PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Say what??????? Kidding, right? NOPE

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images - gHacks Tech News

:( I have hundreds of images. I would not pay $5 for hosting them, much less $400.

Need some alternative sites to use. This sucks. If you can't see it......my sig show dummy images. (no smart remarks!! lol)

Meow-3.gif

oopsie double post.

ummm everything is double. Maybe that is why it happens to people here.

Well, that was single.....

Enjoying me talking to myself??? :lol:

You could try .. Deviant Art, I used to use them.. By now you probably have to join..

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
imur seems really good...so far. Gosh I despise the thought of moving all my images...barf

If you have visited a website recently that displays images hosted on Photobucket, or are embedding images hosted on Photobucket on your own, you may have had a rather rude awakening one day as Photobucket decided to block these images from being displayed on third-party sites.

All Photobucket images hosted on third-party sites, at least from what we can tell, are replaced by a dummy image. It reads: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. For important info, please go to www.photobucket.com/P500.

Tip: We have published a Photobucket alternatives guide for users of the service who are looking for an alternative.

According to some users that we spoke with who are affected by this, this happened without prior notice or any form of warning on Photobucket's part.

That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

That's what ya get for using Photosuckit........... Never used it, never needed to. :dunno:

Hey now.

I have had it many mucho years.

What do you use?

Forum List

Back