Pittsburgh gun safety proposal would ban semiautomatic rifles

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto was joined by Gov. Tom Wolf, members of City Council and state Democratic lawmakers Friday in proposing legislation that would ban semiautomatic rifles and certain ammunition and firearms accessories within city limits.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well now we can add that NJ is doing this Hmmm wonder if it will trickle across the country with all the snowflake pussy freaks out there.

Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto was joined by Gov. Tom Wolf, members of City Council and state Democratic lawmakers Friday in proposing legislation that would ban semiautomatic rifles and certain ammunition and firearms accessories within city limits.

Well now we can add that NJ is doing this Hmmm wonder if it will trickle across the country with all the snowflake pussy freaks out there.
Lol
Too bad progressives have no idea what semi auto means...

These rifles are protected by the 2nd Amendment, as clarified in the D.C. v Heller decision......written by Justice Scalia, and for those morons on the lower court, he also explained in Friedman v Highland Park that AR-15 rifles are specifically protected by the 2nd Amendment.....

These rifles are protected by the 2nd Amendment, as clarified in the D.C. v Heller decision......written by Justice Scalia, and for those morons on the lower court, he also explained in Friedman v Highland Park that AR-15 rifles are specifically protected by the 2nd Amendment.....

It doesn't matter anyway. Pennsylvania state law doesn't allow individual cities to implement their own gun regulations.

• Banned

When did Pittsburgh pick up and move to New Jersey?

i said JUST LIKE NJ IS DOING, ignorant fk try working on what it says instead of trying your damnedest to make me look like an idiot. Because for everyone else whose awake just like me sees you as being just as much as a dumbass lol....... Getting to be just like ANTIFA aye. lol

THIS IS WHY I MENTION NJ SMART ASS

upload_2018-12-14_18-54-33.png

• Banned

When did Pittsburgh pick up and move to New Jersey?

i said JUST LIKE NJ IS DOING, ignorant fk try working on what it says instead of trying your damnedest to make me look like an idiot. Because for everyone else whose awake just like me sees you as being just as much as a dumbass lol....... Getting to be just like ANTIFA aye. lol

THIS IS WHY I MENTION NJ SMART ASS

View attachment 234737

NEED MORE

CAN PICTURES STORIES HELP YOUR COMPREHENSION LEVELS....

upload_2018-12-14_18-55-47.png

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st.../bump-stock-ban-signed-into-law-in-new-jersey

So in other words AGAIN in my post all these states are beginning to ban many things having to do with guns.

But I guess since your are officially a Trump hating lefty tard now.......... I'll have to do pictures stories for you,

You just can't stand it you a.holes can't use the INFOWARS bs on me past few days , to bad you don't know how fkn dumb you really a.h.

The Pittsburgh proposal applies, basically, to "assault" weapons, which make up only a small part of "semiautomatic" weapons. It is silly and possibly unconstitutional, but it should be reported accurately, eh?

The Pittsburgh proposal applies, basically, to "assault" weapons, which make up only a small part of "semiautomatic" weapons. It is silly and possibly unconstitutional, but it should be reported accurately, eh?

Wrong....semi auto rifles are not "Assault Weapons," .......

Not much need for an automatic rifle in a city.

You mean except if you are a Korean store owner during the Rodney King riots...or any store owner during the left wing, black lives matter riots....you mean except for that...right? And most automatic rifles are owned by very few people...however, civilian, semi automatic rifles are the most popular rifle in the country....in cities, suburbs and the out in the rest of the country.....

Scalia also wrote in Heller that the Second Amendment "is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose." He intentionally leaves it open for reasonable regulation of firearms, including "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons." This was the basis for Friedman, which, if I remember correctly, Scalia and Thomas lost; Highland Park's ban was upheld.

My cousin and her husband operate a farm (coincidentally, in Pennsylvania) and they regularly rely on a semiautomatic rifle to keep coyotes and other predators away from their sheep. I think she has a good argument for being able to keep her rifle out there in the sticks, but in the middle of a city of 800,000 people, I'm not convinced that anyone needs an AR-15, cop-killer bullets, a drum magazine, or a bump stock. I would say their presence increases the danger to the community more than it increases the safety of the holder.

Oh, and the article also mentions that the proposal "would permit courts to temporarily prohibit a person deemed at risk by police or family members from possessing a gun," which I am all for.

Scalia also wrote in Heller that the Second Amendment "is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose." He intentionally leaves it open for reasonable regulation of firearms, including "the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons." This was the basis for Friedman, which, if I remember correctly, Scalia and Thomas lost; Highland Park's ban was upheld.

My cousin and her husband operate a farm (coincidentally, in Pennsylvania) and they regularly rely on a semiautomatic rifle to keep coyotes and other predators away from their sheep. I think she has a good argument for being able to keep her rifle out there in the sticks, but in the middle of a city of 800,000 people, I'm not convinced that anyone needs an AR-15, cop-killer bullets, a drum magazine, or a bump stock. I would say their presence increases the danger to the community more than it increases the safety of the holder.

Oh, and the article also mentions that the proposal "would permit courts to temporarily prohibit a person deemed at risk by police or family members from possessing a gun," which I am all for.

Heller and Scalia's opinioin in Heller...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment.

We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modern forms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001), the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

--------

Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

They did not take the case in Friedman v Highland Park...which simply means they didn't have the votes to overturn it........ and if you read Friedman v Highland Park, Scalia, who wrote the opinion in Heller, goes into detail about the Constitutionality of the AR-15 rifle......

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

That analysis misreads Heller.

The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense.

Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.

And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625.

The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

So.... you don't mind stripping people of their rights without due process? And what if the person is innocent, and the victim of a malicious attack by an angry ex....who calls the police in order to harrass or punish without any real cause? And who should pay for the legal fees and costs of the accused when they have to go to court to get their guns back?

Problem is leftist gun grabbers think everything that has a bullet in it is a " Semi automatic" and it's not.

I'm not convinced that anyone needs an AR-15, cop-killer bullets, a drum magazine, or a bump stock.

The AR-15 rifle is the most popular rifle in the country, some 8 million of them in private hands....more people are killed with bare hands than by all rifle types, let alone AR-15 rifles...so any fear you have of the rifle is completely unfounded...more people die falling off ladders each year than are killed even by mass shooters who use AR-15 rifles.....

And the gun grabbers have fooled you....they know you think "drum magazine" when they call for a ban on "high capacity" magazines.....then they ban magazines that hold more than 10 bullets......which means a pistol that takes 15-19 is now useless.......which was their intent all along, a gun ban without having to pass a law to do it.....

How many times have bump stocks been used in crimes?

Last edited:

Except PA has a preemption law which makes this illegal. Peduto is an idiot

Forum List

Back