Pit bulls are safe around children!

If you don't like Pitbulls... don't own one. I can't blame you. But when others choose to keep one, don't hate on them, because I can't blame these people either. Pitbulls are awesome dogs and can make great pets. But they can be potentially dangerous animals, especially to the irresponsible.

Why would I like someone and not blame them for owning a vicious "potentially dangerous animal"? The animal isn't just potentially dangerous to the owner, it is dangerous to anyone who is anywhere near it -- to family, to neighbors, to people it encounters in parks or on walks. It is dangerous to other animals, primarily in urban areas, to dogs and cats. Why should my pet be put at risk because some numbskull wants to own a vicious, potentially dangerous animal that cannot be controlled? Why should I rely on the responsibility of the owner to train and control the dog in the necessary way so it isn't "potentially dangerous"? For the very most part, pit bull owners do not have the ability, knowledge, understanding or motivation to keep these dogs in check and eliminate the danger to themselves or the community.
:cuckoo:

Every single human being is a "potentially dangerous" animal. Every single one. Yet you do not hate every single human being, or the ones who raise them.

Or do you?

If you are hating on people because of the dogs they own, you are likely hating on others because of their religious views, or their sexual preferences, or because they own firearms, or their position on the Law.... Etc etc etc etc

Hate hate hate hate hate. It is as if people such as yourself just love to hate.

All that hate adds up. If you knew anything about karma, cause and effect, law of attraction, etc... than you would know that hating all the time is not beneficial to you at all.

That is not the kind of hate that you harness and turn into something strong. It is the kind if hate that eats away at you and makes you weak.

If you don't like Pitbulls... don't own one. I can't blame you. But when others choose to keep one, don't hate on them, because I can't blame these people either. Pitbulls are awesome dogs and can make great pets. But they can be potentially dangerous animals, especially to the irresponsible.

Why would I like someone and not blame them for owning a vicious "potentially dangerous animal"? The animal isn't just potentially dangerous to the owner, it is dangerous to anyone who is anywhere near it -- to family, to neighbors, to people it encounters in parks or on walks. It is dangerous to other animals, primarily in urban areas, to dogs and cats. Why should my pet be put at risk because some numbskull wants to own a vicious, potentially dangerous animal that cannot be controlled? Why should I rely on the responsibility of the owner to train and control the dog in the necessary way so it isn't "potentially dangerous"? For the very most part, pit bull owners do not have the ability, knowledge, understanding or motivation to keep these dogs in check and eliminate the danger to themselves or the community.

Every single human being is a "potentially dangerous" animal. Every single one. Yet you do not hate every single human being, or the ones who raise them.

Or do you?

If you are hating on people because of the dogs they own, you are likely hating on others because of their religious views, or their sexual preferences, or because they own firearms, or their position on the Law.... Etc etc etc etc

Hate hate hate hate hate. It is as if people such as yourself just love to hate.

All that hate adds up. If you knew anything about karma, cause and effect, law of attraction, etc... than you would know that hating all the time is not beneficial to you at all.

That is not the kind of hate that you harness and turn into something strong. It is the kind if hate that eats away at you and makes you weak.

I never said anything about hating anyone: that was your word. However, I certainly do not respect anyone who would keep a vicisous, potentially dangerous animal.

You are almost not even worth responding to. You don't seem to be able to think rationally at all, accusing me of hating people, all kinds of people, because I don't want pit bulls in the community. Dogs like pit bulls are not suitable for civilized society. Period. Accusing me of hating people for all kinds of things like religion or gender: that's absolutely ludicrous and a very, very flawed and false analogy. A huge stretch, far outside the boundaries of reason. And, again, hate is your word: it was never mine.

Perhaps you are projecting: perhaps it is you who is full of hate.

I think you are 'off.' I don't engage in discussion with people who cannot even think or post with reason, so don't expect me to respond to you any further.

Oh, and btw, stating that every human being is a potentially dangerous animal is again a very flawed and false anology. We are not talking about humans; we are talking about dogs.

Last edited:
Bears and tigers are wild animals.

Pitbulls are domesticated, and the ones that become aggressive were trained to be that way through abuse and fear from bad owners.

Definitely apples and oranges, Godboy. Pitbulls raise with love and affection are incredibly loyal, loving, sweet, playful, and smart. If you raise them well, they will love you. I love it when they tuck their little butts in and dash around to play. :D

If they are so safe, why is it that every time we hear about a toddler being mauled to death, a pit bull is always involved?

Because pits can be dangerous when not raised properly. What about all the pit bulls that are great pets and never have any incidents?

The problem is that you assume all pit bulls are dangerous. That is far from the truth. If you encounter ten pit bulls, are all of them automatically dangerous?

Don't judge the breed.

Bears and tigers are wild animals.

Pitbulls are domesticated, and the ones that become aggressive were trained to be that way through abuse and fear from bad owners.

Definitely apples and oranges, Godboy. Pitbulls raise with love and affection are incredibly loyal, loving, sweet, playful, and smart. If you raise them well, they will love you. I love it when they tuck their little butts in and dash around to play. :D

If they are so safe, why is it that every time we hear about a toddler being mauled to death, a pit bull is always involved?

Because pits can be dangerous when not raised properly.

Weve seen countless examples where they were raised properly, yet they still attack people.

Weve seen countless examples where they were raised properly, yet they still attack people.

And everyone who is attacked by a dog will always claim they did nothing to provoke the attack. There is ALWAYS a reason why a dog attacks.

And everyone who is attacked by a dog will always claim they did nothing to provoke the attack. There is ALWAYS a reason why a dog attacks.

Exactly. Dogs are different from people in that wether they are balanced or not is strictly dependent on how they raised. There are no cases where a dog is trained properly, nourished properly and loved properly where the dog becomes unbalanced. With humans it's nature and nurture. Dogs are much more simple, it's all how they are raised.

Exactly. Dogs are different from people in that wether they are balanced or not is strictly dependent on how they raised. There are no cases where a dog is trained properly, nourished properly and loved properly where the dog becomes unbalanced. With humans it's nature and nurture. Dogs are much more simple, it's all how they are raised.

Often when a child is reported to be attacked by a dog, I wonder if that child was pulling the dogs ears, or sticking his fingers in its eyes.

U.S. Marine Corps Bans Pit Bulls and Other Breeds; Policy Affects All Privatized Housing
Marine Corps Pet Policy

Virginia - Following the April action of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, which banned pit bulls, rottweilers, wolf hybrids and their mixes from base housing and prohibited visitors from bringing them onto base, the U.S. Marine Corps recently adopted the same policy for all U.S. and overseas Marine Corps installations.

U.S. Marine Corps Bans Pit Bulls and Other Breeds; Policy Affects All Privatized Housing

U.S. Army Adopts Breed Restriction Policy for RCI Privatized Housing

Pet Policy Adopted for RCI Privatized Housing
In January, the U.S. Army standardized its pet policy, banning breeds deemed "aggressive or potentially aggressive." The breeds (and their mixes) include: pit bulls, American staffordshire terriers, bull terriers, rottweilers, doberman pinschers, chows, wolf hybrids and any others that display a dominant or aggressive behavior. The U.S. Army enacted the new policy to prevent pet owners from encountering uneven policies when moving between installations.

U.S. Army Adopts Breed Restriction Policy for RCI Privatized Housing

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Asslips, you put your foot in your mouth more than anyone ive ever met. I cant wait to see how you try to worm out of this one. This article is saying literally the exact opposite of what you claimed. :lol:

Do you need an adult to decipher for you? WHAT don't you understand about the U.S. Marine Corps Bans Pit Bulls and Other Breeds; Policy Affects All Privatized Housing?

ban
verb

1) to prohibit, forbid, or bar; interdict

The problem is that you assume all pit bulls are dangerous. That is far from the truth. If you encounter ten pit bulls, are all of them automatically dangerous?
Don't judge the breed.

Yes. They are very dangerous dogs.

Often when a child is reported to be attacked by a dog, I wonder if that child was pulling the dogs ears, or sticking his fingers in its eyes.

It is truly unbelievable that anyone would blame the child. If a dog is potentially dangerous to a child, it certainly should not be anywhere near one, supervised or unsupervised. These dogs are unpredictable. And, different from other dogs, when they attack, they cause immense damage and death. It is just incomprehensible that anyone would defend these animals.

It's like, for some, you take it personally. It isn't personal: it's practical. I won't go anywhere near them. I wouldn't go to someone's house that had one; I certainly would not allow a small child or elderly adult anywhere near one. I don't blame the individual dog per se: it is not the dog's fault that this mentality is part of its make up. But it is the reality, and we need to stop breeding these dogs and get rid of the pit bull gene entirely.
There is no reason to have pit bulls among us. Again, there are over 300+ breeds of dogs: choose another breed. How difficult is that?

It is truly unbelievable that anyone would blame the child. If a dog is potentially dangerous to a child, it certainly should not be anywhere near one, supervised or unsupervised. These dogs are unpredictable. And, different from other dogs, when they attack, they cause immense damage and death. It is just incomprehensible that anyone would defend these animals.

It's like, for some, you take it personally. It isn't personal: it's practical. I won't go anywhere near them. I wouldn't go to someone's house that had one; I certainly would not allow a small child or elderly adult anywhere near one. I don't blame the individual dog per se: it is not the dog's fault that this mentality is part of its make up. But it is the reality, and we need to stop breeding these dogs and get rid of the pit bull gene entirely.
There is no reason to have pit bulls among us. Again, there are over 300+ breeds of dogs: choose another breed. How difficult is that?

Why is it unbelievable that someone would blame the child? Have you ever been around a toddler? I raised 3 great children into 3 great adults. When they were very small, all 3 of them slapped my face, poked my eyes, pulled my ears and my beard. I knew it was playfully done. But any dog could be provoked into attacking by such actions. It has been said over and over that certain dogs attack without provocation. With small children you can expect provocation.

That is why no infant or toddler should be left alone with any dog.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Asslips, you put your foot in your mouth more than anyone ive ever met. I cant wait to see how you try to worm out of this one. This article is saying literally the exact opposite of what you claimed. :lol:

You are getting desperate. :lol:

What was it I claimed?

This is from a politician. Politicians make a lot of decisions based on career objectives not common sense. When I was in the military things would come down from politicians all the time that had us shaking our heads in amazement. Basically they are saying "Look we hate pit bulls too" Look for the guy in the memo to be in the political arena in a few years if he is not already.

You claimed... "The reason they don't use them is because its harder to train them to attack humans"

The real answer is the exact opposite. They attack humans FAR TOO OFTEN, that's why they don't use them.

As for the rest of the nonsense in your post, you've been wrong about EVERYTHING so far, so why would you expect us to assume you have any fucking insight into why the military doesn't use pit bulls? You think a politician is responsible for this military regulation? Based on what? Where did you come up with this idea? Did you think you could get away with making up a bunch of bullshit and not be called out on it? Think again loser. :lol:

You must have missed it. The article had nothing to do with why they dont use the dogs in battle. Please post a quote from the article stating that. Like I said before you are desperate. I know I kick your ass intellectually all the time but you have to come up with a better pseudo victory for you to get excited about. :lol:

Why is it unbelievable that someone would blame the child? Have you ever been around a toddler? I raised 3 great children into 3 great adults. When they were very small, all 3 of them slapped my face, poked my eyes, pulled my ears and my beard. I knew it was playfully done. But any dog could be provoked into attacking by such actions. It has been said over and over that certain dogs attack without provocation. With small children you can expect provocation.

OMG! You guys just don't get it. A small child should not be around pit bulls. That is the topic of this thread. Why? Because a child is less able or unable to fend off such an attack and because the behavior of a child may set off a pit bull, and when a pit bull is set off, it goes berserk and either does horrendous damage or kills the child.

Your post is like you are choosing the dog over the child. What kind of parent, what kind of sane individual would do that? If you have a dog, any dog, though pit bulls are the worst, which will go berserk and kill a child, why would you blame the child? Are humans of less value to you than your fucking pit bull? Unbelievable. Do you feel the toddler is the one responsible to be ‘trained’ how to behave around the dog? Unbelievable.

And by the way, pit bulls also attack adults. It is just that when they attack children or the elderly, those less able to fend them off, the victim tends to die. It doesn't take much to set a pit bull off: it is just that it is unpredictable--you never know when it will suddenly go berserk, and when it does it is murderous.

Last edited:

Children often times do things to provoke dogs. They pull ears and poke dogs in the eyes and eat food right at the dogs level of access. That was the reason I got a pit bull. They tolerate a lot of abuse from kids. Kids screaming at the top of their lungs can set a dog off. All the pits I had took it in stride. My kids could make my dogs stop in the middle of eating their food simply by putting their hands in their bowls. Dogs are pack animals. As long as your dog understands its place in the pack it will submit. That place should be at the bottom. In the absence of you assigning the dog a place in the pack the dog will assert that he is the leader. Thats when you have issues. I am of the opinion that a pit in particular should never show annoyance or aggression with a child. If I had one that did I would put it down.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack
This proves nothing. Any dog can suddenly turn and attack. Even a Labrador.

Pit Bulls are very gentle and very intelligent dogs.

OMG! You guys just don't get it. A small child should not be around pit bulls. That is the topic of this thread. Why? Because a child is less able or unable to fend off such an attack and because the behavior of a child may set off a pit bull, and when a pit bull is set off, it goes berserk and either does horrendous damage or kills the child.

Your post is like you are choosing the dog over the child. What kind of parent, what kind of sane individual would do that? If you have a dog, any dog, though pit bulls are the worst, which will go berserk and kill a child, why would you blame the child? Are humans of less value to you than your fucking pit bull? Unbelievable. Do you feel the toddler is the one responsible to be ‘trained’ how to behave around the dog? Unbelievable.

And by the way, pit bulls also attack adults. It is just that when they attack children or the elderly, those less able to fend them off, the victim tends to die. It doesn't take much to set a pit bull off: it is just that it is unpredictable--you never know when it will suddenly go berserk, and when it does it is murderous.

I have said nothing that could even be vaguely construed as choosing a dog over my child.

Oh, and you posted:"...and because the behavior of a child may set off a pit bull". How dae you blame the victim!!!! lmao

Because what you said is the same as what I had said when you exploded and accused me of blaming the victim.

Just a few weeks ago we all saw that video of a cat that saves a boy who is being mauled by a dog. Tell me, what did that boy do to provoke the attack? Thats right, he did NOTHING to provoke that attack!

Is this the kind of stupid shit we can expect from all your posts?

Last edited:

Just a few weeks ago we all saw that video of a cat that saves a boy who is being mauled by a dog. Tell me, what did that boy do to provoke the attack? Thats right, he did NOTHING to provoke that attack!

Your point is retarded, and you are retarded for implying it.

Unless the dog has never been around people, and the first time he is he attacks every person he sees, there is some other stimuli at work to prompt the attack.

That does not mean it is the victim's fault. The dog may misinterpret an action. It may be a smell. But dogs rarely attack for absolutely no reason.

Your point is retarded, and you are retarded for implying it.

Unless the dog has never been around people, and the first time he is he attacks every person he sees, there is some other stimuli at work to prompt the attack.

That does not mean it is the victim's fault. The dog may misinterpret an action. It may be a smell. But dogs rarely attack for absolutely no reason.

Go watch the video and get back to me. That kid did nothing to deserve being attacked by the neighbors dog. Dogs DO attack for no reason sometimes, pitbulls in particular.

Forum List

Back