PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

112489_17.gif

:( I have hundreds of images. I would not pay $5 for hosting them, much less $400.

Need some alternative sites to use. This sucks. If you can't see it......my sig show dummy images. (no smart remarks!! lol)

Meow-3.gif

IMGUR and TUMBLR.

Photobucket has been off the deep end for a couple years now. About the time they were hacked and users were getting viruses.

They just got themselves relegated to the dustbin of the internet for being greedy.

I hate to tell you Kat but I still see the stuff in your sig.

And I use photobucket and my images are still showing... it must be a cap of usage?

Say what??????? Kidding, right? NOPE

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images - gHacks Tech News
That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

Hey now.

I have had it many mucho years.

What do you use?
Boxes, desk drawers............

And I use photobucket and my images are still showing... it must be a cap of usage?

I put them back in with that other program. I can get to my images....they show..in PB, but after they are linked out was when they all of a sudden went bad.
I am good now......unless I have to move those off PB. I need someone to do it for me. I think you could? :eusa_angel:

Say what??????? Kidding, right? NOPE

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images - gHacks Tech News
That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

Hey now.

I have had it many mucho years.

What do you use?
Boxes, desk drawers............

Smarty!

:( I have hundreds of images. I would not pay $5 for hosting them, much less $400.

Need some alternative sites to use. This sucks. If you can't see it......my sig show dummy images. (no smart remarks!! lol)

Meow-3.gif

IMGUR and TUMBLR.

Photobucket has been off the deep end for a couple years now. About the time they were hacked and users were getting viruses.

They just got themselves relegated to the dustbin of the internet for being greedy.

What idiot would pay $399? (per year) No one, so why do such n insulting thing?

I put them back in with that other program. I can get to my images....they show..in PB, but after they are linked out was when they all of a sudden went bad.
I am good now......unless I have to move those off PB. I need someone to do it for me. I think you could? :eusa_angel:

My avatar is from Photobucket. Here is a picture of my cat, does it show up?

e14f1998-0119-4c26-ac51-5ffbad5bbaef_zps64cbb5ec.jpg

It shows just fine.

Let me try one...

halloween_cat.jpg

Mine does not show. At least to me.

It shows just fine.

Let me try one...

halloween_cat.jpg

Nope your's doesn't show, I'm guess it has to do with data usage on their board and the number of photos you have redirected to other sites or something.

It shows just fine.

Let me try one...

halloween_cat.jpg

Nope your's doesn't show, I'm guess it has to do with data usage on their board and the number of photos you have redirected to other sites or something.

hmm well maybe, but it says I have used 16% and that is it. And I don't really post images anywhere else much right now.

It's okay. I can use the other programs.

I'm in the same boat, Kat.
Just got a 2nd email saying some of the features will be disabled because they noticed I was using PB for 3rd party hosting.

What's weird is....haven't we ALWAYS used PB for 3rd party hosting? Doesn't everyone that uses it use it for 3rd party hosting?

I had no warning that I saw....it just all of a sudden happened. grr

What's weird is....haven't we ALWAYS used PB for 3rd party hosting? Doesn't everyone that uses it use it for 3rd party hosting?

I've been doing it for the past few years.
Just started noticing a problem with sharing pics here ~a month ago. I think I even started a thread asking if something changed with this site.

I've been doing it for the past few years.
Just started noticing a problem with sharing pics here ~a month ago. I think I even started a thread asking if something changed with this site.

Wonder why they have done this??

Forum List

Back