Pittsburgh gun safety proposal would ban semiautomatic rifles

I support your right to own hand guns, rifles, shot guns as long as you are trained and licensed by proper authorities (the police? the military?)

I support your right to own automatic weapons as long as you are trained and licensed by proper authorities..

I will always VOTE to ensure your rights.
Are you properly trained by the government on proper speech? What about proper voting? If not, please refrain until you are certified.

Pennsylvania has State preemption. Peduto knows this, so he is just grandstanding. Maybe he wants to eventually run for Governor, or other office so he is Virtue Signaling to his base.

I support your right to own hand guns, rifles, shot guns as long as you are trained and licensed by proper authorities (the police? the military?)

I support your right to own automatic weapons as long as you are trained and licensed by proper authorities..

I don't believe I saw the words "as long as" anywhere in the text of the 2nd Amendment. Also, what other constitutional right is bound to licensing, and wherein is the authority to require such licensing?

There are time /place / manner restrictions on all our rights .

Why do you think people get permits for rallies?

Nope, wrong again. The permits are for GROUP activity in a specific place. Nobody is asking you to get a permit to speak as an individual. Nobody should be making you get a permit to exercise your 2A rights as an individual.

Virginia state law is also supreme. Alexandria tried to pull that same shit a while back. It got crushed.
If state law is supreme to local law, does that mean federal law is supreme to state law?

Do you support the right of local sovereignty? Doesn't sound like it.

Nope, wrong again. The permits are for GROUP activity in a specific place. Nobody is asking you to get a permit to speak as an individual. Nobody should be making you get a permit to exercise your 2A rights as an individual.
There is a right of free association, yet you must get a permit for a rally.

There is a right of free speech, yet you must get a license to broadcast over the air.

I don't believe I saw the words "as long as" anywhere in the text of the 2nd Amendment. Also, what other constitutional right is bound to licensing, and wherein is the authority to require such licensing?

So the cities can collect a security deposit.

Virginia state law is also supreme. Alexandria tried to pull that same shit a while back. It got crushed.
If state law is supreme to local law, does that mean federal law is supreme to state law?

Apples and screwdrivers. States are sovereign, cities are not. Federal law is supreme over state law only on matters mandated to the federal government by the Constitution. In all other matters, the 10th Amendment applies should the state wish to invoke it.

Apples and screwdrivers. States are sovereign, cities are not. Federal law is supreme over state law only on matters mandated to the federal government by the Constitution. In all other matters, the 10th Amendment applies should the state wish to invoke it.
Ah, so your conservatism/libertarianism only extends down to the state level. Got it.

Ah, so your conservatism/libertarianism only extends down to the state level. Got it.

No clue about the national OR state constitutions, eh?

I'm no conservative, anymore than Democrats are liberal.

But, there is absolutely no time/place/manner restriction in one's home or car.

So, I can have whatever weapon I choose in my home or car, right?

You have the right to own both without any training. Where does the 2nd amendment say anything about "with the proper training?" And it sure as hell doesn't say that government training is mandatory.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back