough with his milk glass was a sign of true love. It just does not get any better than that. Nothing is more special than true love and children show this in so many ways. He's now five and he's still a grandma's boy.

It is a lot of work and each child is different. It is also different looking after your own then others. Big difference.

I'm not convinced that it makes much of a difference. I guess it might to some, I family who are adopted - I don't view them any differently to 'blood', nor do their 'parents'. Personally, I think it's down to love more than anything else. If I were to decided I wanted kids (however unlikely) I would be more likely to adopt. I have adopted cousins, both with downs.They are marvellous human beings, and personally, I find them better company than a lot of 'normal' people I know.

CG,

People like you would make fantastic parent. Not saying you should, just letting you know if you ever decide to, take comfort in knowing that.

Forum List

Back