Pick The People's Candidate For 2016

Who wouldn't you nominate for your party in 2016 and why?

• A woman of any age or description: in troubled times men are better leaders

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A minority: Sorry, we just went through 8 years of unqualified skin color. Not again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A religious zealot: Religious extremism would just further divide the country.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • A gay-promoting candidate: Religious extremism would just further divide the country

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A Dick Cheney suck-up: His politics and yes-men have nearly destroyed our country

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • An old person: World too crazy to risk a senile leader

• A young person: World too crazy to risk a novice leader

• Other [none of the above reasons would cause me not to vote]

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
The only thing that will be worse for any democrat in this election for them is if obama tries to help them.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This is a thread to discuss who you would pick to run as your party's candidate if you were head of the DNC or RNC.

Who would it be and why? Also included is a poll of who you wouldn't vote for and why. I'm going to be very non-PC in my questions because I believe that reailty will help our major parties choose a good candidate. Sorry if reality offends some people. I'm offended by rattlesnakes. But when I encounter them, I don't pretend they are fluffy bunny rabbits.

If I were head of the DNC or the RNC, I would fire everyone that worked for me because they are morons. Choosing which candidates need support would be a secondary issue.

Needless to say, I am not the head of the DNC or RNC.

Rand paul, paul ryan or ben carson any of these for pres and or vice

Oh the reason is its gonna take someone way in the right to do the repair the damage after obama gets done

Carson has no political experience, Rand Paul will never be elected, and Ryan's economic plan is vastly unpopular. Plus, after right wing Obama, we need a liberal.

Hillary Clinton, Brian Schweitzer and Joe Biden would all be good choices for Dems. There are also several others that would make excellent selections if those three do not run.

For Repubs, Sandoval, Ayotte, Kirk, and Portman are the best choices. The only good ones, in fact.

I like them too, but Sanders isn't electable at the top of a ticket, and Warren appears firmly in the Clinton camp. They'd both make stellar Veeps.

I might vote Hillary-she's got some stuff going for her.

The most important issue when selecting a president is foreign policy, and no one has a better resumè here than Clinton. She was a First Lady, a Senator, and a Secretary of State, worked with International Relations through three administrations, and is liked, respected, and well known by world leaders. She negotiated an important temporary cease-fire between Israel and Gaza during a time of increased tensions throughout the region. And, she improved the image of the US as damage control after the Foreign Policy clusterfuck that was the Bush administration.

On domestic issues, she also had plenty of experience from the aforementioned positions. She has a record in the Senate of being able to work across the aisle, build effective coalitions to pass effective legislation, and, unlike Obama, has actions and a voting record to back up her rhetoric.

Overall, there is a very good case to be made for First Lady/Senator/Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The most important issue when selecting a president is foreign policy, and no one has a better resumè here than Clinton. She was a First Lady, a Senator, and a Secretary of State, worked with International Relations through three administrations, and is liked, respected, and well known by world leaders. She negotiated an important temporary cease-fire between Israel and Gaza during a time of increased tensions throughout the region. And, she improved the image of the US as damage control after the Foreign Policy clusterfuck that was the Bush administration.

On domestic issues, she also had plenty of experience from the aforementioned positions. She has a record in the Senate of being able to work across the aisle, build effective coalitions to pass effective legislation, and, unlike Obama, has actions and a voting record to back up her rhetoric.

Overall, there is a very good case to be made for First Lady/Senator/Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

This is why America is fucked, leftist think other countries are more important

Very weak argument! She has accomplished nothing positive that has had a major benefit.

Her negatives are legend!

I'm leaning towards Chris Christie but waiting also to see what the democrats produce as a candidate. Depending on how infiltrated the DNC is with the cult of LGBT or other simpering idiots, it may be someone worth having or not.

But Christie is as middle looking as it gets right now. And a strong leader. He's going to be hard to beat. Best of all: Dick Cheney-politics doesn't like him. That right there seals the deal.

This is why America is fucked, leftist think other countries are more important

The most important issue without a doubt is foreign policy. That's just common sense. Since in recent times, presidents have grown to believe they hold the absolute reigns of foreign policy and congress has gone along with it, that is the most important issue when selecting a president. That's just a fact. A good foreign policy can be the difference between a robust economy and an economy in shambles, peace abroad or a nuclear war, etc. It's the most important issue by any standard and you would have to be a fool not to realize that.

Very weak argument! She has accomplished nothing positive that has had a major benefit.

Her negatives are legend!

Have you not been paying attention? Look at her record: she's done a a great job working in the senate to form coalitions to get legislation passed, played a powerful role as First Lady in the Clinton administration, and has an amazing record as Secretary of State in improving our stature world wide in the aftermath of the Bush administration. She even negotiated an important temporary ceasefire between Israel and Gaza, which shows that she might be able to make progress on that front.

Imunna go wit duh winner! corporate america.
What the hell, they've won every election since 1970!

We only get one choice in the poll, so I didn't vote.

I won't vote for two factions - a religious nut because theocracies are intolerable and a theocracy here would shatter the Constitution,

and a Cheny suck-up/clone - we went down that road before, 2 wars with a third threatened in Iran, a collapsed economy, no help for Katrina victims, and a three-pronged terrorist attack while Cheney hid out in undisclosed locations. Fuck that, we're still cleaning up after him and his minions are still holding us back.

Forum List

Back