Pit bulls are safe around children!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Godboy, Jul 21, 2014.

1. sear

sear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Thanks again Iw, next time I'm The store, I'll look
    Bragg's

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,940
    I thought I read somewhere that small dogs were actually responsible for most dog bites. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that before. I'll have to check it out.

Of course, the larger dogs do more damage, but if you think about it, some small dogs can be quite vicious but no one takes them seriously. Lol. I've been bit by a few small dogs actually.

However, they could probably hurt a child or baby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pwjohn

pwjohn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,702
    From what I've seen, and just guessing, , I would have to say that the 5 million number sounds about right. Percentage of the total population is where they get it wrong.. imo

4. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    The dog tried to kill me you asshole. And the dog was immediately put down.

I have had dogs for 60 years. My dad raised them when I was a child and I raised them when I moved out and got married. All of our dogs were extremely well behaved and obedient. NONE of our dogs ever showed any aggression towards any human beings.

My dad always said when you think you know what you're doing, THAT is when you better be aware. You may THINK you are a macho man and have complete control of your pit bull. But that's because you are a ignorant fuck.

Yes, the pit bull IS a dangerous animal. It should be banned. It is not a "pet", it is a felon with a tail.

But macho turds and criminals like you NEED a dangerous dog to fill your insecurity.

Go fuck yourself...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iceweasel

Iceweasel Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,192
    No, most people do fine with them. Effeminates and dopers should avoid them, that's the problem.

6. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Just what I expected from a turd like you. I am neither. Such utter ignorance.

7. Iceweasel

Iceweasel Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,192
    You dismissed the dominant leader of the pack mentality I mentioned earlier. So you are a limp wristed lib, you should not own a powerful breed, it's as simple as that.

8. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    They are animals, not humans. You may THINK you are a "dominant leader of the pack", but YOU don't get to decide. Buddy always listened to me and never showed the aggression that was unleashed THAT DAY. I never hit a dog or use physical methods on a dog.

9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    Children and especially babies are vulnerable to any dog. I baby could be seriously hurt by a dog that had no viscous intent.

When dogs "play" with each other, they bit each other on the snoot but they stop applying pressure when they feel bone or cartilage. A dog's snoot has little or no flesh. A babies face has a lot of flesh before a dog would hit bone or cartilage. By that time the child is maimed.

10. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,300
    I need my Pitts because I am a guard on a property in one of the most dangerous areas in Seattle. I sleep with my door wide open. I can because my dogs alert me to intruders well ahead of the danger so I can get up and dressed to confront the intruders. This happens on an average of half a dozen times a night(12AM-6AM). I've been doing this for nearly 6 years. The advantage for me is that I get to use the whole first floor to work on my projects as I invent things and do repairs professionally. The two large buildings of the closed motel surround one of the most popular restaurants in North Seattle. Part of my responsibility is to keep the whole area safe for the largely elderly clientele that frequent the dining establishment from the thugs, gang bangers, drug dealers and users, prostitutes and homeless. My dogs do a phenomenal job sorting out who to alert me to and who are legitimate patrons. I really couldn't do my job without the assistance of my Pits.

The property I protect is surrounded partly by chain link fences. I'm up on the third floor with a good view of the areas that need the most observance.

My situation is not the typical family environment. But I know Pit Bulls. They know me. I agree that they make a very dangerous all purpose pet. Some of them have zero tolerance for other dogs, that is other dogs they do not believe are part of their immediate pack. Some of them have incredible tolerance for other dogs...even yappy mutts that are attempting to start a fight. Still when pushed or not they can do horrible damage in just a few seconds when that switch inside them says..."fight or flight" and I have never seen one choose the latter.

It is YOU that is the dumb fuck in that YOU put yourself in the position to get attacked. You say YOUR dog attacked you? YOU have/had no business owning a Pit Bull.

• Agree Agree x 1